– In case you didn’t get enough from UK Media to fulfill your fix, peep this Media Day photo gallery from 247.
– Apparently, a few weeks ago at the Louisville kickoff luncheon Mark Stoops said that Matt Elam is always welcome at the Stoops house. One night, during an MMA fight, Elam wore out his welcome and Stoops had to kick him out. Matt tried to explain the situation to Curtis Burch of the Big Blue Insider.
– I’ve been so busy with football this week that I have yet to watch the final Daily Show with Jon Stewart. The New York Times outlines the nine essential moments of his tenure.
– The Charleston Gazette wrote an exceptional piece on Prestonsburg, Kentucky native and current West Virginia GA, Michael Burchett. Burchett has been a part of a UK-WVU flip-flop. They tell his story in detail, but most recently, Burchett was a de facto GA working at UK with the tight ends and quarterbacks. When the Cats picked up Shannon Dawson, Burchett went to WVU to help Dana Holgorson with the offense. The best part of the article…it mentions that Burch never actually played a snap at quarterback. I was actually there for his last snap at quarterback…I may have sacked him to end his high school career…and I may have reminded him frequently after we became friends at UK. (P.S. To be fair, he was the best high school quarterback in the state of Kentucky in ’09.)
– Earlier this week was the 70th anniversary of the atomic bomb dropping on Hiroshima. Vice went back to atom bomb’s test site in New Mexico with one of the last survivors of the Manhattan Project. I believe “fascinating” would be the appropriate way to describe the piece.
– Yesterday, Norwood Teague resigned from his post as athletic director of the University of Minnesota in the midst of a sexual harassment scandal. Well, Deadspin got ahold of all the juicy details, including sexts from Teague that are embarrassing and NSFW.