Stoops’ contract and Coach K’s copying ways (Wednesday Show Thread)

USATSI
usatsi_9532567_154849602_lowres

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Matt, Ryan, and Drew will discuss Mark Stoops’ contract, Coach K’s blatant copying of John Calipari’s Pro Days, and, according to Matt’s tweet, the medical records of the crew. Tune in to find out what he means by that.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

60 Comments for Stoops’ contract and Coach K’s copying ways (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. Sentient Third Eye
    9:45 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

I diss Coach K as much as the next guy, but why complain about him copying Cal? He’d be an idiot not to, and he’s one of only a handful who are even capable of TRYING to copy Cal.

2. Laker Cat 18
    10:08 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

Let’s just act like Cal coaching the Dominican team wasn’t copying Coach K coaching the USA team.

• ukjaybrat
      10:11 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

yes and no. lets not pretend coaching the domincan national team has the same perks as coaching team usa

• Realme
      10:14 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

Coaching an Olympic team isn’t a new and creative idea. It’s something many college coaches would aspire to do. Holding a pre-season pro day was a creative idea that Cal was judged for, that K will be praised for, as if he thought of it himself instead of blatantly copying.

• Realme
      10:20 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

*just like one and done recruiting and platooning.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:27 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

Why does it not have the same perks? It reeled in KAT. Smaller scale, of course, but serves the same purpose. Cal and K are the two best in the game today. K definitely copied the Pro Day, but Cal definitely coached the Dominican team for recruiting purposes, the same reason K does it.

• Realme
      10:29 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

I didn’t say anything about perks, I am disagreeing with the comparison of the “copying”. One is ripping off new ideas, the other is not.

• BluKudzu
      10:31 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

Lemmings like you two need to stay off the net and stick to your daily routine of only eat, sleep and deficate. Your crtical thoughts of otherโ€™s opinions make you look more ignorant than you are capable of actually being.
      Try not to think on your own too much, because your head will explode.
      You guys are the miserable fans, I just call it like I see it, based on the evidence provided thus far. So, stop crying when someone has an opinion which differs than yours.

• Realme
      10:33 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

Go away blukudzu. The grownups are having a rational conversation here.

• ukjaybrat
      10:33 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

you are agreeing to my point while arguing it.

Yes they both offer recruiting advantages but I would argue K has landed more recruits with team USA than Cal got with DNT. That’s like saying both employees got a bonus for Christmas, but one got a $50 gift card to Applebees and the other got a company car. The two advatanges are on a different level. that’s what i meant.

• BluKudzu
      10:35 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

If ignorance ever goes up to being worth $2.00 a barrel, I would love having drilling rights to the heads of ukjaybrat, Realme, JayDub, ukbigboard udate, and the rest of you lemmings. I would be wealthy the very first day.

• ukjaybrat
      10:41 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

and BluKudzu can go eat a bag of [candy bought for eliot] (except not just the candy of course). two people are allowed to have different opinions. that fact that you somehow think i am a miserable person just because i disagree with something someone said on the internet is just plain stupid.

I on the other hand have seen you logged in as several different people over the last year basically trolling anyone with an opinion on anything. so maybe you need to take a dose of your own advice and just shut the hell up.

but hey… “I just call it like I see it”

• J-Dub421
      10:41 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

Hey, BCG’s Bar Tab, stop stealing Blukudzu’s screen name you ignorant troll and keep my name out of your mouth fool.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:42 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

ukjb – K has landed more recruits than Cal got with the DNT, as he should. He has been affiliated with team USA since 1979. Cal did it once in 2012. I would say the quantity of recruits would correlate. We like to act like we are the Holy Grail and Cal is Jesus. If that were the case, we’d won more championships than we have in the past 6 years while having the best team in the nation coming into the tournament at least 3 of those.

• RealCatsFan
      10:46 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

BluKudzu, did someone piss in your cheerios this morning, or do you always have this remarkable sunny-side-up disposition?

• BluKudzu
      10:48 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

I have a micropenis. ๐Ÿ™

• ukjaybrat
      10:51 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

also of note:
      there is a real BluKudzu
      and a fake BluKudzu logged in as BCGS Bar Tab <– this is the idiot we are talking to today

• BluKudzu
      10:55 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

• J-Dub421
      10:57 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

FakeKudzu, is there some particular reason you posted that thread directed at me? I didn’t post in that thread yesterday. All that shows me is that you have way too much time on your hands and need a hobby other than trolling. Also, that you love to copy and paste.

• BluKudzu
      10:59 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

So you like BluKudzu?

• BluKudzu
      11:02 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

I insult people who support the football team!

• J-Dub421
      11:02 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

2 real, 1 was you. Either way he didn’t mention me as I was not a part of the discussion. You copied, pasted, then altered someone else’s words. Come up with your own original posts.

• Realme
      11:04 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

I miss that troll that used to steal people’s screen names, but would be funny about it. Seems like nowadays we only get really boring trolls that don’t bring anything interesting or worthwhile to the table. It’s amazing someone who isn’t even good at trolling would dedicate so much time and effort.

• ukjaybrat
      11:08 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

yeah if you’re going to dedicate to something at least do it right.

“I insult people who support the football team!”
      No one is insulted by you. we know you’re just a miserable person that wants to bring everyone else down to their level.

• Realme
      11:09 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

I’m suddenly seized by the desire to troll Cats Paw by using his name but saying things that make sense. Kind of a reverse-troll troll.

• ukjaybrat
      11:11 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

i’d be lying if i said i never did that to trolls. but i like to save it for the real pain-in-the-asses. cats paw is just so ridiculous it makes me laugh most of the time.

• Realme
      11:16 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

I’m too lazy to go to the trouble of changing back and forth, but it would be funny to do it and just say reasonable, pro UK things.

• Billy Hill
      10:24 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

Aaaayyyyyy! My impostor is back!

Anyone know what FIFO stands for? ๐Ÿ˜‰

• The very last 2 comments on that post are telling.

Also, it looks like Mitch was only right on 2 of the 3 when he said “From leading a group of young men to recruiting to fundraising, Mark has embraced and excelled…”.

• Let me qualify: Stoops may be great at leading young men in some ways, but it still remains to be seen if that is on the field and not just off the field.

• Billy Hill
      11:27 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

LIFO?

• Billy Hill
      11:31 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

FIFO

• Billy Hill
      11:32 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

F***ing
      Idiot
      From
      Ohio

• Billy Hill
      1:38 pm September 14, 2016 Permalink

We use letters representing words because spelling isn’t a thing in Kentucky.

• Billy Hill
      1:43 pm September 14, 2016 Permalink

^ Buckeye logic, ladies and gentlemen…. wow.

3. Realme
    10:17 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

Mitch makes a point of saying he doesn’t want to keep a coach that doesn’t want to be here, so he never gives the coach a buyout. Has happened several times.

4. NKBlue
    10:20 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

The first line on Matt’s medical record…patient has a distinct nose whistle.

5. Did ya’ll see the post last night with how much money Charlie Weis made off Notre Dame and Kansas with his buyouts? Wow! 25 million!

6. RealCatsFan
    10:24 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

There was talk about a standardized national medical record database way back in 1989 when I started working in the IT industry for Humana. Never happened, never will.

• ukjaybrat
      10:43 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

the privacy issues alont would be a nightmare. not to mention the logistics of it all

7. RealCatsFan
    10:26 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

Brainfart is an absolute joke as an AD. Not quite as bad as the fiasco over at UofL with balogna head and his foundation, but Barney has demonstrated a level of ineptness that will likely not be equaled. Can we start looking for a new AD while we are waiting for Stoops’ contract to play out?

8. That caller? I would be over the moon if we could just compete for the SEC once every 10 years in football.

9. RealCatsFan
    10:28 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

Crap. Off to a meeting, and won’t be able to sneak listening to KSR on my earbud. Hold the fort down while I’m gone. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Grow your hair long and wear those little insertable Bluetooth earbuds they make now! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Realme
      10:31 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

RCF can be the first person happy about the wireless earbuds!

• I was in high school in the late 70’s, and I knew a guy who had the old AM transistor radio in his pocket. He ran the old white single earphone cord up the inside back of his leather jacket, up the back of his neck and around his ear and the teacher couldn’t see it because of his long hair.

Ahhh, the days of transistor radios and 70’s hair!!! Who needs $150 Apple Air Pods? (or whatever they’re called)

10. RealCatsFan
    11:14 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

Look for Coach K to put out a video of himself dancing to “Hey Soul Sister” in three, two, one…

11. J-Dub421
    11:30 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

Matt is a bit old (Drew too really) to be perving on college age girls.

• Realme
      11:33 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

Yeah, it’s gross. Don’t forget Ryan and his love of Hooters waitresses.

12. cats paw
    11:34 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

i cant believe the hypocritical sinners on this site that support 3 middle age men giggling and gawking over the skimpy clothes that 18 yr old girls of the SEC are wearing! lets just talk about Petrino and Briles behavior and pretend we are better….

• cats paw
      11:41 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

Just be gay like me…

• J-Dub421
      11:41 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

See my comment above. ^^

• ukjaybrat
      11:42 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

bc covering up rape is totally the same thing. sometimes i can’t tell if you’re really a troll or if you’re just a parody account bc you say the dumbest stuff.

• Billy Hill
      11:43 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

God DAMN cats paw is an idiot!!!!!

• J-Dub421
      11:43 am September 14, 2016 Permalink

Also see all the old men in the KSR comments sections of any article with photos of co-eds commenting on the hotness of girls young enough to be their daughters or grand-daughters. Gross.

13. BluKudzu
    12:10 pm September 14, 2016 Permalink

Can’t stop them from stealing my name and posting. Read what you want. They are just without any capability to deal with those who do not think like them. They would do well in Jonestown.

• Billy Hill
      2:23 pm September 14, 2016 Permalink

To be fair, you DID say those things on another post. You aren’t above reproach.

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      2:27 pm September 14, 2016 Permalink

Billy, note from the moderator: You will be banned if you keep using that URL on your profile. I’ve removed it on several recent posts, but going forward, choose something else.