Steve Zahn co-hosts the show (Thursday Show Thread)

Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 9.18.20 AM

Matt and Ryan are calling in help from Steve Zahn to co-host today’s show in Lexington. The famous actor/comedian/voice-actor will be on to help the show look ahead to Saturday’s big game.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list 2016 KSR Tour

Article written by Drew Franklin

34 Comments for Steve Zahn co-hosts the show (Thursday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:55 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

IT’S COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON AGAIN!

Ryan’s gut laugh was so funny yesterday, had to go back and listen to that again.

So when is this third hour starting?

Love some Steve! I hope he is back on Modern Family again.

2. Billy Hill
    10:14 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

STILL waiting on cats paw’s score prediction this Saturday……. #alwaysright

• cats paw
      10:31 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

cats paw owns you! if you’re that obsessed, you’re a fan biaatch! lol

• UKBlueGreen
      11:26 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

Hill Billy is a troll.

• ukjaybrat
      11:46 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

… cats paw is a bigger troll

• You only have to rub the lamp one time for Card Claw to come out of the woodwork! 😉

• RealCatsFan
      11:59 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

CG, I get the feeling that CP spends a lot of time in mom’s basement rubbing the, ahem, “lamp”.

• Billy Hill
      7:18 pm September 1, 2016 Permalink

I guess that makes you a fan of KSR, Matt Jones, all of the commenters on here, BBN, and everything that goes with it, then. UK owns YOU, biaaaaatch.

3. ukjaybrat
    10:14 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

“IT’S COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON AGAIN!”

Thank god. i like baseball. but around this time of year i get a little burned out until playoffs start.

4. CATandMONKEY
    10:18 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

Wife and I have loved Steve since “Reality…” The kids now know him from the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movies. Cool to know he is such a UK football fan.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:29 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

“I did not have sex with the woman.”

Hmmm, where have I heard that before? 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      11:15 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

Let me guess; one of the Lying Clintons.

• RealCatsFan
      11:58 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

RG, they are all liars, including Trump. Hell, he might be the most blatant liar of all – look at his flip flop back and forth with the Mexican immigration thing. You are right, the Clintons are unabashed liars. Problem is, it seems to be a prerequisite for members of either major party. I hate to say it, but Carter was quite possibly the last honest and decent human being in the WH, and his term was a disaster – although in retrospect it is hard to say how much the president can really affect the tidal ups and downs of the economy. Time to vote for someone – anyone – who is not a dem or repub.

• runningunnin.454
      12:26 pm September 1, 2016 Permalink

RCF: you are correct; however, vote for Gary Johnson or any 3rd party candidate and you lose your vote. Of course, KY and the other fly over states will have little influence on the outcome; the country is ruled by the North, the East, and the West.
      Yes, we will have a Liar in Chief and LOTUS. But might as well take another tack; career politicians are ruining the country.

• RealCatsFan
      12:44 pm September 1, 2016 Permalink

RG, therein lies the problem. They are counting on everyone to think that way. If everyone continues to vote with the major parties out of fear of “losing their vote”, it will be more of the same. Be brave and send a message by voting fir a third party candidate. Otherwise, don’t complain when we elect another crooked clown abd the country continues on the same course of nothing getting done.

6. UKBlueGreen
    10:30 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

Possibly the best “Y” at a basketball game.

7. Realme
    10:40 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

Oh gag. The worst thing about famous guests is the boring morons who have to call in and name drop the time they met someone who knew them once.

8. Charles
    10:43 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

Joy Ride is an awesome thriller!

9. J-Dub421
    10:56 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

Zahn seems like a nice, down-to-earth kind of guy.

10. uklumpy
    11:03 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

I asked for a story or an anecdote about a musician that I have listened to for 20 years. That hardly qualifies me as a boring or a moron. With that, I ask what’s more childish, using teen valley-girl slang like “Oh gag” or name calling for something so trite?

• Realme
      11:11 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

I’ll apologize for the moron part, that’s more of a generalization for all the callers that call in as if they hope to be patted on the back or think they’re impressive for whatever tenuous connection they have to the guest, but not the boring part.

11. catsgirl99
    11:13 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

Best Zahn movie was Riding in Cars with Boys! love everything he does, and my niece and nephew got us hooked on the Wimpy Kid movies!! I’m so glad you are on our side! a Wildcat fan all the way! love listening to you guys today! thanks KSR for bringing on guest like Steve! Just goes to show you BBN is everywhere!

12. J-Dub421
    11:16 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

Lacrosse violates one of the principle tenets of sports my father taught me: Never play a contact sport in which everyone carries a stick.

13. uklumpy
    11:17 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

Apology accepted. Perhaps if you were a fan of The Pogues, you wouldn’t find the subject matter boring. To each their own. Me, personally, I find run-on sentences boring.

• J-Dub421
      11:21 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

I find it boring and annoying when people don’t know how to use the “reply” button to reply to a comment.

14. So I have a meeting tomorrow and may not be able to chime in (haven’t been able to chime in as much lately anyway), so here’s my main thought about Saturday (and the season):

I think we can go to a bowl but it will definitely take a fortunate bounce or 2 of the ball. I just don’t get the folks who pick us to beat the Gators in the swamp. We blew 2 straight golden opportunities: one while Muschamp was the coach and was horrible, and one last year at home with a raucous crowd but our D couldn’t make a tackle on their juiced QB at the goal line.

My biggest concern is that the defense already had plenty question marks, and losing Meant & West hurts a LOT. Losing Meant especially is huge when taking on SEC O-lines the likes of Bama (not that we have a chance against them, but most SEC O-lines are rough and tough).

That said, I’m BEYOND excited to see what Gran can do with our talented stable of RB’s, what Hinshaw can do with Drew, and to see Westry and company in the secondary.

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. catsgirl99
    11:32 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

listening in MN this morning, where is Steve from? born here and raised here? did he go to school here? thanks! is he happy KAT is on the T-wolves and has he seen a game up here? thanks! love you guys!

• Realme
      11:35 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

The guys don’t read the show thread, unfortunately, but I bet you are over the moon to have Karl up there.

16. RealCatsFan
    11:51 am September 1, 2016 Permalink

Wasn’t it Jim Morrison who sang “I eat more chicken than a man ever seen”?

17. runningunnin.454
    12:29 pm September 1, 2016 Permalink

Zahn is zany……great show!