Scoop Lemond says Jedrick Wills to Bama

jedrick-wills

We don’t call him “Scoop Lemond” for nothing, folks. While five-star offensive tackle Jedrick Wills told other reporters he wasn’t going to make his college announcement tonight, our own Ryan Lemond tweeted this cryptic hint that all but assures the Lafayette star is headed to Alabama:

This news isn’t surprising; Kentucky was in the hunt for Wills until a month or so ago, but Alabama did as Alabama does and pulled ahead as the heavy favorite. It’s not over until it’s over, but, well, it looks like it’s over.

Best of luck to you, Jedrick. Make us proud.

17 Comments for Scoop Lemond says Jedrick Wills to Bama

1. Bluegrass7914
    11:22 pm August 19, 2016 Permalink

Losing this guy is inexcusable. Fun Kentucky football. You can win if you can’t recruit your own. I’m wipe my hands

• LexVal
      11:41 pm August 19, 2016 Permalink

You’re an idiot. It’s Bama dude. There’s only so much a program like us can do agaisnt them and we have even won a few. Shit happens.

2. woohop1
    12:16 am August 20, 2016 Permalink

I for one am not rushing to give best wishes to Wils for his decision to go to Bama. IMO he was too afraid that he would take a back-seat to Landon at Left OT and took a cheaper way out. I all in on UK and have no apology for saying adios for anyone short of going to Big Blue,

• shelby
      10:40 am August 20, 2016 Permalink

Lol. He’s not afraid of being behind Landon young; Alabama has 10 Landon youngs in their roster. He would just rather be a small part of a big program than be a HUGE part of a building program. I don’t hold it against him. But without wills Bama will go 10-2 or 12-0…with him they go 10-2 or 12-0; he makes zero difference there. He could make a HUGE difference at UK. It’s about wangling to make a difference.

• Well said Shelby, and it’s also about rings for kids who go to Bama for oblong ball.

3. ky1988
    7:04 am August 20, 2016 Permalink

Cats will be okay. This shows difference between this year’s classes and last classes. Them Kentucky boys where loyal to Kentucky. Like they said why got to mansion when you build a house. Have fun setting on bench at Obama and most likely get lost in rotation because they will bring in better players then you.

4. GACAT
    8:06 am August 20, 2016 Permalink

Bluegrass, well said. I just do not understand the lack of instate loyalty. I will not be rooting for Wills.

5. serdi
    9:11 am August 20, 2016 Permalink

See Eric Bledsoe – Birmingham
    See Demarcus Cousins – Mobile

What’s the difference in reverse?

• ky1988
      9:37 am August 20, 2016 Permalink

I am glad they came and brought basketball power house back. They weren’t loyal to there home state.

• I agree, and that has been pointed out a million times by KSR writers, commenters, and MJ and company on the radio show. I don’t blame Wills (or Damien Harris) at all if he goes to Bama. They’re the Rolls Royce program in football just like we are in bball.

However, I am also in the camp that does NOT wish him good luck if he goes anywhere else, especially in the conference. He’s the enemy at that point. Absolutely no ill will is wished, but I’m not sending him flowers either.

Remember, it’s not personal, it’s personnel.

• In fact, the first person I remember pointing out that dynamic was Oscar Combs. He was talking about the decision Couch was about to make to choose either UK or UT, and he pointed out that Ron Mercer left Tennessee to come to UK. So, this dynamic was in play even before Cal. UK has always been able to recruit 5 stars nationally in bball just like Bama in oblong ball.

6. dshwildcats
    10:08 am August 20, 2016 Permalink

I will never wish ill will on an 18 year kid. But as has already been mentioned, I’m not going to be blowing this guy kisses on his way out the door, either!

It is very difficult to blame a kid from any state, not just Kentucky, for choosing Alabama. When you consider their tradition, history and current success, how can you blame a kid for wanting to go there? We had a great year last year convincing kids like Young, Jackson and Daniel to stay at home. If we can begin to put up a few more wins each year, I think we’ll have more kids like Willis choosing to stay in state.

7. McCat
    10:17 am August 20, 2016 Permalink

I respect and appreciate the KY guys that choose to be loyal to our university–thank you and I look forward to supporting you during your career at UK.

8. greginky
    10:37 am August 20, 2016 Permalink

Hey if he commits and ultimately signs with Alabama then so be it. I won’t wish him or Harris any bad luck, but conversely, I won’t root for him either. I just can’t root for Bama. The only team I hate worse is tOSU. And that moronic t In front of the OSU. Oh and those orange clad thugs to the south of us. This situation is so much different than the Harris one though because at least this kid had enough class not to play us so I do give him kudos for that.

• shelby
      10:44 am August 20, 2016 Permalink

Agreed, Damien Harris just flat used coach stoops and company. He knew all along he was going to Bama, but took advantage of uk to get on the field during intros, get special treatment, etc… I could be wrong, but it’ll take a lot to convince me otherwise.

• And to get in to bball games.