Talking Jamal Murray (Tuesday Show Thread)

Apr26.Jamal_Murray_WEB

Tonight is the supremely odd tradition we call the NBA Draft Lottery, the process in which the league determines the order of the first 14 picks of the draft. That’s right, whether or not Karl Towns lands in Minnesota, New York, or a handful of other random cities is in the hands of tiny ping pong balls and the machine that spins them.

On today’s show, Matt and Ryan will break down the lottery and discuss a potentially huge development in recruiting: Jamal Murray is reportedly on UK’s campus right now for an official visit. By now, we shouldn’t have to tell you how big this is. To hear all the latest, turn on your radio right now.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

46 Comments for Talking Jamal Murray (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:56 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

Did everyone got vote? I did. Ryan Lemond for Gov.

2. Laker Cat 18
    9:56 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

I think the question on everyone’s mind is regarding Jamal Murray. What’s the latest on his visit?

• J-Dub421
      10:35 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

He’s on campus for his official visit now.

3. Laker Cat 18
    9:58 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

Also another thing I must add. Why in the world are former UK players (Noel, Malone, etc.) endorsing a Louisville fan disguised as a UK fan for Governor of Kentucky?

• J-Dub421
      10:36 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

They’re young, and don’t know any better.

• Realme
      10:37 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

I figured they were paid to do so.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:43 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

I agree and I doubt either one got to vote. Crazy what money can buy these days.

4. Laker Cat 18
    10:00 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

Someone help me set the record for the most show thread activity before KSR actually starts. Rough day at work yesterday with some deadlines I had to meet. Ready for today’s show.

I love Tom Leach, but man does he put me to sleep on his show.

5. Realme
    10:09 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

I would definitely vote for Barley Peppercorn.

6. JD-UK
    10:11 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

Haha you have to be kidding me that women get along better than men. All women hate each other.

• Realme
      10:13 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

What a broad, sweeping, untrue statement.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:17 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

Broad and sweeping…yes. Untrue…hardly.

• Realme
      10:20 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

You guys are either watching too much reality tv, or spending time around the wrong people. I am a woman, and in my work, family, and friend circles, none of the females fit the stereotype you are applying. I do not know a single woman who hates other women, that’s a silly thing to think.

• ukjaybrat
      10:24 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

There is of course the stereotype that men get along better and women are all catty and what not… granted it is a stereotype that may not always be true, but all stereotypes and generalizations have some truth to them.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:26 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

I agree with JD-UK. Men don’t care. When a woman wakes up in the morning, her day is devoted to competing with other women. I’m not sure if it’s insecurity or what. I see it daily. The funny part is they all deny they act that way. None of them EVER admit it.

• Realme
      10:28 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

Wow you guys. Just wow. I can see you are going to keep applying things you see in some women to us all. I give up.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:31 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

I ABHOR reality TV. Maybe you haven’t been a manager or administrator in a hospital with ~ 3000+ employees-2/3 of which are female. 80% of the “drama” issues have NOTHING to do with work performance and EVERYTHING to do with personal grudges, petty issues and statements akin to “I am going to get that B****.”
      Glad you don’t belong to that inauspicious club.

• ukjaybrat
      10:33 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

for the record… I DID say that stereotypes do not always apply to everyone.

• Realme
      10:37 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

I know you did Jay. It’s others that have said things I take offense to.

• J-Dub421
      10:39 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

Men are constantly trying to prove they have the biggest dick, which gets annoying.

• RandyB
      10:39 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

I once worked in a formerly all-woman company. Women are the most competitive creatures
      in the world. By contrast, men are pussycats.
      Also, who is the Louisville fan posing as UK fan running for governor? Heiner?
      Plus, this is great weather for Murray to visit.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:45 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

RandyB – Comer is the Louisville fan. The dude wore a UK tie and chose Cal over Pitino on the KSR debate. Don’t get me wrong, he’s right. I just can’t trust a guy that does that just to tell people what they want to hear.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:46 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

Realme – You’re a sweetheart. The world needs more women like you. All seriousness. I get tired of the catty women I’m around daily.

7. Realme
    10:23 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

It’s been great having KSR not talk about that game all month. I’ve turned off Leach and Sunday Morning Sports talk in the last week because they started talking about the final minutes of it, and I just don’t want to hear it.

8. JD-UK
    10:26 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

Neville Blakemore sounds like a lacrosse bro

9. Realme
    10:32 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

Oh for Pete’s sake. My office is 9 women and one man. No one ever makes anyone else cry. No one acts catty. No one is competing (not sure what we’re supposed to be competing for) with each other. We act like the adults we are, and make a really strong team. And now I am seriously done. People obviously aren’t open to possibilities that don’t fit their preconceptions.

• Strohs Before Hoes
      10:36 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

Do you work at a tanning salon Realme?

• J-Dub421
      10:45 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

It may depend on one’s profession. I have worked in mixed offices with about half and half men and women. On the whole there have been more men who have caused issues by being domineering and thinking they’re too good to do certain things. Of course there have been a few witches among the women too. On the whole, most of the women are very nice and team players who help each other out. Assuming all women are catty and nasty is just silly.

• inside info2
      11:24 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

I have worked for 5 different companies of varying sizes. In 4 out of 5 of them, the majority of the drama came from the women. Women are insecure creatures that remind me of crabs trying to get out of a bucket–if one of them gets close to the top to escape, 2-3 other crabs will pull them back to the bottom. If women’s insecurities ever stop then men are in trouble. Women could rule the world. However I doubt we ever have to worry about that.

• J-Dub421
      11:32 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

That’s because men have stacked the deck against us for all of recorded history.

• Realme
      11:40 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

Uh Oh J-Dub. If we’re both women we better start hissing and meowing at each other and competing for the attention of the menfolk. No more getting along for us.

• J-Dub421
      11:43 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

Lol, I went with a gender neutral name because I’ve had bad experiences in the past with guys on message boards. I got tired of dealing with it. I figured most people would just assume I was a guy, and let them.

• ukjaybrat
      11:50 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

tbh, i had no idea either of you were women lol. i guess i never think about the gender of other posters.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:53 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

LOL – count me in the group thinking you two were dudes. Always fun getting that surprise! I don’t really think about gender either on message boards.

• Realme
      11:55 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

Same. People always assume I’m a guy, and I’m guilty of assuming that about J-Dub. Glad to know I’m not the only female regular poster here.

10. Kyle
    10:39 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

RENOVATE the Towers. I lived there and met my wife there. I don’t want to think about them being torn down.

11. Big Curt
    10:46 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

Wow! It’s been a while since we’ve had a nerd fight on the show thread. lol
    Maybe they’ll actually look at the show thread today……… hahaha
    nah, probably not. 😉

• Laker Cat 18
      10:53 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

Nerd fights are more prevalent on election days. Gets the political blood flowing.

12. Laker Cat 18
    10:52 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

How does Murray react to the fact this is Tyler Ulis’ team? What is Swanigan commits? Who doesn’t make the starting 5?

Ulis
    Murray
    Briscoe
    Poythress
    Skal

• J-Dub421
      11:12 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

At this point after all the hoopla and insanity, I’m kind of glad Swanigan is going elsewhere. I’m sure he’s very talented, but seems like he could be more trouble than he’s worth.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:14 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

In the words of Eric Church, “It’s over when it’s over.” We still have 24 hours for him to change his mind again.

• J-Dub421
      11:33 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

I’d rather have Jamal Murray, he fills more of a need for us.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:54 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

You got that right! We have size and defense inside, need more scorers.

13. Laker Cat 18
    10:55 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

Dakota Meyer is from Adair County (Columbia).

Rumor has it he got married back in 2008 or 2009 and didn’t officially get divorced from that union. That’s what stirred this pot.

14. J-Dub421
    11:10 am May 19, 2015 Permalink

So the geeker report guy is super important in his own mind.