Talking about UK Hoops and Buckhorn mullets (Thursday Show Thread)

Good morning, and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Matt and Ryan will recap Matthew Mitchell’s media rounds yesterday and Matt’s trip to Buckhorn High School for their awards banquet. Plus, much, much more.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

46 Comments for Talking about UK Hoops and Buckhorn mullets (Thursday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:49 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

I feel like there is more going on with the Hoops team, hopefully nobody else will leave the team.

What was Tony doing yesterday in a hospital gown??

12:13 pm April 28, 2016 Permalink

Hey there’s one !

12:24 pm April 28, 2016 Permalink

ugh, meant to reply to myself on 2

2. ukjaybrat
    9:54 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

i’m still not sure what to feel about yesterday. I certainly want to be optimistic, but stability breeds winning and high velocity turnover breeds stagnation. I just can’t imagine a scenario where all this change will lead to a winning attitude for next year’s team. hopefully I’m wrong and we just lost all the bad attitude.

• Charleston Cat
      9:56 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

You’re such a homer. 😉

9:58 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

If by homer you mean a big fan… sure… you have a problem with that?

9:59 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

This IS a fans website after all

• Charleston Cat
      10:02 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

It was a stab at the trolls who linger on here every day and spend their time trying to convince us of all the reasons we should be critical of everything.

• UK_JB
      10:02 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

UK Homers are welcomed.

10:04 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

my sarcasm filter is not on point today :/

• Charleston Cat
      10:04 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

No worries. Hahah

• UK Big Board Update
      10:14 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

Those people are the worst. I’ll never understand why they seem to enjoy wallowing in misery. Its the same as going to a music concert – let’s say The Eagles – and after they finish performing “Hotel California”, the cats paw/Larry Pratt/symphonists of the world remind everyone around them that Don Henley is difficult to work with, Joe Walsh is severely overrated as a guitarist, and they are all way overpaid. Dude, nobody cares, and nobody wants to hear it.

• RealCatsFan
      10:34 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

It’s the same personality type who calls in and listens to political talk radio. Some people are simply not feeling right if they don’t have something to bitch about.

• Careful RCF…you’re stepping on my toes. 😉

11:21 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

anybody notice that it’s almost always the people with super negative stuff to say that are the ones logging in with multiple accounts and changing their names every day…

• RealCatsFan
      11:30 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

Sorry CG, guess I have big feet. 😉

• Larry Pratt
      12:08 pm April 28, 2016 Permalink

Yes, isn’t it the worst when someone maybe sees something a different way? We should all just think alike and talk alike. Because if you don’t, you’re a troll. And negative. Oh my god!!!!!!

3. Laker Cat 18
    10:11 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

It’s hard not to worry about the status of the women’s program. I have faith in Coach Mitchell to right the ship.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:29 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

Every time we tow the boat down to Lake Cumberland, Dale Hollow, or Norris Lake, I am reminded about how lucky we are to live in such a beautiful part of the country.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:31 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

I live literally 2 miles from Lake Cumberland. Very beautiful down here.

• RealCatsFan
      10:34 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

I’m envious, Laker Cat. Is that where your username comes from? I thought maybe you lived in the LA area. 😀

• Laker Cat 18
      10:36 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

Yes! From Russell County (Lakers), currently live in Somerset. Technically, I’m a Maroon now. I just don’t think “Maroon Cat 18” has a very nice ring to it.

10:38 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

I’ve got a friend with a cabin on taylorsville lake. I wish we could go visit more often. but usually just a couple times a year

• RealCatsFan
      11:25 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

We got out on our boat a total of 3 times last year. Sometimes I wonder why I still have it. I thought life would get easier when the kids got out of diapers and could feed themselves. Wrong! Now we are busier than ever.

11:35 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

NOOOO ! – I’m still sitting here with a 20m girl and a 13m puppy. I’ve always imagined how life would get easier when at least one of them can feed herself. don’t ruin it for me

• RealCatsFan
      11:45 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

Jay, it will be fine if you never give in and let her have a cell phone. Oh yeah, stay away from club volleyball (all club sports, for that matter). A friend of mine raised two boys and I don’t think either one of them did any sports at all until they got to high school. He just kept them out on the boat with him every weekend. Even bought them their own little boat when they turned 13.

Seriously, enjoy the ride with your little girl. She will have your heart on a string in very short order, if she does not already. 🙂 (BTW, the puppy is going to be WAY less trouble!)

11:52 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

“Seriously, enjoy the ride with your little girl. She will have your heart on a string in very short order, if she does not already.”
      – yup ! 🙂

“(BTW, the puppy is going to be WAY less trouble!)”
      – actually believe if or not, we have been blessed with a very easy going baby. She is very well-behaved, listens very well, learns really quickly. there’s nothing bad about her.
      and the dog is just a normal dog. so far, the dog has been more work.

11:53 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

now when the teenage years get here, i am fully prepared for the fact i’m either going to go grey or bald overnight

5. Was that Fake Lou Holtz?

6. JoeMoney333
    10:46 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

1800FLOWER and Sherries Berries stuff would be great if it weren’t for the $20 shipping and handling they tack on at the end. SURPRISE!

• Laker Cat 18
      10:48 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

Yep. Ordered some yesterday. $39.99…get to check-out and it’s $68 and that’s WITH 20% off. I did it anyway because I was desperate.

11:00 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

same thing with omaha steaks. think it was only 15-16 shipping. dont remeber exactly. that’s how they GET ya with these premium services. it’s almost always cheaper to just go to a butcher or florist in your neck of the woods and get whatever they have on sale (but dont’ tell matt i said that)

• PuppArena
      11:19 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

They get a certain % when you use their code. the 20% off is a fluke when they add on to shipping..bunch of promo codes for different sites do that unforunately 🙁

• RealCatsFan
      11:27 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

A lot of online businesses pad their profits with “shipping and handling” charges. That always pisses me off. Just sell it for what you want to get for it, and stop gouging us with the extra “services”. They do this to make it harder for you to shop prices.

11:36 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

that and by the time most people figure out how much shipping and handling is, they’ve already entered their card info and really just have to hit “order now” so they just say screw it and buy it.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:48 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

I think they charged me $14.99 for shipping and another $2.99 for “handling.”

7. John Short laughing should be the Wendy’s COTD. That was great!

8. Prayers for Ed Davender.

• RealCatsFan
      11:28 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

Yep, very sad news. 🙁 I turned 50 last year, and never really thought about my own mortality until now. It seems like I hear about someone my age dropping dead about every other day now. I’m sure it will get worse!

9. PuppArena
    11:18 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

NFL draft is going to be a good one tonight imo

10. Laker Cat 18
    11:20 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

Preston LeMaster committed similar offenses as Davender and only got a slap on the wrist. With that said, here’s to hoping Ed can have a successful recovery. Prayers to the former Cat.

11. PuppArena
    11:25 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

People that dont take their hats off during the national ceremony..thats the worst

12. RealCatsFan
    11:41 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

I could think of quite a few people I could say that about. Bin Laden and his ilk come to mind.

13. JoeMoney333
    11:42 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

I mean let’s be honest, John Boehner probably isn’t wrong.

14. PuppArena
    11:53 am April 28, 2016 Permalink

Bringing alcohol into CWS is one of the easiest things in the world

• CPACAT
      3:20 pm April 28, 2016 Permalink

You mean it’s against the rules to bring a flask into CWS??? Who knew??