Steve Romines and TJ Smith guest host (Friday Show Thread)

It’s a special law dog edition of Kentucky Sports Radio with Steve Romines and T.J. “Make ‘Em Pay” Smith filling in for the KSR crew. I mistakenly promoted Laura Rutledge as today’s host on Twitter, so forgive me for broken promises. But these guys will be good, too. Tune in.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Article written by Drew Franklin

69 Comments for Steve Romines and TJ Smith guest host (Friday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:16 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

Morning y’alls. How many weird or awkward interactions do you think Matt has had in Europe so far?

• runningunnin.454
      10:17 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

Every time he opened his mouth.

• Realme
      10:21 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

Croatia: buys a woman a drink, tries to use Ky Joe’s language lesson, says something horribly insulting by accident.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:22 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

beat me to it…was going to say ALL of them.

• Realme
      10:27 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

England: pulls out his horrific attempt at a British accent, gets punched in the face.

• Laughs at someone’s accent/grammar the way he laughs at Ryan’s faux pas and gets decked.

• Realme
      10:35 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

Greece: leaves all but one outfit behind at the hotel. Loses passport and has to use his Twitter profile to prove identity.

• Ridge Runner
      10:54 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

Great stuff!😆

• J-Dub421
      10:55 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

Matt’s country behind should not make fun of anyone’s accent.

• I think the Greece/passport one is the winner so far. J-Dub made me laugh.

• Ridge Runner
      11:13 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

Looks puzzled when Brits all say UK isn’t in a city named Lexington

• J-Dub421
      11:14 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

Over/under on Matt having to call Drew or Ryan because he needs a suit or something Fed-Ex’d to him? I mean, it’s happened before….

• Ridge Runner
      11:18 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

JDub, if a suit has to be sent… hope it’s the 🐎 one he wore.
      I yi yi!!!!!

• J-Dub421
      11:20 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

The purple pimp suit.

• He tells the ticket agent he needs to go to Birmingham. They assume from his accent he meant Alabama and he gets sent home 3 weeks early.

*I actually heard about that happening to someone. I think it was a celebrity. It may have been in the reverse though. BTW, over there they pronounce it “Bir-ming-gum”.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:23 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

UK leads the series with Centre in basketball; but, ouch…Centre leads in football.

• “Your comment is awaiting moderation.”

*sigh* Come on Drew! Help a brother out with his totally innocuous comment!

• Basteballer
      11:23 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

I know the feeling.

• Okay, that comment won’t make it through, so, if you have a chance, look up the story on Centre upsetting Harvard in the 20’s or whenever it was. Great story. To Centre player’s surprise, ppl of Boston were for Centre bc they looked at Harvard as being uppity. Bostonians actually greeted them when they arrived on the train as I recall.

3. “Welcome to ambulance chaser radio! All ambulance chasing, all the time!”

• runningunnin.454
      10:32 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

It was so cold last winter, I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

• What do you have when you have 20 lawyers up to their necks in concrete?

• runningunnin.454
      10:37 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

Not enough concrete.

• runningunnin.454
      10:40 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

What’s the difference between a lawyer and a hooker.
      Hint, answer is not “nothing”.

• Did you hear about the lawyer on vacation whose sailboat capsized in dangerous, shark-infested waters?

He surprised his traveling companions by volunteering to swim to the far-off shore for help. As he swam, his companions were startled by the appearance of two dorsal fins — great white sharks, heading straight toward the lawyer.

To their surprise, the sharks allowed the lawyer to take hold of their fins, and escorted him safely to shore.

When the lawyer returned with help, his companions asked him how he had managed such an incredible feat. The lawyer answered, “Professional courtesy.”

• Ridge Runner
      10:47 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

What’s the difference between a dead skunk lying in the road and a dead lawyer lying in the road?

There are skid marks in front of the skunk.

• You guys are keeping this Friday fun!

• Basteballer
      11:21 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

Looks like someone is averse to criticism… Moderator Person.

4. Realme
    10:31 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

I’m going to admit that there’s a small voice in my head saying “This is KY Football. They’re going to revert back any minute”. Logically that doesn’t make sense, but it’s hard to ever fully believe.

• runningunnin.454
      10:35 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

When I was at UK, all the stores had signs that said “We Believe”. As the season progressed, one smart aleck store owner’s sign said, “We’re beginning to have our doubts”.

• Realme
      10:51 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

🙂

• Ridge Runner
      10:52 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

Runnin’
      Yup, I understand the sign…

5. Ridge Runner
    10:41 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

Nike Peach Jam question Drew, or anyone that may know…
    It starts July 12 – Will any Under 19 guys not attend from the trip back?

6. Charles Hurt was an Army Ranger, not a Seal.

7. J-Dub421
    10:52 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

If you’re not on board with Stephen Johnson, then GET OUT!!

• runningunnin.454
      10:52 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

Earned!

• Realme
      10:54 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

Amen, sister!

• Stoops saw fit to tab him for SEC Media Days, soooooooo…

• J-Dub421
      11:00 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

Remember that sinking feeling when U of L went right out and scored last season? Then remember the elation when Johnson stepped up to the line of scrimmage, smiled cool as the other side of the pillow, said “I love this sh*t,” then threw a deep ball for a touchdown to answer? Me too. Good times. I’m down with Stephen Johnson.

• Ridge Runner
      11:01 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

Besides.. dude would be calm and under control playing in a hurricane.
      😉

• Who knows? Maybe Drew Barker will push him aside and play the whole year like he did in the first half of the opener last year (I do wonder if he could have continued that play if not for the back injury…didn’t that happen in the 2nd half of Southern Miss, or was it at Florida?). Unless and until that happens though, Stephen is the guy, and word to his always unshakably calm demeanor. That will take him far in life.

8. secrick
    11:19 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

Everyone likes the back up Quarterback. Just glad we have options now days and don’t have to bring in a wide receiver .

9. J-Dub421
    11:19 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

I may have wanted BCG gone, but I have NEVER rooted for UK to lose.

• Realme
      11:23 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

I used to read a book during those games (at my house), because I couldn’t not watch, but some of them were so bad.

• J-Dub421
      11:33 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

I still watched the games even though they were painful a lot of times. That was for the players and not BCG. I liked Darius, PPatt, Joe Crawford, Ramel Bradley, and company.

10. Realme
    11:28 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

Long ago “idiot” was a legal designation to get someone committed in Ky.

11. runningunnin.454
    11:38 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

For lawyers, they talk a lot about bar fights; but, today’s show is a lot better than yesterday.

12. Realme
    11:54 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

That judge sounds like Ky Joe if Ky Joe were all there in the head.

• Ridge Runner
      11:58 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

😜

13. J-Dub421
    11:57 am July 7, 2017 Permalink

What UK basketball player would you want with you in a bar fight? I’m going to go with Jamaal Magloire or Demarcus Cousins.

• Ridge Runner
      12:15 pm July 7, 2017 Permalink

Hard to argue with Big Cuz & Magloire.

Honorable mention (in their prime) to..
      Alex Groza
      Charles Hurt
      James Lee

• runningunnin.454
      12:34 pm July 7, 2017 Permalink

Rupp did suit up two football players as walk-ons, Darryl Bishop and Elmore Stephens…I think I would go with them.