Lots of news floating around today. Don’t forget Tyler will have a complete recap of the Women’s Clinic in a few hours, so keep checking back for that. Until then, here are some links to start off your morning reading:
– While Kentucky has a great offensive line ahead of them with next year’s recruiting class, Stoops seems to just be hoping the line can step up a little bit this year. He believes the key is Geroge Asafo-Adjiei who joined the team in the spring. Read a couple quotes from him on Vaughts Views here.
– Not University of Kentucky related, but still important. Sun Belt commissioner Karl Benson told a Louisiana newspaper this week that Eastern Kentucky has been in contact about maybe joining.
– Murray isn’t the only Cat doing well in the Pan Am games, Kentucky track and field sophomore Sha’Kella Saunders claimed the bronze medal while competing for the US in the long jump at the games Friday. Saunders needed her sixth and final attempt to vault skip from eighth place into medal position entering the last round. She grabbed third place after reaching 21-feet, 10.75 inches.
– Guy Ramsey wrote up some notes on the Stoops luncheon. If you are still looking for information on the event, it’s a great read.
– Finally, ICYMI, it’s probably best Donnie Tyndall picked a life of wrestling over college athletics because the NCAA has outlined serious rules violations committed during his tenure at Southern Miss. The charges range from academic credit to obstructing a governing body’s investigations. There were seven alleged Level I violations. I hate to think it, but I hope this didn’t flow over to his time at Tennessee.