Sacha Killeya-Jones threw down some ridiculous dunks last night

@JamieShaw5

Need an afternoon pick-me-up to get you to game time? Last night, future Cat Sacha Killeya-Jones did his part to hype UK’s 2016 class with some ridiculous dunks in his team’s win over Amelia Academy. Highlight time:

A video posted by @coachdalton23 on

Are we sure that rim’s regulation height??

11 Comments for Sacha Killeya-Jones threw down some ridiculous dunks last night

1. Neal Orac
    3:20 pm December 9, 2015 Permalink

Geez, it does look like he’s dunking on a 9ft rim.

2. BookerK
    3:21 pm December 9, 2015 Permalink

After watching all these highlights it is hard to conjure in memory any single team with more individual athletic/acrobatic/rim-rattling dunking potential. It is really quite ridiculous. Every single one of those guys brings some noteworthy signature dunking potential-incredible. I can see now why Calapari said this class could be the best, because they could potentially put on a show we’ve never seen before…..from every position on the floor.

3. Biglaw Dawgin'
    3:24 pm December 9, 2015 Permalink

You know you’re legit when you’re pulling off jams like this and your bench is so used to seeing it that they don’t even bother to clap. Except #10’s half-hearted attempt to fake excitement.

4. Badboy
    3:46 pm December 9, 2015 Permalink

No doubt he’s good, but look at the size of the opponents.

5. Blue_Cat75
    3:51 pm December 9, 2015 Permalink

Every tall basketball player can dunk. These “highlights” don’t impress. Show me guys hitting shots, free throws, passing, playing their position, etc. Save the “highlights” for the middle school fans.

• theWilkman
      3:55 pm December 9, 2015 Permalink

I’m with this guy. Let’s see a supercut of him performing flawless bounce passes. THAT’S excitement!

• Neal Orac
      4:11 pm December 9, 2015 Permalink

Get off my lawn!!!!

6. RealCatsFan
    4:30 pm December 9, 2015 Permalink

Aside from an absolutely awesome last name (I-Killeya-Jones), this kid “gets it” when it comes to appreciating what Big Blue Basketball is all about. I was at the game that he attended earlier this year, and he hung around for close to an hour and patiently signed what must have been a hundred autographs. In fact, he seemed to be basking in the interest from the fans, and he hasn’t even put on a UK uniform yet. I think he is going to be a fan favorite next year. And keep in mind that he is probably the least touted of the recruits – so far.

7. The Rest of the story
    6:16 pm December 9, 2015 Permalink

Dunks? Who cares about that, almost every recruit does that I wanna see a recruit that can knock down 3’s. As we saw at UCLA a zone destroys the dunk game when 3s will open up the whole floor. Please Call everybody else has 3 point shooters but seems every year we hit really low % of 3s.

• cats paw
      7:31 pm December 9, 2015 Permalink

Man I really think you’re the only person in this homer state that really gets it! Every game we have played thus far… The best player on the floor was a slow white boy! The Philadelphia 76ers have gotten the very best “talent” in the world for about 4 yrs in a row and they couldn’t beat a good college team. The Spurs have got one 1st round pick on their team and dominate most pro teams. We need Wiltcher!!!

• MegatonRange
      8:46 pm December 9, 2015 Permalink

Cal just doesn’t recruit shooters & it’s probably cost us a couple of titles. You can be super athletic, but once they pack the zone, you have to be able to drain threes….or even twos.