Saturday Morning Links brought to you by Colin Cowherd’s smug face, which I can only assume he made while watching John Wall dismantle the Toronto Raptors in a playoff game, again. Seriously, how has this guy not changed his mind on Wall?
– Speaking of one of Kentucky’s favorite sons, Wall had himself a night in leading the Wizards to a 3-0 lead over the Raptors in the first round of the playoffs. Eric Freeman at Yahoo says Wall has proven he’s the best player in the series, no questions asked.
– There’s plenty of talent in Lexington right now thanks to the Nike EYBL event at KBA. Only 300 fans will be allowed into the event at a time so there’s not overflow, especially with a large contingent of coaches in the arena. Kentucky targets playing in the event include Harry Giles, Jayson Tatum, Malik Monk and Udoka Azubuike.
– Ben Roberts had plenty of good things to say after watching Udoka Azubuike – no relation to Kelenna – at the Nike EYBL event. Azubuike is a 6’11”, 265 pound prospect, who showed a ton of strength in attacking the rim last night, almost looking as if he was going to snap one in half.
– NFL.com is reporting Bud Dupree will workout for the Washington Redskins, who hold the No. 5 pick. Dupree’s stock has been soaring over the last couple of the weeks and if this report is true, the thought that Dupree could go No. 5 is unbelievable. The workout will take place in Macon, Ga., just outside Dupree’s hometown.
– Kentucky baseball picked up a 5-0 win win at No. 5 Florida thanks to Zack Brown and his seven innings of shutout pitching. Every person in Kentucky’s lineup recorded a win as the Bat Cats moved to 24-16 on the year and 9-9 in SEC play.