Stay in your seat, it’s time for KSR (Tuesday Show Thread)

An Angels fan with no regard for his elderly neighbors made a great one-handed grab on a foul ball last night. We here at Kentucky Sports Radio respect older folk and ask that you remain seated while listening to this morning’s show. Don’t be like him.

Today Matt and Ryan are talking KC Ross-Miller, Joe B. Hall’s comments to KSTV, the future football schedule and being invisible.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WKYH (600 am) Paintsville
WLSI (900 am) Pikeville
WPRT (960 am) Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240 am) Somerset
WTCW (920 am) Whitesburg
WBTH (1400 am) Williamson, WV

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WBGN (1340 am) Bowling Green 11am-1pm
WVHI (1330 am) Evansville, IN 5pm-7pm
WMTL (870 am) Leitchfield 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570 am) Morgantown 3-5 pm
WRIL (106.3 fm) Middlesboro Thur 8-10 pm
WPAD (99.5 fm/1560 am) Paducah 11-1 pm
WHAY (98.3 fm) Whitley City 2-4 pm

Article written by Drew Franklin

167 Comments for Stay in your seat, it’s time for KSR (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    9:56 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I hope Ryan Lemond runs for senate as an Independent in November. If the people who are supposed to win their primaries, actually win, I would totally consider voting for Ryan.

10:05 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Please… could you lie more through your teeth? As an elderly man that has been a lifelong UK fan… I am disgraced by the fact that Cal represents us. we have had some good coaches in our history and cal is just embarrassing. A LOT of coaches know what it takes to win… but cal knows how to win with all the wrong ways. He is a cheater, Plain and simple. The only variables that didn’t change as he moved from school to school was… surprise… HIM. He has more vacated wins than any other coach in history and he has a habit of leaving schools in a flaming heap, wont be long until we are next. All he cares about is getting prominence, wins, and a stepping stone to a better job. since we have such good players this next year he is going to cheat like no other, get a win, and then he is outta here. Just watch. He’ll be in the NBA in the next couple and UK will be left in a situation where we are under NCAA investigations. Mark My Words….

• Bluegrass
      10:10 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

“Lifelong UK fan” my ass

10:15 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I am you dumb blonde. Like in your young life you have any real passion?
      Im more of a UK fan then you could EVER be… I started rooting for the BBN in the 60’s… so get lost kid. If you werent in diapers a decade ago then you would remember something other than the trash that is calipari… I honestly cant wait till we move on to a better more moral coach.

• Bluegrass
      10:18 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

How do you know my age you bitter old fart?

• Bluegrass
      10:19 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Go back and put your red shirt on and root for little brother

• Pity The Old Man
      10:31 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Danger sounds like a sad old man who got loose from the nursing home.

• Bluegrass
      10:33 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I’m impressed he learned how to use a computer. Maybe he just dictated to his nurse

• TheRealDeal
      10:36 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

If I may cut in for a moment while y’all are having your young v. Old discussion… Why in the heck are all UK fans always so paranoid that a Louisville fan is right around the corner all the time? Are you always really so fearful of that better, OLDER program? And for the record… It really is soooo very cute that UK fans call Louisville little brother… Considering the fact that by every fact and statistic, UK is technically the little brother in this state. Sounds like an inferiority complex if I’ve ever seen one.
      UL founded in 1798
      UK founded in 1865
      UL has the most profitable college sports franchise in the country according to Forbes and the most loyal fan base according to Emory sports marketing analytical studies. Not to mention they are a hot commodity right now entering the best conference in the nation and signing the 3rd largest sports attire deal in the entire nation. All of this on top of their rich history as a university and their recent SURGE of success in ALL sports.
      Get a clue…. And for the record, yes I am a fan of all schools in our great state. I just like to make sure facts are straight…

10:39 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

you all should be ashamed of yourselves… I am old yes but can use a computer. you need yo go to church and repent

• Pity The Old Man
      10:39 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Thanks for the information TheRealDeal…..Said no one ever.

10:40 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I bow to my lord and master Satan. All praise to him!

10:41 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

for the record, I am not bitter because I care about the future of our program.. I realize your memories arent that long, but There was a UK before cal you know? he is embarrassing to our rich history. Just cause I dislike the most recent clown in charge doesnt mean im not a real fan. We all hate obama right? doesnt mean we hate america. Cal is immoral and a cheater.. our school will be better when he is gone

• Pity The Old Man
      10:41 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Don’t worry danger, the nurse will be in later to change your diaper.

• Bluegrass
      10:42 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Old man needs to practice what he preaches casting all that judgement on our great coach – judge no man you hypocrite, even if he is 100 years younger than you!

• TheRealDeal
      10:42 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

You don’t like the info cause it is true, perhaps consider moving to reality town?

10:42 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

HAIL SATAN. HAIL SATAN

10:44 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

And explain exactly to me how he is a “great coach” he has left Umass and Memphis in flaming heaps before coming to us? how are we goihng to be any different>

• DrSayre
      10:47 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I didn’t think my comment about Ryan running for the Senate would cause all of this haha

• Come to Reality
      10:47 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

If he left those schools in “flaming heaps” then why has he never been caught or implicated in any wrong doing? Take your hyperbole, assumptions, and dirty diapers somewhere else.

10:50 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Sorry guys I forgot to take my medication this morning and it always makes me grumpy.

I didn’t mean to be rude. I really love Calipari and I LOVE Obama! Sorry, please forgive this old man!

10:51 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Reality,
      If you actually lived where your name suggested. then you would have a clue. HE HAS! HE CURRENTLY HAS MORE NCAA VIOLATIONS AND VACATED WINS THAN ANY COACH IN HISTORY. he even jokes about it himself (i.e. If i had as many vacated birthdays, id be a happier man). do some research loser.

10:52 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I can’t wait for the sweet embrace of death. The cold and dark eternity will soothe my old and senile soul.

10:53 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Ooops my mistake, Calipari has ZERO NCAA sanctions against himself. I was wrong.

My bipolar disorder is really messing with me today

• Reality
      10:53 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Role your sources out for me big boy. Don’t say google it either. The burden of proof is on the person making the claim.

10:57 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

If you dont acknowledge it then you are jsut a sad case that needs to change your name. Sources?! HHAHAHA you must be joking. for common knowledge? I cant help it you have lived in a rock for the past 20 years. sources are needed for asserting something not well known. get over yourself loser. everyone knows his number of vacated wins tops every other coaches.

• DanT
      11:00 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

You’re a horrible example of a Christian, danger. You should be ashamed of yourself. I pray that you are able to repent and see how mean and angry you’re coming across as.

• DanT
      11:02 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Side note: Cal has no sanctions against him personally, if that was the case we would of had to show cause before we hired him. Your argument falls apart because you don’t present your evidence to substantiate your argument. You obviously have no clue how to debate properly. Everyone here disagrees with you, so perhaps you should reexamine your claims.

11:02 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Ok guys, this has been fun, but I got to get back to the nursing home. It’s almost dinner time.

I’ll think of another really stupid comment to get the show started tomorrow!

• Pity The Old Man
      11:03 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I could care less about Cal’s morals as long as we win and he doesn’t get us on probation.

• theRealDeal
      11:05 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Dant… you are an ignorant fool. try doing your own research and hell. he does have sanctions. look it up.
      and that is a terrible attitude. win no matter what?? we will get on probabtion them

• Pity The Old Man
      11:07 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

If you actual read what I wrote, I said win as long as we stay off probation. Cal could sleep with every woman in Lexington and then pay for their abortions and I would be fine with it. Winning and keeping the team out of trouble is all that matters.

11:09 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Well, he has a bad track record for that… so you better strap in… literally the last two programs he left under sanctions.. what makes you think we are any different? and for the record. lexingtion is a small town, he has probably already gotten around to all the sleeping…

• DanT
      11:10 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Danger you aren’t setting a good Christian example. I will pray for you.

• Danger
      11:11 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

My wife is a whore if anyone wants to take a run at her.

• theRealDeal
      11:19 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Dant pray for me all you want.. your god is false… we are alone

• Sonny
      6:57 pm May 20, 2014 Permalink

Life long dumbass maybe…..LOL

2. UK_JB
    9:59 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I think you all should come to Lexington twice since you all are on there twice a day now.

Did Ryan vote?

3. Kidnut
    10:00 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

If it says somewhere in the Preamble for him to run for senate then he will…he loves the Preamble

4. KyWampusCat
    10:05 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

This teacher is off school (Election Day) for the first time since one of the billion snow days we had this year. It feels good to get to listen live again

5. JB in CC
    10:06 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Matt Jones, I am going to speak my mind. I am sick and tired of the liberal agenda you always push on your show. From pushing Obama’s reelection two years ago, to your bashing of Hillary’s detractors yesterday, to your singling out of Senator Stivers in your radio program, it’s really gotten out of hand. Why not go after the governor or all the Louisville liberals like Yarmouth who probably had secret agenda to bring down Rupp Arena.

I’m sick of it.

• KyWampusCat
      10:08 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

don’t listen

• inlinefor9
      10:14 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Man I’m a Republican, but you invalidate yourself when you get upset that he bashes Stivers but then say Yarmouth probably had this big secret agenda/conspiracy to bring down Rupp. Why would that be the case at all?

And Stivers IS ducking this radio debate! Think if it were a Democrat doing this. You would be up in arms that their excuse for missing is repeatedly that they are on vacation or busy. Wake up man. If you really want a better government, hold your side just as accountable as the other.

• JB in CC
      10:14 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Don’t you tell me what to do. This is a free country, or it was until Obama and the Marxists got their hands on it.

• Pity The Old Man
      10:35 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

JB obviously hasn’t read any actual writings by Marx. If he did he would know that Marxism borders on anarchism which is the definition of a free society.

• JB in CC
      10:37 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

God I love a good “wooden leg named Smith” in my mouth.

6. Kidnut
    10:09 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I do not vote if I know nothing about the candidates. Usually I try to do some research beforehand

7. Smart Voter in Lexington
    10:10 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I have to vote for Beatty for Mayor and DeBolt for Council At Large.

8. inlinefor9
    10:11 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I like Ryan’s viewpoint. If you dont know anything about the candidate, skip that part of the ballot. It’s worse to just randomly pick someone.

9. KyWampusCat
    10:13 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

There should be a test you take prior to voting that gauges how you feel about various issues… you answer, and then based on your responses who you should vote for is suggested to you.

Most people don’t know what each candidate stands for and the issues are more relevant than the particular person running, right?

10. Grumpycat
    10:14 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Can you guys play the Wanda Baker campaign song for election day?

11. Kidnut
    10:15 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

They lack a superstar scorer next year. There is no one that can put the team on the back. Someone may step up but as of now there isn’t.

12. WWTF-AM
    10:15 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

1580-AM now LIVE on iHeartRadio so stream KSR from 4-6.

13. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:16 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Here’s hoping Danny Mayer’s shirt beats Danny Mayer in today’s mayoral election. KSR fans need to cast a write-in vote for Mayor Mayer’s Green Shirt.

14. andrew
    10:16 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Matt don’t jump on Ryan – you sat on here early in the season talking about 40-0 as well.

15. Delk for 3
    10:17 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I thought the Afternoon Underdogs show topic was really good yesterday. They discussed whether or not California Chrome’s loudmouth owner is a d-bag or not.

• Where is the debate?
      10:21 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Steve Coburn is nouveau riche trash who thinks he suddenly knows every in and out about the horse-racing industry. Someone needs to not him on his ass, and soon.

• Where is the debate?
      10:22 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

*knock him on his ass

• Delk for 3
      10:25 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I totally agree. It’s unfortunate he’s such an idiot because Art Sherman is one of the nicest and classiest trainers around.

• BigBlueAces
      10:54 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I agree….I will whole-heartedly be pulling for any other horse in the Belmont.

16. Delk for 3
    10:21 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Karl Towns and Devin Booker are going to be the two most reliable scorers on next years’ team and both will be starting for much of the season. They both are fantastic shooters and have a natural ability to get buckets.

17. Baxter1015
    10:21 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I do not have any more expectations for the upcoming season just because Joe B. Hall made a comment. We have to be able to think or ourselves. Joe B. is on talk show is trying to generate talk.

18. samk
    10:22 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

It’s not as fun as arguing with people over the internet, but if anyone wants to read up on some candidates before voting today, check out kentuckyelection.org. They send out surveys to all the candidates with questions relevant to the office they are running for. Happy voting!

19. BackdoorSlider
    10:23 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Things I have learned today. Polaski Co. and Texas highschool football decide things by flipping coins.

20. bluewhite
    10:23 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Heard this weekend that UK isn’t on board with the Rupp renovation project because UK wants to build it’s own Basketball Arena next to Commonwealth. This rumor comes from someone whom I trust.

21. realme
    10:24 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Let’s all block Jeff Goodman.

22. Ole D-white
    10:24 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Matt, my friends that bet against me on 40-0 last season won’t take the same bet for next season. I honestly think they lose 2 games but was going to take another 40-0 bet for fun but they don’t want nothing to do with it.

23. BackdoorSlider
    10:24 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Please make sure Luke is not following TOM CREAN!!!!!!

• houndstooth
      10:30 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I think you should make sure Tom Crean isn’t following Luke.

24. houndstooth
    10:24 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Local races are more important because the local politicians have more influence in your life than the national races. Everyone should vote.

• K1C4
      10:32 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Everyone should educate themselves as to the candidates’ views and then vote. If you don’t care enough to do that then please don’t vote.

25. Chris
    10:25 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Jeff goodman is one of those negative people. Haha

26. James K
    10:25 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

That was one of my favorite calls.

27. Sebastian
    10:26 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Shouldn’t the guy that would have gone in the top 10 in the draft start?

28. James K
    10:27 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Seriously, Kentucky’s length inside is just… never going to fully dawn on me until we see it on the court. And the ball skills in our frontcourt might be the best ever at UK. Towns, Dakari and Trey Lyles are ridiculously skilled around the basket. We essentially have ever virtue you could want from a frontcourt, including honesty.

29. George
    10:29 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

George Carlin said you have more right to complain about someone you didn’t vote for because you had no say in them being in office

30. BackdoorSlider
    10:29 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I want everyone else to stop voting!!!!!

31. The King
    10:29 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Let’s apply that logic to UK basketball. If you didn’t play for UK you can’t complain about the basketball team.

32. Edd
    10:29 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I complained about Billy Clyde, and I sure didn’t hire him.

33. Bluegrass
    10:29 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

In my opinion, Joe B saying “the greatest year” in my opinion is more about HOW we beat teams as opposed to how many teams we beat next year

I think there will be some MAJOR beat downs next year

34. Real talk
    10:30 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

If you’re a democrat in Kentucky your vote is worthless

• KyWampusCat
      10:31 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

tell that to the mayor of Lex

• Did Sean Hannity just compare himself to Mel Gibson?
      10:33 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

What an idiot.

• K1C4
      10:34 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Lexington’s mayor race is non-partisan

35. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:31 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

It sounds like MTV’s Rock the Vote campaign had the same effect on Matt that the D.A.R.E. program had on Chane Behanan.

36. Champ
    10:31 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

The late george carlin has a hilarious bit saying that if you vote, you have NO right to complain. Great stuff

37. houndstooth
    10:35 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

How is the mayor of Lancaster (?) that got removed from office and then reinstated doing? Is she up for reelection?

38. grumpycat
    10:35 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Yes! Thank you!

39. Pickles
    10:35 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Can we get a drop of all the sounds Ryan makes throughout the show? “uhmmmm, ok, yeah, mhmmmhmm” It would be a good hour of radio

• realme
      10:39 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I think it means he wasn’t paying attention and lost track of the conversation when he does that.

40. Delk for 3
    10:36 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I can’t wait to see Karl Towns next season. The idea that he isn’t an “elite” talent is just flat-out wrong. He is going be awesome with the collection of players around him next season.

41. Cruz/Palin '16
    10:37 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

How come Matt Jones never talks about or acknowledges Benghazi during his political rants? Does he know Benghazi is Hillary’s Achille’s heal that will ultimately defeat the Democrats in 2016?

• Real Talk
      10:41 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I’m an independent who loathes Hillary, and I can tell you a Ted Cruz/Sarah Palin ticket would get buried in a general election.

42. Delk for 3
    10:37 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

They won’t have a “star”, but Karl Towns is only projected as a Top 5 pick in most mock drafts.

43. Champ
    10:38 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

If u watch the nba you are how much of the scoring comes from mid range jumpers. If this team improves our mid range game instead of trying to drive to the hoop 100% of the time, we could be unstoppable

• Delk for 3
      10:42 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

You make a great point and are exactly right. Part of our problem this past season was that we just didn’t have the natural shooters. This team will add a couple knock-down shooters who will give us a new dimension to the offense.

44. Delk for 3
    10:39 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

The most likely starter at the 3 will be Devin Booker because of his tremendous shooting and scoring ability. He is 6-6 and about 200 lbs.. That is nearly the same size as James Young, who was the 3 this past season.

45. Delaney Hanley
    10:40 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Matt allergies must be hitting Ryan listening to his voice today it sounds like the nose whistle transferred to Ryan.

46. 2nd Mouse Gets the Cheese
    10:43 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Forget all this “It’s your civic duty” BS. It’s not a “duty” it’s a right. You don’t have to do everything you have the right to just because a guy in a suit told you to. You should only vote if you are educated on the candidate. If you don’t know the candidate and why they deserve your vote you are deluding the system with your vote that is based on nothing is making the votes of educated voters count less.

47. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:44 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

UK fans need to adopt a wait and see approach regarding Joe B’s comments. He also declared the upcoming Expendables 3 is going to be the best Expendables in History.

48. bluewhite
    10:44 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

49. UK_JB
    10:45 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

as my dad says… this is why we can’t have anything nice.

50. cwashcatfan
    10:46 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

The only super old business I’ve been inside (albeit now a megacorp) is Hudson’s Bay Company in Montreal, founded in 1670. There’s something about those local old businesses that have the local culture ingrained into everything they’ve sold. Sad to hear the Lex suit store closing.

51. Rob in Florida
    10:46 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Matt,

Graves-Cox was THE place to get your seersucker suit, madras jacket, khakis and of course , blue blazers…..Lynn Cox is the family guy who is still there. Great guy and a piece of Lexington history is passing into the ether……..

52. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:50 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I have a feeling that 4.1 James would become 4.0 James if he slapped on a nasal strip.

53. Chris
    10:52 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

If Shannon read the Sleep Outfitters spot: If your mattress is wore out from boody shaking girls, visit sleep outfitters for the new dormeo mattress and they will hook you up.

54. How much
    10:52 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

How much did you have to settle it for? How much you have to pay? Stope beating around the bush we want numbers and facts.

55. Laker Cat 18
    10:53 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

James is wrong. The Lakefest in Jamestown will not take place this year. It was cancelled due to the finances lost during the closing of Fruit of the Loom. First time in years.

56. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:54 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Is there a Nielsen ratings category for the 12 and under demographic? Is so, KSR is probably killing it!!!

• CatsFanInKnoxville
      10:56 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Who wants to take a run at my wife?

57. Annoyed
    10:54 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

All these little kids calling in is starting to get annoying. Tell these adults to call in for themselves instead of hiding behind their kids and having their kids ask questions they are too scared to ask themselves.

58. Edd
    10:54 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I think Matt should record a PSA warning children of the dangers of following Jeff Goodman.

59. DREWBLUE
    10:54 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

It takes a 9 year old to say you’re welcome instead of thank you after someone says thank you to them.

60. houndstooth
    10:55 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Do you think if Mayor Gray gets beat the Rupp project gets killed?

61. Out-Of-Office
    10:56 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I can’t wait for the Lakers to win the draft lottery tonight and see the conspiracy theories that are produced afterwards.

62. Earache
    10:57 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Matt you should have been trying to call Stivers’ office to try to talk to him on air on all these days he said he was off.

63. Shane
    10:57 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

4.1 James has more excuses than Sen Stivers.

64. Chris
    10:59 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Who is a worse follow for kids? Jeff Goodman or James Franco

65. Delk for 3
    11:03 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I’m pretty sure people don’t realize how good Karl Towns is. The team’s offense is going to be built around him next season because he’s that skilled offensively. He’s got solid footwork and soft hands in the paint, and he can knock shots down from all over the floor. He will be one of the greatest big-man shooters you will have ever seen in the college game.

66. Fake outrage
    11:07 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Don’t see why Matt and Ryan are outraged and say the picture of the owners mother being carried in her wheelchair to the winners circle is bad. What do they expect them to do, how else can they get her the the winners circle besides carrying her. They have to go across first and thick grass. It wasn’t like the carried her over their shoulder. It looks like a queen being carried in her carriage. It doesn’t look bad at all and looks very caring.

67. Laker Cat 18
    11:08 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Rhodes sounds like the Truth.

68. 1978best
    11:08 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Cordia is in Knott County, not Perry.

69. Kidnut
    11:09 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Rhodes was a good player, too bad he couldn’t finish out at UK.

70. KNOTT COUNTY
    11:10 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Not only did Matt get the NY-NewJersey thing wrong, cordia is actually located in Knott Co., not Perry Co.

71. Razr Raybob
    11:11 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Roderick Rhodes is one of My all time Favs

72. Delaney Hanley
    11:11 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Rod just yelled out Brassow. Great interview enjoyed hearing Roderick.

73. Delk for 3
    11:12 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

While Rod Rhodes didn’t have the most successful of careers, I think it was clear the kid had a huge heart and he played extremely hard. I always liked Rhodes even though he could drive you crazy.

74. Sam
    11:18 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Rhodes talking up Eastern KY is my favorite thing ever. How great was that?

75. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:18 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Senator Stivers is really surprised that Roderick Rhodes had enough time to do an interview on Election Day. Awesome guest.

76. tuxedo park
    11:19 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Happy for Rod. He did get a lot of static during his college career and beyond. Sounds like he’s grown up a lot and I wish him the best.

77. Delk for 3
    11:19 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

The fact that a inner-city raised black guy like Rod has made a life in Eastern Kentucky reveals that he’s a man of tremendous character.

78. Edd
    11:21 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I’m not from eastern KY, but I love what he said about it. Classy guy.

79. Delk for 3
    11:21 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Really good interview Matt. It might be a good idea to try to interview a different former player every once in a while. We love to hear from our former players.

80. Ira D. Combs
    11:21 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I’ve been telling people across the United States in my travels for the last 45 to 50 years the same things Rod just said about my native land but never get the same results when Rod said .

By the way It’s Lotts Creek not Cordia , Ky. and it’s in Knott Co. not Perry Co. and it is completely different than Middlesboro .

81. Chaz
    11:22 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Now that was a good interview. No personal agenda, honest answers and happy with the things as they are. Nice guy.

82. TDbigcat
    11:23 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Great interview with Rod Rhodes. Had me captivated during entire interview. Gained a whole new respect for Rod. Thanks KSR

83. ukjonny9
    11:24 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I heard Rhodrick Rhodes spent the night before the SEC Tournament Championship in the “hollers” and that’s why he wasn’t on the team the next year.

84. darrell hughes
    11:25 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

It’s a good thing that Mark Stoops get that extension through 2018. I wonder what he thinks about it?

85. TrueBlue63
    11:26 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Matt, why are you so pessimistic about UK football’s schedule? Back in 2009, UK went to Auburn AND beat them. And Auburn wasn’t having a down year. Auburn was 5-1 heading into that game and it was the largest crowd to ever witness a UK victory.

86. Sebastian
    11:27 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

When its year 2024 will people be saying its twenty twenty-four or will they still be saying two-thousand twenty-four

87. Kidnut
    11:28 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Sam would guard Matt and Brian would guard Ryan. I am thinking Sam and Ryan would win.

88. Facts
    11:29 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

This is awkward

89. Edd
    11:29 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Cue the “that’s inappropriate” sound bite.

90. Aaron
    11:31 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Thank goodness we won’t have to see that punk kid from Cleveland tonight

91. Somervillain
    11:32 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Consensus seems to put Randle at somewhere between 5-7, in with Vonleh and Smart. Exum likely top 4.

92. Kidnut
    11:34 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

After that last Body Shapes medical commercial I am betting mothers are having their kids un-follow Matt as well as Jeff Goodman.

93. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:36 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

The new invisible clothes are going to make the Footstabber’s life a lot easier.

94. Edd
    11:37 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

It would be hard to cross the street if you were invisible.

95. Kidnut
    11:37 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Bear in mind that if you use your invisible clothes to murder, don’t tell Ryan.

• Aha
      11:40 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Now we know how Tom Leach commits his murders. Being invisible must make it much easier to accomplish the hit and get away with it.

96. Champ
    11:37 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Being a teleporter, a la the movie ‘Jumper’, is far and away the best super power

97. Sebastian
    11:37 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

That professor from Florida wishes this had came out a long time ago

98. wsflwildcat
    11:42 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I would go to UK basketball practices and meetings with Cal.

99. Boogie Fan
    11:43 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I thought of the exact same thing as Ryan. What does that say about me?

100. stillHere
    11:43 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Matt, Don’t you know that invisibility is a right granted to ALL Americans.

One Nation,
    Invisible
    With Liberty and Justice for All

101. Turner the Burner
    11:43 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Sounds like Ryan will be sleeping on the couch again tonight.

102. Chaz
    11:44 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Invisible=every game at Rupp free

103. Invisible cloak
    11:44 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I would go to jurich’s office and video record all the cheating and ripping off of mindless ul taxpayers off.

104. Fake_TG_Thunder_Shuck
    11:44 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Ryan would be Mitch McConnell at the white house.

105. Delaney Hanley
    11:44 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Ryan would roam down the hall and go into Michelle Obama’s bedroom.

106. Edd
    11:44 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Think of the advantage of having just on invisible player on a basketball team.

• 1978best
      11:51 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Better than flubber.

107. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:45 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

I have a felling Adidas’ first invisible jersey will be worn by the team that doesn’t exist.

108. Bob
    11:47 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

We’ve seen how anonymity on the internet brings out the worst in people – anonymity in real life could be detrimental to the world

109. 1978best
    11:50 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Will your finger prints be invisible?

110. TRU BLU
    11:51 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Matt you could have 6’9 Willis playing SF quite a bit this yr. IF he can guard good.

111. TRU BLU
    11:53 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

Is Mr. Lemond plugging his nose while he’s talking today?