Setting the field for the Ryan Lemond Derby (Thursday Show Thread)

lemond-derby

This isn’t going to be a fun show for Ryan Lemond. I can’t say I’m too excited for him, either. But to everyone listening, it should be a blast because Matt and Shannon are setting the field for the second running of the Ryan Lemond Derby!

Today we learn the 20 tasks/awkward scenarios for Ryan and which Derby horse they will be paired with heading into Saturday’s race. I hope the guys take it easy on him, but I don’t think that will be the case.

Good luck to you, Ryan.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WKYH (600 am) Paintsville
WLSI (900 am) Pikeville
WPRT (960 am) Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240 am) Somerset
WTCW (920 am) Whitesburg
WBTH (1400 am) Williamson, WV

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WBGN (1340 am) Bowling Green 11am-1pm
WVHI (1330 am) Evansville, IN 5pm-7pm
WMTL (870 am) Leitchfield 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570 am) Morgantown 3-5 pm
WRIL (106.3 fm) Middlesboro Thur 8-10 pm
WPAD (99.5 fm/1560 am) Paducah 11-1 pm
WHAY (98.3 fm) Whitley City 2-4 pm

Article written by Drew Franklin

182 Comments for Setting the field for the Ryan Lemond Derby (Thursday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    9:55 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Jefra had a great run on Survivor, but came up just a little bit short. She did outlasted everyone from the beauty tribe, but she never made a big move that would’ve put her in the final tribal council.

2. Bluegrass
    10:00 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I love the Yahoo! story making Kevin Ware seem like the victim and him leaving Louisville because of the attention his injury caused. boohoohoo whatever. That school and THEIR media will spin anything in their favor.

• 100
      10:07 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

seriously. Ware didn’t leave, he got kicked off the team. His marijuana use was never reported, but he was right there next to Behanan. He wouldn’t have ever got any playing time for Louisville anyway.

3. Bluegrass
    10:04 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I do like the idea of making one of Ryan’s derby things be him getting to choose one of the tasks for Matt to do. That would be funny

4. Bluegrass
    10:06 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I want to go to the Tattoo Expo, sit there and take a shot every time I see a Louisville fan walk by

How long until I was wasted? Less than 2 minutes?

5. fake professor
    10:06 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I think we should track down the guy that slammed Ryan in water and have Ryan and him box.

6. Laker Cat 18
    10:07 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Well if no one else will bring it up, I will. Cal to Los Angeles? LOL

7. Common Sense
    10:08 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I just wanted to say, I think you are REALLY going to see a step forward from our offense and defense this year on the football field and here is why:

Offense:

Better QB play… and thus the offense will run better. This offense is labeled the “air raid” but it really is a combo of the spread with air raid plays… very similar to Texas A&M. That will be what we do…spread teams out and get their DB’s on islands. Safeties will start playing back leaving only 5 in the box against 5 offensive linemen and a tight end. Majority of the time the offense will win that battle and open up running lanes for guys like Kemp, Heard, Boom, Clemmons and Horton. That will force the safties up and that is when you fake that 7 yd hitch and hit them over the top. We saw this in the South Carolina game last year where we really did whatever we want. Add the uptempo aspect and you wear guys down fast. Thats the reason Texas A&M torched Bama and Auburn did the same. Saban knows this, hence the rule change attempt.

Defense:

WE actually have guys that can cover and an SEC d-line that wont be exhausted. the question though is LB.

The game to watch for this year is @ Florida. I dont view South Carolina, Miss St., or Vandy as “games we shouldnt win”….if we have a DECENT QB we win those on the road last year. All 3 are home games. Not saying we win them all but can win 2. Florida was killed by multiple o-line transfers, still dont have a QB or WR…and a defense that lost some key guys.

We will go into Florida and win, 24-20.

Due to the offense being on the field

8. Bluegrass
    10:08 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Go thru the list and tell us how many of us listen to you in the different states!!! Would love to know!

9. realme
    10:08 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I switch back and forth between 1080 and 630 on iheart, whenever the commercials and in between shows stuff starts to get on my nerves.

10:10 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

The commercials on 1080 are a lot more tolerable than on 630 (unless you love Rush)

• realme
      10:13 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Least tolerable is that relationship minute guy.

• So_true
      11:03 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Always listen on 1080 to avoid those grating and obnoxious Rush ads!

10. Kj
    10:09 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

From m the horse’s mouth John Calipari, tweet he sent out so please don’t start this up, K?

Before it starts, I’m totally committed to helping this group of young men reach their dreams. I wouldn’t & couldn’t leave this group!

11. As humorous as it is to see someone dumped in the mud, part of me cringes at that GIF thinking about incidents like the Monica Seles stabbing. Also, as drunk as that guy apparently was I’m just glad Ryan wasn’t dumped him on his head ala Christopher Reeve.

12. Delaney Hanley
    10:11 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Was Tom Leach in your hurricane dream?

13. Edd
    10:11 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I’m picturing that wresting fan crying, “It’s still real to me, Matt!”

14. Bluegrass
    10:12 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

D’Antoni wanted the Lakers to pick up his ’16 option and they said “no thanks” and so Mike left

15. Cats21
    10:13 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

The Ryan Lemond Derby is absolutely a great idea. Hilarious

16. Group Think
    10:13 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Wouldn’t it be great if Tod the Bod became mute?

17. Delaney Hanley
    10:13 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Rick Bozich must be working for the CJ again Paula Dean(Bozich) is in today’s political cartoon.

18. Michael
    10:14 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I think Cal would also be interested in Chicago as long as D. Rose is there. It’s assumed that Thib’s (Chicago’s coach) doesn’t like the management very well.

19. Delk for 3
    10:14 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I saw Kentucky Joe at the spring game hitting on college girls. I swore of their boyfriends was about to beat the tar out of him.

20. kramer
    10:14 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

This sounds like something that will be on ALL of the UL radio shows today……..

21. Kj
    10:15 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Matt your as bad as any media outlet, u spin, spread rumors all to get ratings, so how are u any different than the media u claim to hate, your the same. He has said he wasn’t going anywhere so can u just drop it & shut up already.

22. Bluegrass
    10:15 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Rupp NEVER had a #1 NBA draft pick
    Rupp NEVER had a preseason #1 team

Cal has had 2 of each

just sayin’

23. realme
    10:16 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I’m okay not having a “star”. Randle was a star, and the twins were never able to really play in sync with him. Spreading it around would be fun to watch.

24. Bluegrass
    10:17 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Cal needs to go. ASAP

10:19 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

DUDE STOP!

25. JBazz
    10:17 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Matt, when Cal does leave, wouldn’t you want him to leave the program with a roster like we have next year? He would at least be leaving the program in good shape and would give us a chance to attract a really good coach that wouldn’t have the pressure of replenishing the roster. A bad scenario for us is for Cal to leave the same year we lose all our key players to the draft. The 2-year rule would not only help us keep Cal longer, but also allow us to transition to the next coach better.

26. Bluegrass
    10:18 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

It blows my mind that Kentucky has only been a preseason #1 team 4 times in the history of the program – 2 of which are in the Cal era (this upcoming year and this previous year)

• symphonist41169
      10:19 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I could’ve swore the ’78 champions were pre-season #1

10:20 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

BTI’s article yesterday said we had it in the early 80’s and the late 90’s and now the 2 Cal ones

27. Common Sense
    10:19 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Matt,

I compare Calipari and Pete Carroll are very similar situations. Both are “players coaches”…players just love to play for them. Both Cal and Pete wanted to show they could do it at the Pro level. Carroll left in part due to the sanctions, but also because he had a team in the Seahawks that had a 10 win season recently and had the roster had some young talent. Cal will do the same…he is only leaving for somewhere he is guaranteed to win.

28. JD
    10:19 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Question….if you were to have a private conversation with Cal who would he say is the one recruit he missed on that he wished he could have had?

29. Supposed to be Working
    10:19 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Matt, I know K. Towns is supposed to be really good, but I haven’t really seen him play enough to know his strengths and weaknesses.. Break down him game for us.

30. Bluegrass
    10:20 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I had a friend who works for the UK AD tell me that Cal basically begged the Harrison Twins to come back.

10:22 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Can’t you come up with a different name? Like UL Troll or something?

• Troll-R-US
      10:26 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I’d say azzhat would be a better name

10:27 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

You’re as funny as Louisville losing to Kentucky 6 times in the Cal era

10:27 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I’m basically going to use your username so much that you won’t want to use it anymore.

10:28 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Good luck because it’s pretty clear to everyone who the real Bluegrass is

10:29 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Nice try but UK fans know the name of our AD

10:31 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Actually AD was my abbreviation for Athletic Department. I know who our actual athletic director is.

Maybe they do, but I am willing to invest the time to make sure you will not use it anymore.

I love having a day off.

• you're not very smart
      10:32 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Why would you choose someone with a picture? Too easy to tell the real from the fake.

10:36 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Currently working on getting the picture on my avatar.

10:40 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

why are you doing all of this? Did I sleep with your mom or sister or something?

11:25 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Never!

11:51 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

No you won’t. Your IP is going to get banned. I hope you had fun while it lasted

31. cristoforoUK
    10:20 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I agree with you Matt, but does not having a star really matter though? We may not have the most talented player of Cal’s teams, but this could potentially end up being the best TEAM. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Temper those expectations on Towns though. I am with Drew that he needs some work physically before we hype him up. He is skilled, but he is going to have a hard time physically.I don’t think any of the freshman will have major roles next year.

32. Linda Taylor
    10:21 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Matt, can you give us an update about the women’s basketball team next season. Any hotties?

33. Kevin
    10:22 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Next years team may not have a true star, but who knows who will emerge…The Twins will be much better..Alex..Willie…never know…Florida was great all year without a true star, I predict we will be like Florida next year…except better!

34. Common Sense
    10:22 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Coach K hasnt seemed to have much success with these 1-and-dones….and he had experience to compliment them which was supposedly the way to do it….

Kyrie Irving – Elite 8
    Austin Rivers – Beat by LeHigh
    Jabari Parker – Beat by Mercer

it isnt going to matter that he will have 9 all-americans he still hasnt figured it out. He still trying to bring these guys in and play “duke basketball” instead of playing to their strengths.

35. WCS
    10:23 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I started more games in the reg. season than Johnson!

36. Big Curt
    10:23 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I think Cal would say he wanted Alex Oriaki

37. Big Thirst
    10:24 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Shabazz plays for the T-Wolves.

38. kramer
    10:25 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Has UK said that they hired an assistant coach? I missed them saying they did……

39. 1978best
    10:25 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

The metropolitan area of Mexico City is 21.2 million. WOW!!!!

40. Big Dick Saggins
    10:26 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Wouldn’t it be nice if Cal let Kenny Payne coach a game?

41. Ole D-white
    10:26 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Didn’t Elton John have a song about Tony Danza? “Hold me closer Tony Danza”?

• el hombre Juan
      11:30 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I think that was Tairy Greene

42. Chad
    10:27 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

U can make a case for xaiver Henry. He was what that team needed a sharp shooter and I think with him we won the title with john wall

43. Common Sense
    10:27 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

You crazy Matt!!! Shabaaz was a HEAD CASE! and so was DADDY! Im glad we didnt have to deal with that! You would have a guy pouting when a teammate hits a game winner because he didnt get the ball…

The miss that killed us was Xavier Henry… if we have him we win it all…we were 1 shooter away.

• bigbluecoop
      10:37 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Agreed. Shabaaz was a ball-hogging pouter that wouldn’t play defense. Didn’t he walk off after a win because he didn’t get the ball for the last shot? He and Archie would have been fighting each other for the ball.

44. Mike
    10:27 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Matt, the gate given to a horse does make a difference. Some horses like to be on the inside rail the whole way. They want to draw an inside gate (but not the first couple because then you can trapped in easily). The middle gates are ideal. Outside gates make it difficult to get out in front because you have to cut across so far. Some horses are front runners and some are closers (they get the coffee). If you’re a late closer, an outside gate isn’t bad for you. You stay out of the pack and ease your way into the position you want to be in.

45. Sparksfor3
    10:32 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Matt….your stats are incorrect. the favorite has won the Kentucky Derby 5 times since 2000.

46. Edd
    10:34 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I love Cal, but is he really the guy most NBA owners think of when they need to make a hire? I think he really relishes the role of teacher. Does he get to do that in the NBA?

47. samk
    10:34 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Matt, I can’t take you seriously on many NBA matters until you learn how to pronounce Spoelstra’s name correctly

48. Kris
    10:35 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

The video for Miley’s “Wrecking Ball” was quite the controversy

49. Dud Wash
    10:35 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

What about the Goyte video? that was pretty famous.

50. Get off my lawn!
    10:35 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Matt should love the Derby. No dogs and hardly any children.

51. Fake Professor
    10:36 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Make Ryan wear one of those visors for a week… The visor the chick wears that dared LA clipper owner

52. rich brooks tomato
    10:36 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

It’s pronounced SPOLSTRA, Matt. Also just because Lebron and Cal are friends doesn’t necessarily mean he wants Cal as his coach. Cal is great as a college coach, the NBA is a totally different animal.

53. Donald Sterling
    10:37 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Why would I pay the $2.5 million fine? They’re kicking me out of the league so I have no reason or incentive to pay the fine. This isn’t a judicial proceeding.

54. Jay in Lyndon
    10:37 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

A late entry in the Lemond Derby: rubbing down Zeus with suntan lotion.

55. BigBlue
    10:40 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Jon Hood and Cameron Mills was at my son’s School yesterday speaking to kids about life as UK basketball players and life

56. Bluegrass
    10:40 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Dude you’re a loser!

57. Delk for 3
    10:41 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

It’s because Aaron was always the better shooter and Andrew realized that. Andrew would then try to set up his brother with good passes.

• Daniel S.
      10:42 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

you are right

• Delk for 3
      10:46 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I read that in a story somewhere while the tournament was going on.

58. Bluegrass
    10:41 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

loser

59. Daniel S.
    10:41 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I read that Andrew picked up a basketball and just dribbled while Aaron shot the ball

60. Carlton Banks
    10:42 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

John Short is a great American but he is wrong. THE perfect song for the Derby is anything by The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza – lyrics are NSFW – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBo2NJb6fyc

61. Bluegrass
    10:42 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Troll.

62. BigBlue
    10:42 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Jon Hood and Cameron Mills was at my Son’s school yesterday.

63. UKJonny
    10:43 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Something to think about……UK really did awesome besides win the NCAA championship…..they were ranked #1 at the beginning of the season and ended up being #2….so UK only fell one spot.

64. Edd
    10:44 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Worst son in law would Rashaad Caruth. Can’t sit with being called Dog.

• Delk for 3
      10:45 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

No, Michael Porter would be the worst.

10:46 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Someone is over the age of 45….

65. Delk for 3
    10:44 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I disagree about Andrew having a higher trajectory in terms of the NBA just because he is a PG. I read somewhere that some NBA scouts are arguing that Aaron has everything Andrew has and more. They say that Aaron’s offense is way ahead of Andrew and that Aaron can handle the ball, and distribute just at well as Andrew. The scouts said that Aaron’s ability to be a combo guard is what puts him ahead. They said Andrew’s lack of all-around offense hurts him because he does not stand out as a true PG.

66. not gonna use my real name, don't want to be the next target
    10:45 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Can see why you’d be frustrated, but giving this sad creature your attention is probably making them happy. You’re right though, it would decrease the troll problem a lot.

67. KC
    10:46 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Matt,

You and the caller have talked about possible championships this year and in 11 if UK could have beaten UCONN. What is forgotten is that if UK would have won in 2011, Jones and or Lamb would have probably left early. It’s easy to point out missed titles, but Jones came back to win it in 2012.

• Delk for 3
      10:51 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I don’t think it’s wise to dismiss Ulis and Booker and think they’ll automatically sit behind the Harrison twins all season.

• Common Sense
      10:52 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

The Key to them returning was the Lockout….people forget the importance…

68. Bluegrass
    10:47 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

That was the “troll” making that comment. The real Bluegrass will just not post anymore today.

69. Travis
    10:47 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

How can Rob Ford smoke crack and still be the mayor of Toronto? However, all of his shenanigans and outbursts entertain and amuse me.

70. Loser
    10:47 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Matt loves to toot his one horn. Always gets so giddy when he makes his bold predictions and then they always turn out to be wrong. Its hilarious.

71. Pathetic
    10:48 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Case u think your slipping it by most we know u are making fun of John Short constantly, it’s not cool & it’s disgusting, u should be ashamed, he is a great American u are not.

72. Shawon
    10:48 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I could stare at that d-bag throwing Ryan into the mud for seconds!

73. mike wilbon
    10:48 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

When are you Irresponsibally maniacal fans going to interview me?

74. JD
    10:49 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

What about Marcus Smart?? Could have started over Harrow…

75. STOOPS TROOPS
    10:51 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Folks stop spazzin out bout who playin the 3. Players don’t gotta fit in perfect little buckets. Alex, Aaron, Andrew and Derek will do just fine splittin that up

76. UofL Troll Alert
    10:55 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

UofL Troll Alert^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

77. Quick trigger
    10:57 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Matt gets so giddy and always tries to beat his callers to their own punch line.

78. Sectvdeal
    10:59 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Are we ever gonna discuss the Neal Brown comments.

79. Mayor Rob Ford
    10:59 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I get caught doing crack THREE TIMES and all of a sudden I’m a crack addict. Might as well call be a cheeseburger addict cause you see me eating burgers all the time.

80. JD
    11:01 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

A friend tried telling me last night that Jameis Winston is the greatest college athlete since Deion Sanders. Presumably taking in to account he’s a two sport athlete and excels at both. Please end this conversation and say it’s way too early and not even close.

• Delk for 3
      11:11 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Not even close. Jameis Winston has a fantastic arm, but is not overwhelmingly quick, fast, or athletic. Deion Sanders was lightning fast and just a freak athletically. The best athlete ever — IMO — was Bo Jackson.

• DC_CAT
      11:13 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Your friend is an idiot. That honor goes to Jeff Samardzija (Football and Baseball, projected 1st round WR and current SP for the Cubs)

81. Whoa, Whoa Whoa......Whoa
    11:01 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Did they really just say “WKKK Louisville”. Like W-KKK. Could there be a worse call sign for a radio station? And it’s in Louisville…..shocker.

82. Gracie
    11:04 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

These commercial breaks are insufferable

83. Delk for 3
    11:04 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I love how Matt and others are dismissing Aaron’s NBA future, but somehow just think Andrew is destined to have a good NBA career. I’ll say it again: just because you put a kid at the position, doesn’t mean he’s a true point guard. Just because Andrew has good size, doesn’t mean he will ever become an effective point guard in the NBA. I’m not counting him out, but he certainly has no edge on Aaron as far as the NBA goes. I feel like people who think Andrew will have success as a PG, do not watch the NBA closely.

84. realme
    11:05 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

What a difference a J makes.

85. Amanda
    11:06 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Will the summer tour schedule be coming out any time soon?

86. harry
    11:07 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Wild Cat Red

87. harry
    11:08 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Ryan should take driving lessons wearing a fro

88. Edd
    11:11 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I like Gordon. Great fan!

89. bigbluecoop
    11:11 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

It’s pronounced, Gore-don!

90. Jay in Lyndon
    11:12 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Gordon is the anti- Todd the Bod

91. Gracie
    11:12 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Shabazz

92. Briscoe Darling
    11:14 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Be sure to play the Tony Rice version of Molly Tenbrooks… By far the BEST ever.

“…And jump in where you can Sherrrriiffff and HANNNNG ON!!!!!!!”

93. Delk for 3
    11:14 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I personally think Devin Booker will crack the starting lineup by mid-season. His scoring, shooting, and defense will be too good to have him sit on the bench.

94. harry
    11:15 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

He was hungry

95. James K
    11:15 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Jameis Winston went for the ole Five Pincher Discount.

96. harry
    11:16 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I have a Samsung Galaxy, it is an awesome phone.

97. ukbradstith
    11:17 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Ordered the Steam Boat Race on pay per view last night. Still kicking myself because I just found out that if you subscribe to the Steamboat Network for $9.95 a month, they throw in the PPVs for free.

98. Edd
    11:17 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Lance’s call with the beeps is how all calls from my wife sound.

99. rml4uk
    11:17 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

My question about Winston stealing the crab legs is what was he planning on doing with them had he got away with it? I can guarantee you he doesn’t have a huge pot at home to boil them in and his dorm room probably doesn’t have a stove. It’s going to take a long time to boil those crab legs on a hot plate…

• harry
      11:19 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

too complicated, let the man steal some legs all the other stuff will fall in line later.

• rml4uk
      11:23 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Haha. I guess that’s typically the thought process when you’re stealing things. No one really has a “plan” as they shoplift do they

• jjk
      11:30 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

The store was apparently a place were you could order prepared food & dine in. He ate the crab legs in the store & then left without paying.

100. harry
    11:17 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

noooooooooooooooooooooooo don’t sell me any more stuff !!!!!! can give a hug instead?

101. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:18 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Watch out Dave Ramsey, Gordon Jones and his radio show – “Greed is Good” doesn’t care whether or not your home mortgage is paid off.

• ukbradstith
      11:21 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Gordon Jones and co-host Chester Lemon.

102. harry
    11:20 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

nice, Ramsey is selling too. what about saving ?

103. Kidnut
    11:21 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I am not gonna kill Winston for taking Crab Legs, I stole stuff when i was around that age. The list includes cases of beer, racks of ribs, and pumpkins.

• Delk for 3
      11:23 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I did too.

• rml4uk
      11:26 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

What’s the statute of limitations on shoplifting? I stole a yo-yo in high school.

• realme
      11:27 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I wanted to steal gum when I was a kid, but then I chickened out.

104. harry
    11:22 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

May 20th this year?

105. harry
    11:23 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I hate politicians, all of them.

106. Delk for 3
    11:23 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Just leave Richie alone.

107. JumpDaddy
    11:23 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Imagine the numbers KSR would have if Ryan hadn’t lost the Chubby Chaser demographic

108. Edd
    11:24 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

The best part of the interview would be the periodic recording that comes on reminding you that the call is coming from a prison.

109. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:24 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

The day the Richie interview airs, every song coming in and out of breaks has to be from Cash’s Folsom album.

110. Delk for 3
    11:25 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I thought Wilbon was coming on this week? What happened to that?

111. JumpDaddy
    11:25 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Could we get Ryan arrested for something and he could do a live broadcast from his jail cell?

• harry
      11:28 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

body shape medical will have to give him something completely opposite of its intended purpose. Chill!

112. Mr. Honest
    11:26 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Will the podcast be like the Johnny Cash album at Folsom Prison? Matt Jones at Hazelton Prison.

113. TruePlaya
    11:26 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Richie interview could the the sports radio equivalent of Johnny Cash Live from Folsom Prison album

114. Hillbilly Tim
    11:27 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Matt, I had to interview a prisoner for work and I contacted the prisoners counselor at the prison.

115. 1catfan
    11:27 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

What about contacting Richie Farmer’s attorney.

116. MrDCJones
    11:28 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Bad idea about interviewing Richie from prison. He has felt “entitled” for too long and I don’t think KSR should give him the time of day.

117. Edd
    11:29 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

A live show from the prison would have to start off with, “Hello, I’m Matt Jones.”

118. JumpDaddy
    11:29 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Richie has phone privileges. He could surely be a guest on the show without you having to drive at all. He will have to make the call collect however.

119. Kidnut
    11:29 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Matt should try and Catfish Richie from prison…

120. JumpDaddy
    11:30 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

It would be worth it just to have the drop “You have a call from a prisoner who is currently incarcerated at ….”

121. James K
    11:30 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Somebody is pretending to be me, and why someone would bother — I will never know the answer to that.

• James K
      11:33 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Some men just like to watch the world burn.

122. You already know
    11:32 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Having electric problems? Call Allen Electric.

123. Kidnut
    11:34 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Drew met his love while working for KSR, Shannon threw aside the love of Annie…

124. James K
    11:35 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Man, I’m sorry, but I am not moving to Chicago unless I am engaged or married. I envy Drew’s confidence.

125. 1978best
    11:35 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

It is NOT a correctional complex.It is a penitentiary which is not a nice place.

126. BBNinClearwaterFL
    11:36 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Rex has an article on his website
    Where he has researched the UK teams with the
    most McDonalds all Americans usually is not the
    Best team that wins championships.

127. Kidnut
    11:37 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

If Ryan does the Lemonade Stand then he should donate all proceeds to the Boston Strong charity, seems appropriate.

128. Ryan lemmond derby
    11:39 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Matt if my #BBNFirst idea goes through there will be no more mooney mooney

129. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:41 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Can the HS football player be Matt Elam? He’s still in HS, right?

130. Kidnut
    11:42 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

For all these things Ryan should do it to raise money for charity.

131. realme
    11:44 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Why would wlap allow that?

132. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:46 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I can’t wait for Hour 20 of 24 hours of Lemond. Murray St. 80’s Baseball War Stories are the best.

133. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:47 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Why is Ryan so mad at KY Joe? I must have missed something.

• realme
      11:48 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I think he was badmouthing John Short at the Spring Game.

• CatsFanInKnoxville
      11:56 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Thanks for the update!

134. bluegrassboy
    11:47 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I have never been more excited about the Ky Derby than when the time I put down 40 to win on Goto Del Sol to find out what will Ryan have to do …

135. Mr. Honest
    11:48 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

Would prefer the Townes Van Zandt version of Dead Flowers.

136. Matt Knows Football
    11:49 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

NOT

137. inlinefor9
    11:51 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

I think we are going to try to run, run, run against UofL. They weren’t great on run defense last year, and our group of RBs are signficantly better this year. Take the air out of the ball and keep it out of the Petrino offense as much as possible.