Fall sports other than football will take place this year in the Southeastern Conference.
The SEC just announced new start dates and formats for cross country, women’s soccer and volleyball, as well as the fall golf and tennis. Most of the schedules will be conference-only, and women’s soccer and volleyball will pick back up in the spring if the NCAA conducts spring championships in those sports. In addition, baseball and softball fall practice activities and intra-squad games are permitted, but exhibition games against outside competition are prohibited in the fall semester.
Kentucky’s men’s soccer team is a member of Conference USA, which postponed league competition until the spring. A UK spokesman said schedules and fan arrangements for UK teams will be announced by each sport when finalized.
- Season runs September 11-October 23
- Seven (7) weeks of competition
- Compete in a minimum two (2) events (maximum of three) prior to SEC Championships (Baton Rouge on October 30)
- No restrictions on opponents; must adhere to SEC Testing protocol the week leading into competition
- No more than 10 teams may compete in a single race
- Schools may not compete in consecutive weeks
- Conference-only season runs weekend of September 18-November 8 (eight total weeks)
- Eight (8) regular season matches plus at least two (2) matches at the SEC Tournament
- Regular season includes six (6) divisional opponents and two (2) crossover opponents (4 home/4 away)
- One (1) match per week – play dates will be either Friday, Saturday or Sunday based on campus activities & television.
- Matches may move to Thursday on the fifth weekend of the season for make-up dates.
- 14-team Conference Tournament – Nov. 13-22, Orange Beach, Alabama; each team guaranteed at least two (2) matches
- Conference-only season runs weekend of October 16-November 27
- Six (6) weeks of competition
- Compete against four (4) opponents; same opponent twice in the same weekend
- Eight (8) total matches
GOLF AND TENNIS
- Teams may compete in up to three team events
- Competition can take place no earlier than October 1
- Teams are limited to events involving only SEC members or non-conference teams from the school’s geographic region