Let’s just get right to it. Here are some links to start out your day:
- First let’s begin with this. Lots of light and thoughts are sent to the family of Auburn freshman football player Jakeell Mitchell who was shot and killed this morning near the Auburn campus. Not a lot of information is out yet, but the shooting happened at the same complex where DeMario Pitts and former Auburn football players Ed Christian and Ladarious Phillips were killed in 2012.
- Hawaii native Marcus Mariota won the Heisman last night. He started his college career with just a few offers and was only a 3-star recruit, but Oregon helped turn him into one of the best players in college history. Mariota received twice as many points as second-place Melvin Gordon and received the second-highest percentage of possible points in Heisman history with 90.92%.
- Here is a breakdown of what happened in the Top 25 yesterday. Lots of interesting stuff happened across the field.
- This paper says Kentucky forced UNC to face a tough reality that had little to do with toughness. That kind of made me laugh. Losing to the clear #1 team in the nation isn’t anything to be upset about. Now losing to Iowa at home….that’s something to make you face reality.
- The No. UK women’s basketball team will host the Belmont Bruins today at 6 in Memorial Coliseum. The Cats are looking to keep its eight-game home winning streak alive. Kentucky (9-1) is coming off a hard-fought 78-62 win over Middle Tennessee Frida. Despite a season-high 28 turnovers, the Wildcats had one of their better shooting nights, hitting 48.4 percent from the field (30-of-62) and 72.2 percent from the free throw line (13-of-18).
- Willie is playing like an All-American? I hadn’t noticed……Okay, I couldn’t even type that with a straight face. I expected Willie to be good this season, but what he is bringing to the court is amazing. Cauley-Stein is leading the team in several fields like 10.7 points per game, 6.8 rebounds pg and steals with 19.. He has been showing off his freakish athletic ability to the full extent and I am loving every second of it.