Start your week right with KSR (Monday Show Thread)

ksr-logo

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang will catch you up on the news from the weekend, including some new scoop on Bam Adebayo and Mohamed Bamba. They’ll also discuss Sergio’s win at the Masters, Friday’s Spring Game, and the disturbing footage from a United flight that I’m about to share. Tune in or miss out!

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

45 Comments for Start your week right with KSR (Monday Show Thread)

1. Booby Petrino
    10:09 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

It’s the most boring time of the year. How am I supposed to make it through a whole 8 hours at work with nothing to talk about on here?

• Realme
      10:11 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

At least we still have 2 hours of KSR. I feel weird to be blah about gorgeous Spring weather, but I miss the sports. 20 weeks and counting til football.

• J-Dub421
      10:14 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

We still have basketball recruiting to talk about, the football spring game is coming up too. Football season will be here before you know it. If all else fails we can always start posting recipes again. 🙂

• Booby Petrino
      10:18 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

Lol thanks for the positive spin, KSR friends. It’s just so quiet around here, certainly not as entertaining as usual.

2. Realme
    10:15 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

Is a paid ticket for the flight not “a right” to a seat on the flight? Find another option for your staff instead, idiots.

• J-Dub421
      10:23 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

Or don’t overbook if you know that you are likely to need a few staff seats. Thi is like the worst version of the Seinfeld rental car episode. “You know how to take the reservation, but you don’t know how to keep the reservation….”

• Realme
      10:26 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

I hope this starts a new trend where passengers hold out for way bigger bucks when a flight is overbooked.

• RealCatsFan
      10:26 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

The late night talk show hosts are jumping with glee over this one!

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:52 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

If I were in that situation, I’d make a counter offer of $10,000, and we could meet somewhere in the middle.

3. runningunnin.454
    10:17 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

How about the Nike game?
    With Vanderbilt, Richards, and Gilgeou-Alexander it’s going to be exciting. They have motors.
    Quade didn’t get to play, but, I saw him in the McDonalds game; I think next year will be fun.

• Realme
      10:20 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

I forgot to watch it, but I hear Vanderbilt looked really good.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:21 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

Matt absolutely, positively needs to get the guy who got yanked off the plane on KSR. Bonus points if he is a Louisville fan! 🙂

• J-Dub421
      10:27 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

Apparently we live in a police state now where even if you’re a paying customer who did nothing wrong, they can simply remove you without cause. That dude is going to sue and win.

• runningunnin.454
      10:31 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

Some businesses don’t believe the “customer is always right”.
      Actually the only business in which that does not apply is “police business”. Ha ha.

5. Realme
    10:22 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

I’m excited for next season because we’ll have no shortage of rebounding, and to me that’s a key indicator of winning effort and energy.

• WatchutalkinboutWillis
      10:38 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

I’m excited to see how the pieces fall together and then how it sorts out. I always feel good about our team when there is no glaring weakness. If we get another shooter or two…I don’t think we will have any glaring weaknesses next year.

• Realme
      10:52 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

Agreed. At least 3 offers out to shooters, so hopefully we get the best one.

6. secrick
    10:29 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

I think the guy should have left the plane like the other 3 people did. I think the airline people who did this are idiots for asking them to leave the plane.

• RealCatsFan
      10:39 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

I beg to differ, Rick. I think the guy is a hero, personally. Otherwise they would think they could just pick anyone to pull off a plane whenever they screw up. If I paid for a ticket and I need to fly home for something, and they think they can tell me to get off the plane when I paid for the ticket, they can go f— themselves.

After this I think airlines will think twice before they try to pull crap like this. It’s fine to make an offer to try to entice someone to voluntarily give up their seat, but forcing someone off is the kind of thing that happens in China or North Korea.

• secrick
      10:46 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

Your probably right. I would have had to been there to make a sound judgement call.

• ukjaybrat
      10:49 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

i believe they can take anyone off the plane in the name of safety. and having too many people on a plane and not enough seats is grounds for safety. don’t like it, but i’m sure there’s fine print somewhere detailing exactly what happened. is it a black eye? yes, should it have been avoided? yes. but this guy probably has exactly zero grounds to sue anybody.

• J-Dub421
      10:54 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

They had a safe number of people though. They wanted four seats for their own airline employees. I’m sorry, but don’t book every seat on a flight if you know you need some employee seats. Stop overbooking. The man was a paying customer who did nothing wrong.

• Realme
      10:56 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

The guy that grabbed him didn’t even have the sense to move the armrests up before forcibly removing him. They may have had the right to remove him, but they still didn’t handle it professionally or safely. If the passenger was violent, a bystander could have been hurt too, since the other cops wanted no part of helping to carry him out. Just poorly and negligently handled across the board.

• Booby Petrino
      10:56 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

They didn’t take people off for safety, they took people off to seat their own staff. They should have seats saved for staff already, not just book the fight solid and randomly pluck/pull people off. People have lives and plans, not everyone can rearrange their life bc an airline oversold seats in an effort to generate revenue.

• ukjaybrat
      11:39 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

oh i totally think the entire situation could have been handled better on both sides. i responded to the wrong person. i meant to respond to laker down below when he was talking about suing. im pretty sure he has no right to sue.

• J-Dub421
      11:54 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

I think he does have the right to sue because they had no legitimate reason to forcibly remove him in the first place. It would be different if he was drunk and disorderly, but they should simply have made alternate arrangements for their employees.

• Booby Petrino
      12:15 pm April 10, 2017 Permalink

From Yahoo article: The United Contract of Carriage lays out specific policies for passengers who are not allowed to board overbooked flights but doesn’t cite policy for removing passengers who are already seated on such flights.

7. Realme
    10:31 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

I would have boooed the incoming United employees with all the passion of a Louisville game.

8. Laker Cat 18
    10:38 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

He is a doctor, so $400 and an overnight stay is chump change. They should have bulked the offer to their passengers. As high as their tickets are anyway, that offer was pathetic. United would have saved much more money by selecting another passenger. He should sue and buy a personal commercial airliner.

9. RealCatsFan
    10:41 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

John Short would have the little old lady who owned Unbridled saddled up for the Derby!

10. Realme
    10:45 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

The whole concept of promposals annoys me, but I have to wonder if De’Aaron felt put on the spot or if he’s genuinely cool with going to a random prom.

• secrick
      10:49 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

Yeah can you see the headlines , FOX turns down offer from fan to go to the prom.

• J-Dub421
      10:49 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

He’s so nice that he’s probably cool with it.

11. Laker Cat 18
    10:54 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

Shannon, you went to Vanderbilt. Quit acting like a [email protected]$$.

• J-Dub421
      11:01 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

And he doesn’t like to read!!! How did he graduate from Vanderbilt???

12. Laker Cat 18
    10:59 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

What if 1 of the 4 seats to be vacated was a celebrity who refused to move? Can you imaging those guys trying to forcibly remove The Rock or the Undertaker from a United Airlines flight?

• J-Dub421
      11:03 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

Or a UFC fighter? Try to drag Cain Velasquez off that flight.

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:49 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

Now that’s the plot of a cool action movie!

13. J-Dub421
    11:18 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

PJ Washington coming in hot.

14. Realme
    11:18 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

It’s kind of rare for a major recruit to be coming down to the end and Matt DOESN’T say he’s not so sure all of the sudden. I’m not saying he tries build up the suspense, but I wonder sometimes.

15. J-Dub421
    11:21 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

I’d like to get Knox, but I don’t think we’re getting him, So on that not, I would like to get both Mark Smith and the Johnson kid from Pitt. I want both; I’m greedy.

16. God Family UK
    11:33 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

There was a Lafe Hollister on Andy Griffith. He was in two episodes. One about the county nurse giving shots and the other he was in a singing show. He was dressed as a farmer in both. Wait there was three he was also a moonshiner.

17. J-Dub421
    11:57 am April 10, 2017 Permalink

The taxpayers of Kentucky will now have to bail out the Yum Center from bankruptcy because U of L double dealt themselves a sweetheart deal and have been raking in money ever since. U of L is profiting while bankrupting the Yum Center.