Sanctions Could Keep Onauku from Returning to UofL

Jamie Rhodes | USA Today

Jamie Rhodes | USA Today

Jamie Rhodes | USA Today

Louisville forward Chinanu Onauku is currently in the process of deciding between heading to the NBA, or returning for his third season at UofL.  His draft outlook is unclear, hoping to use the NBA Combine to impress scouts and move near first round status.

During interviews in Chicago, he was back and forth on where he stood, but he does have concerns about returning to school.  After a postseason ban in 2016, he told Eric Crawford he’s worried that the Cards aren’t just yet in the clear.

“I feel like there’s more coming. I’m not sure if there is, but I feel like there’s more coming. Because the NCAA ain’t banned us, it was the school. They’re probably going to do something to us, I just don’t know what it is.”

Asked if that weighed onto his decision, he said, “Yeah. I thought about that a lot. It edged into my mind. I’m talking to my people about it. They just want me to do what’s best for me and what I think is best.”

You can’t blame him.  It’s difficult to say what’s heading Louisville’s way.

[WDRB]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

9 Comments for Sanctions Could Keep Onauku from Returning to UofL

1. david8577
    11:54 pm May 12, 2016 Permalink

I don’t know how the whole team doesn’t want to leave. Who in their right mind wants to be associated with underaged sex slaves? Name the first things that come to mind when you say “University of Louisville”. It’s underaged sex slaves, families of street whores, and very dirty ceilings.

2. Larry Pratt
    5:54 am May 13, 2016 Permalink

I’ll bet the UL message boards are eating this kid alive.

3. symphonist41169
    8:14 am May 13, 2016 Permalink

“It’s difficult to say what’s heading Louisville’s way.”

—– A platoon of FedEx trucks carrying cases of penicillin shots?

4. UKsuperdave
    8:37 am May 13, 2016 Permalink

UL is in the ACC now. Nothing is going to happen. Ask UNC or the other school in N.C.

5. leon singleton
    9:20 am May 13, 2016 Permalink

Louisville should get less sanctions then what North Carolina is getting.

• david8577
      11:57 am May 13, 2016 Permalink

What UNC did was awful, blatant cheating. However, what UL did represents all that is wrong with the world as a whole. In a fair world, the entire university should be shutdown for crimes against humanity. The Yum center should be turned into a shelter for sex slaves across the globe, a place where they can come to rebuild their lives. This would be just punishment.

• Bobbum Man
      12:50 pm May 13, 2016 Permalink

Well u say this everytime this is brought up… And I do agree win your. UNC should get the death penalty, UL should have its title vacated and all wins stripped that were won with players involved in scandal