Should we worry about George Brown Jr.’s Twitter account?

Kentucky has been in good standing with George Brown Jr. for a long time now, but a recent change to his Twitter account has many UK football fans worried in the days before his announcement this Friday.

Coming off his recent visit to Gainesville, Brown began following several Florida football accounts, from former players to assistant coaches and beat writers. Almost one-third of the 91 accounts he follows appear to be Gator-related (by my very unofficial count), making me wonder if we’ll be receiving bad news when he announces.

Or maybe I’m just paranoid and need to get outside for some sunshine. Following recruits on the internet tends to make us all a little crazy from time to time. Kentucky leads with 88 percent of the vote in his Crystal Ball predictions, so maybe I should direct my attention away from his Twitter page and toward that.

I guess we’ll know for sure in a few days.

brown-jr

Article written by Drew Franklin

14 Comments for Should we worry about George Brown Jr.’s Twitter account?

1. worry wart
    5:20 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

yep

2. Bill
    5:21 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

It suggests a reason for concern. You can tell what a person values by what they do, the time they invest in an activity. From what very little I know it would seem that the choice will be between Florida and Kentucky. We will know soon enough.

3. HUGE Sign
    5:24 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

Matt brought this up on the radio this morning. Not only did he add a ton of Florida people, he dropped a ton of UK people. I only see Stoops and Boom Williams on his follow list for UK and about every Florida staff member. I think that about says it all. That had to be a tough sell though because that staff may not even be in place after this season.

4. SoCal Will
    5:28 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

Which team employs Vince Marrow?

5. dave
    5:31 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

no, the answer is “no, one shouldnt worry whether or not one football recruit may or may not sign with uf (or someone else) over the cats b/c of twitter.” shrug it off, go oh well–sure. worry, no.

• gordonm
      5:51 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

What ^ said. Stoops knows recruiting.

6. bbn#1
    5:38 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

Again coming from the guy I work with he’s leaning towards Florida parents want him close to home.
    But he also said that George does this all the time right after visits falls in love for those few days and does stuff like this same thing he did when he left our place

7. Big Mike In the Wood
    5:54 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

I certainly hope he picks Kentucky because he’s a big O Lineman. That said I’m not gonna sweat a high school kids twitter account. If he picks another school then good luck to him, except when he plays Kentucky.

P.S. I really hope its Kentucky.

8. Stalker
    6:40 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

No! We should be worried that you are stalking this kids Twitter account though!

9. Brian
    6:53 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

Yep…..I am worried! Hope we can work some last minute magic on him!

10. NL
    8:07 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

This dude always has a new flavor of the month

11. Diehardcatfan
    9:05 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

Poor guy wont get no playing time for 3 years there and will get a lot more playing time here that gets him more ready for the nfl ; oh well still hope he picks UK..

12. David
    5:14 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

There is always drama. I had high hopes now with all this gossip who knows anymore.

13. Mxyzptlk
    8:36 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

This is getting pretty close to stalking…..we are officially in “creepy” territory now.