Skip to content

Kentucky Sports Radio

University of Kentucky Basketball, Football, and Recruiting news brought to you in the most ridiculous manner possible.

Saturday Morning Links


Even though Matt Elam is pushing his decision back to National Signing Day, Wescott Eberts of SB Nation decided to chronicle his long and winding recruiting path to date. Elam was originally scheduled to make his selection during halftime of the game which begins at 1 pm ET on NBC.

WTVQ had the chance to sit down with Mark Stoops and get his opinion on recruiting. While he likes JUCO players to fill the immediate voids, Stoops believes that high school players like Drew Barker and Matt Elam help build a more sturdy program.

In case you haven’t heard by now, Charlie Strong will reportedly be the next head football coach at the University of Texas. It was first reported by Bobby Burton of 247 Sports, but has been yet to be confirmed by an official source. However, KSR favorite Pete Thamel, reported that Texas and Strong agreed in principle to a deal that would pay Strong nearly $5 million per year for five years. He was told by a “high ranking Texas official.”

NFL Draft guru Mel Kiper may be busy making his 2014 mock drafts, but he recently took some time out of his busy schedule to praise last year’s batch of rookies – including former Wildcat, Larry Warford. Kiper ranked Warford as the 10th best rookie overall. ($)

The Green Bay Packers are not only prepping to do battle with San Francisco on the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field tomorrow, but they’re also looking to get Randall Cobb re-involved in the offense. ESPN recently had the chance to talk with Cobb about what he expects from the offense when he’s fully featured once again.

Article written by Jonathan Schuette

5 Comments for Saturday Morning Links

  1. IBe4UL
    10:23 am January 4, 2014 Permalink

    Strong could not stay at UL now that he has met with Texas about their job without asking UL A.D. for OK. He had better keep moving at this point. (L 1 C U later)

  2. gottodoit
    11:06 am January 4, 2014 Permalink

    Charlie Strong, according to a news report, coached 52 games at Louisville (37-15).

    By my unofficial calculation only about 10% of the Cardinals’ opponents during Strong’s tenure were ranked nationally (that computes to an average of one or two ranked teams per season). The remaining 90% of the teams Louisville played not only were unranked, but were ranked well below the Top 50. In other words, Strong has never been challenged.

    In Texas (where I assume they did the simple math I attempted), he will be asked to step up. Wish him well.

  3. Optikat
    11:24 am January 4, 2014 Permalink

    Good article about Mallory Blackwelder

    7:53 pm January 4, 2014 Permalink

    Ok, let’s say you have a credt card Visa you are not letting yielded.
    And if you sit — if you get downwards to pay downwards your proportion, which people get control of
    credit card debt they cannot yield to pay.