STOOOOOOOOPS! (Monday Show Thread)

Good morning, Wildcat fans, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Boy, do we have a show for you. At 11 a.m., MARK STOOPS will call in to discuss the best of practices and the worst of practices and how his team is doing less than two weeks before the season opener.

Matt and Ryan will also discuss Markelle Fultz’s commitment to Washington and that little story in the Herald Leader about Democratic leaders calling for Matt to run in next year’s 6th Congressional District race. I know you’ll want to tune in for that.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

41 Comments for STOOOOOOOOPS! (Monday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:46 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

STOOPS!!

So uncle Matt taking on Andy Barr? Hmmm… well if you did, I hope you still could do your show!

From a past post, I thought Tim Couch lived off of Delong Road. Apparently it’s a road off of Delong. Saw some people hating on me… I thought I was driving by his house daily. I guess not. Facts are optional lol.

2. Ryan
    9:59 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Matt….If you do run against Andy Barr here is your list of campaign managers you should consider.

1. Kentucky Joe
    2. Ryan Lemond
    3. “The Truth”
    4. Fake Barney

• CATandMONKEY
      10:01 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Tomlin as official speech writer and campaign spokesman.

• UK_JB
      10:04 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

I think we need to add Sue Wylie in there somewhere too.

3. Andy
    10:03 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

I’ve never played one down of real football in my life, but Stoops has a way of making me want to put on pads and run through a wall. Love his intensity.

4. doc
    10:04 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

So how quickly does Matt announce that he’s not running? Immediately or does he tell a story first about how he was first contacted?

5. Realme
    10:04 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

I think it’s funny that the Democrats think Matt’s sports following would carry over into a political following. They should definitely take a look at Twitter / KSR comments section when Matt even comes close to saying something politics related. Maybe he could be Cal’s governor running mate in a decade or so. The 2 of them together might be able to convert some Republicans.

• Basteballer
      10:30 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

I think this is actually a legitimate point. Matt’s popularity extends to his support for UK and bringing us the information/discussion about all things Kentucky. But politics is a “whole ‘nother ballgame.” I think he would quickly find himself very lonely.

I do like Matt and I totally “get” why this appeals to his ego. But I don’t think it’s realistic.

Also, there is no “Stony” Hoyer. It’s “Steny.”

Just sayin’…

• Bluemanchew
      2:01 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

The only ones that would follow would be low information voters, which wouldn’t be a lot. What would happen is he would lose over half his listening audience. What we don’t need is another congressman that doesn’t represent what ky voters want. And that’s what Matt would be, just like yarmouth (kermit de frog) wouldn’t represent ky values.

6. L
    10:05 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Need to have Mrs. Tyler Thompson helping you Matt if you decide to run for office.

7. J-Dub421
    10:10 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Are Washington’s games even televised?

8. Matt think’s he’s not partisan? Yeah, whatever.

9. houndstooth
    10:21 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Everyone goes in thinking they can make a difference in politics. once they get in- they can’t make a differnce because of the status quo.

10. Realme
    10:23 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

If this show ended, or went on without Matt, I would be so depressed. But he sounds like he will have a hard time passing up this opportunity.

11. houndstooth
    10:24 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Matt you can’t be on the radio more than the person you are running against.

12. Flip side
    10:24 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

People involved in politics are there for one reason. Arrogance and the false notion that they’re smarter than the population. Much like lawyers…oh wait! They are there to carry out the will of the PEOPLE, not enforce their own will on the people!

13. hater
    10:34 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

I saw Matt’s girlfriend looking at horse farms in the 6th District.

• houndstooth
      10:37 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

awesome- that’s is too funny

14. houndstooth
    10:35 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Matt is for everyone except one tooth women on crack

15. Wow
    10:41 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Matt u will get crushed, best advice DO NOT SEEK the treasure. 😉 this will be like the Kentucky Headhunters they were rolling then fell out & quit during the height of their popularity same will happen with KSR, so question is why do it? 😱

16. somerset bill
    10:44 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

fultz want that peeeteee, baybeeee.

17. somerset bill
    10:45 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

haha. let me say to matt, “no reason to go to washington!”

18. Lisa
    10:45 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

I think you would be a great candidate and could beat him, however finding a replacement for the radio show would be very hard.

19. The Sixth Man
    10:46 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Matt…..Washington did win a National Title in “The Sixth Man” with Travis Ford on their team and they beat Kentucky!!!

20. Chuck Norris can’t sing either but he did the theme for Walker Texas Ranger. Of course he talked/rapped more than he sang.

21. J-Dub421
    10:53 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Washington hasn’t made the NCAA Tournament since 2011. I just looked it up. They didn’t even make the NIT the last 2 seasons. That’s how bad Washington is.

22. CatFanDu
    10:57 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Matt, listen to me. Look at me, I have something to tell you.
    YOU’RE NOT GOING TO WIN. Stay at home, we love you and KY needs you here.
    Joking aside, Washington already has to many clueless liberals. Wit until you get married, have some kids and become a conservative. John Short RULES!

• Bluemanchew
      2:04 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

That’s exactly what happens when you grow up and join the adult world.

23. houndstooth
    10:58 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Ask coach stoops Why didn’t they use glow in the dark footballs saturday night?

24. Options are Factual
    11:00 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Hmmmm…… KSR is steamrolling along and suddenly the wheels fall off and Matt jumps into politics and goes down (hard) to Andy Barr. KSR is Matt’s baby. He’ll milk this courting from the dems for the ego rush for a while but if he could walk away from KSR then I think he’d lose most of the BBN that put up with his political views because of KSR.

• I’m not a fan of Matt’s politics but when did the wheels fall off KSR? If hits are down, I would imagine it’s temporary. It’s summer and news is slow, but it’ll pick back up when football starts.

• Basteballer
      12:52 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

I think I agree with this analysis, if not the undertones.

• Basteballer
      12:53 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

I think he’s projecting that the wheels will fall off KSR if Matt leaves.

• Options are Factual
      2:07 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

Yes, Chris and Basteballer, KSR is going great right now. New contracts, all-time high followers and a BBN that sticks with Matt because it’s about UK sports and not politics. I believe KSR is KSR because of Matt with all due respect to Ryan, Shannon, Drew, Tyler, BTI and the rest. He would have to go on hiatus if he ran against Barr. That’s when I believe the wheels would fall off. Just my opinion…

25. UKBlue
    11:14 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

The saying when your enemy making mistakes don’t interrupt him; Tom Jurich & UL fans would love for this to happen more than anything. Nothing against Matt; a lot of so called fans listen to hear about stuff involving UK, let him run & see how many of those so called KSR fans aren’t really fans of Matt. Matt can do whatever he wants; him running for Congress would be a nightmare.

26. J-Dub421
    11:19 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Stoops sounds like he’s still kind of fired up. 🙂

27. Changy
    11:46 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Matt,

Don’t consult with Grimes, or even her consultants if you’re considering running. That campaign was a paranoid train wreck that has carried over to the SOS.

28. Laker Cat 18
    11:47 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Maybe Pulaski schools should recruit this guy to be the next superintendent. He sounds like he would have supported field turf for our athletic programs.

29. bluetothebone
    1:08 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

Listener and caller from way back before KSR, but no way I’m voting for you Matt…I wouldn’t vote for my brother if he ran on an Obama agenda

30. Political Stu
    1:27 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

Just because one can talk about politics does not equate to being able to run an effective campaign. If matt thinks uofl trolls trying to get dirt on him is something, just wait until the republican warchest is opened.

And if matt does this, he will not be able to do the radio show unless andy is his co-host. Must have equal radio time.