Tacko Fall makes Julius Randle look small

@OfficialJMVB

Elhadji Tacko Fall is the tallest player in high school basketball and he posed with Julius Randle recently to prove that he is every bit of the seven feet, five inches he claims in your program. Fall, originally from Senegal, is already taller than everyone in the NBA and doctors say he is still growing.

But the most interesting Tacko fact is he is a 4.0 student at Liberty Christian Prep outside of Orlando and he hopes to be a biochemist if the NBA doesn’t come calling.

ESPN ranks him as the No. 13 center in the 2015 class. His only confirmed offer is from La Salle.

We’re going to need a bigger gym door:

tack-fall

Article written by Drew Franklin

13 Comments for Tacko Fall makes Julius Randle look small

1. Tennessee Wildcat
    4:17 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

Does Tacko fall become Drew Franklin’s favorite player? Some great names out there in high school, including Diamond Stone.

2. Mike
    4:22 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

Saw him in the stands at the MAIT at Montverde Academy. Kid is enormous.

3. bosshog
    4:47 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

He sounds like a wonderful kid and I’m happy for him. But as a basketball player I think he’s very likely destined to be a bust. The list of guys over 7’1″ who have great, or even decent, NBA careers is short; and the list of busts is pretty long. These guys are too prone to injury, too fragile at those crazy heights to hold up to the daily grind. They may perform well for a while like Yao Ming, but they inevitably succumb to injury. So, I’m glad he’s a great student with lofty goals.

• Han
      5:16 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

Most guys taller than Shaq end up with knee, leg or foot injuries. That kid with UNC-Ashville a few years back had part of his foot amputated. A lot of the rest of them run really awkwardly (like Shagari).

Good luck to him, though. If he stays healthy and is fit, he’ll get a lot more offers in the next couple years.

4. Phligm
    4:47 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

Biochemist or NBA…yeah, those were my final 2 career choices, too.

5. @coyotevomit
    5:29 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

He could always get in the SPARTAN program #Halo

6. TheRealLinda
    5:54 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

He sounds like a really wonderful kid. I don’t know how to get in touch with him, but when ever I see someone this tall the first thing I think of is Marfan’s Syndrome. The thickness of the eyeglasses really concerns me. It is life threatening if it is not caught in time, his doctors may not know anything about Marfan’s. I have found that to be a problem. My oldest son has it and two doctors did not pay attention to me when I mentioned it. He was diagnosed by his eye doctor 17 years ago. I hope he has been checked. God bless him, he has his head on straight. This is the mother in me concern…

• Crazy
      7:07 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

Yea, his doctors probably don’t know about a disease…. His doctors. But you, not a doctor, do.
      Again…. The doctors of this child don’t know about a potential disease that would cause him to be what he is…. But a random lady on a comments section knows.

• Blue
      8:22 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

It’s not some random lady. It’s TheRealLinda.

• Crazy, if you had ever watched the show “Mystery Diagnosis” you wouldn’t say this. Lots of docs misdiagnose ppl, and this isn’t the most wel known disease in the world.

• Seymour
      10:41 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

CRAZY, I hope that you do not really believe what you just said. Doctors are human and do not have infinite knowledge of human diseases. I know my body and its maladies better than the doctors who are treating me. Granted that they know more about being doctors, but there is no way for them to spend the time that I spend studying the afflictions that I am burdened with.

The Real Linda said that she has a son with the disorder. My guess is that she has spent quite a bit of time learning the ins and outs of his malady. She would be in tune with its symptoms.

7. JBCat
    11:54 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

Crazy–

Why be a douchebag? Dr.s miss diagnoses all the time. People with personal experience with rare conditions may be a little more attentive or alert to signs or symptoms that a random Dr. may not be. It’s not that far-fetched. Besides, she posted a seemingly caring message about a stranger that didn’t pretend to be correct, only that there MAY have been an over sight. What is wrong with that? Nothing.