So, #BBNMeetUpDotCom took off

Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 3.29.55 PM

When I received the press release announcing the launch of BBNMeetup.com, I thought it was a joke at first. Then, I realized it was too good to be true. Word leaked online about the free dating site for UK fans about midday, so I shared some of the details even though the site wasn’t schedule to go live until tomorrow morning.

The response was insane. All afternoon, #BBNMeetUpDotCom filled up my timeline with some great jokes about the site. I came up with a few of my own…

• SWF 25-35 seeks basketball fan for postgame shows and Rupp ice cream. Must prefer John Wall to Rajon Rondo
  • SWM 55 seeks late night karaoke partner up for swims in the Merrick Inn pool. Pls be my Amanda
  • SWF 18-25 looking for jersey to chase. Very talented at sneaking in to dorms. Meet you at the Rupp ramp
  • SWM 45-60 seeks dancing partner for rail slides. Meet u in Section 18. Sanitary wipes optional

The twittersphere did not disappoint, either:

There are so many platooning jokes to be made here, and I couldn’t resist:

Your turn, comments section…

8 Comments for So, #BBNMeetUpDotCom took off

1. Inside Info
    5:12 pm July 1, 2015 Permalink

No Way!!!! i bet 100 buck if SCW Starts Harassing Women on the site! like for real and when i say SCW I’m talking about Stone Cold Willow

• Steven Dorn
      5:20 pm July 1, 2015 Permalink

First of all, no he does not. second of all he has a Girlfriend last time i checked his social media accounts so why would he has to use a BBN dating site when he has a Girlfriend anyway? you must be stuck on stupid i seen people act worse then him. especially frat boys who just jump on random females yea i hope they find what they looking for cause they aint gonna get none!

2. Robert Montgomery
    5:52 pm July 1, 2015 Permalink

MWM, 74, former D-I coach, seeking like-no-minded S/MWF who enjoys chair-tossing and head and face slapping of coaches and players during games. Zero knowledge of Kentucky basketball is required, but must be able to ridicule Wildcat program with a stern face and authoritative demeanor. Subjects for ridicule? Wildcat players class attendance record and academic standing and claims of cheating by coaching staff of course! Can offer occasional seating on press row. If you can tell me the difference between a shot clock and game clock, that would be helpful. Looking for abusive relationship with meek woman who understands a man needs only a single red sweater to dress for any occasion. Current or former administrators of the NCAA or any major university need not reply.

• deWildcat
      6:14 pm July 1, 2015 Permalink

That’s funny – thanks!!!

3. BLUEVADER
    5:59 pm July 1, 2015 Permalink

Im joining, hope there is a BBN Female in ohio somewhere!

4. Chuck Norris
    6:47 pm July 1, 2015 Permalink

SWM, 36, looking for a girl who can tolerate someone yelling like a maniac, and expletive-laced tirades that make Richard Pryor look like Rich Little. Trained in medicine, or being in possession of a portable defibrillator is a plus.

5. DT in DC
    7:31 pm July 1, 2015 Permalink

You just know someone will take the domain BBNMeatUp.com next.

6. BigBlueSwami
    11:48 am July 2, 2015 Permalink

HitMeWithYourBestShotGurl:”Well….it’s… certainly… Blue Nation”
    ScaredBlueTurtle:”I WAS IN THE POOL!”
    #BBNMeetUpDotCom