Ryan Lemond stabbed a basketball signed by Rick Pitino with a frog gig

Because that’s what we do here at KSR.

The ball was donated by Gibson, who said he doesn’t want Pitino’s “Best Wishes” anymore.

Article written by Drew Franklin

39 Comments for Ryan Lemond stabbed a basketball signed by Rick Pitino with a frog gig

1. Grow up
    11:13 am August 1, 2014 Permalink

I wish I was as cool as you guys!

2. pfife
    11:15 am August 1, 2014 Permalink

Still can’t believe that UK allowed that wildcat ‘tongue.’

3. stupid
    11:22 am August 1, 2014 Permalink

Yeah because that was the mature thing to do there. How about using your so called status and auctioning it off for charity. You could have easily made some good money for a charity. But that thought would never have come across your mind. It is much easier to be selfish than to do a bit of work and do some good.

• UpperSectionStudent
      11:29 am August 1, 2014 Permalink

Please shut up. Go yell at kids who are out past 10 or something you curmudgeon.

• Drew Franklin
      11:54 am August 1, 2014 Permalink

It’s Gibson’s ball and this is what he wanted.

• Ghost of the Pitino Ball
      12:07 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

Why are you sitting here commenting on a website when you can be out doing charity work? But that thought would never have come across your mind. It is much easier to be selfish than to do a bit of work and do some good.

• Drew Franklin
      12:37 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

Haha

• TruthIS
      12:47 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

The Truth Is you could be doing charity work of your own instead of reading and commenting on KSR. Hypocrite

• Go Home
      4:21 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

You’re drunk…

4. Giggity Giggity
    11:37 am August 1, 2014 Permalink

Destroy a ball autographed by a hall of fame coach who happened to win a championship while coaching your favorite team? Idiotic.

• Jay_Postoasties
      12:35 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

I know right?! They should have gigged you.

5. UK1983
    11:38 am August 1, 2014 Permalink

Good for Gibson!!!!!

6. OldCat
    11:44 am August 1, 2014 Permalink

Really? Look, I have 2 signed UK balls in my collection. Like it or not, Pitino is a part of our PAST! I am grateful for what he did for our program when we were at our lowest. Now, he is with our biggest rival and I want to beat his a** every time we play them. I do not root for him at any time, or care for his mistakes in his personal life, but he is a big part of our history. He has my respect in that regards.

7. inlinefor9
    11:45 am August 1, 2014 Permalink

Question for Ryan:

Should the speed limit for all interstate/highways/etc be raised to one standard speed, and if so, what speed and why?

8. Blane artrip
    12:07 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

Matt really your drawings for tickets sucks really not rigged Louisville game again on the last day again, what are the odds STOP it’s so obvious let the participants drawn out or someone in the crowd not you or anybody affiliated with the program and show people that all the names are in the hat that would be nice

• catdaddyd
      1:26 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

Do you even listen to the show? The original tickets were given away earlier, stop 3 I beliive, guy on the corner gave another pair.

9. AlpharettaCat
    12:08 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

I think it should be raised to 75 MPH personally.

10. tim
    12:41 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

Matt you specifically said Monday that you were going to ask caipari about his flirtations with the Nba and you failed miserably to do so. Anybody with any journalism integrity can see that yours has been compromised. You asked softball questions that resemble a political fundraiser questions. Im sure I sspeak on behalf of all intelligent bbners that you conducted a pathetic interview

• catdaddyd
      1:22 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

You don’t speak for me. Cal was catching a plane back from Vegas and wanted to announce the winner. There’s a place and time.

11. TruthIS
    12:49 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

I LOVE how you all destroyed that ball! Pitino is a Card. I’ve destroyed all of the UK memorabilia with Pitino as well.

12. UK Fan Dan
    12:50 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

That was a good ball until Pitino signed it. You did exactly what needed to be done to the ball.

LOUISVILLE SUCKS! Pitino can’t even beat Calipari at UK. LOL

13. Wildcat
    12:51 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

Pitino, Petrino, and Jurich aren’t exactly winning any ethical points with God. They all have failed at living a good christian life

14. Pitino Ball Poop
    12:52 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

That ball should’ve been sunk to the bottom of a lake

15. Karon Syphor
    12:54 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

What was wrong with that ball? That was good looking ball but you had to go popping it and 15 sec later it was flat. smh

16. UL sucks
    12:55 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

Why can’t Pitino beat Calipari?

17. UL truth
    12:56 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

Did you know that Pitino has coached 7 fivestar players at UL and only two of them where drafted.

18. UL truth
    12:57 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

Card Hard LOL

19. Jewelielou
    1:25 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

Ryan looks like Poseidon in that first picture.

20. Dubbya
    1:27 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

This kinda seems petty, like when you break up with your girlfriend and break all the stuff she gave you because “You’re over her”. Weather you like it or not Pitino was a major part of UK history, he brought us back from the lowest point in program history and won us a championship. This really makes us as a fan base look bad.

21. Happy
    1:30 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

It makes me happy to see that basketball destroyed. Big Blue Nation has no room for anything Pitino

22. Wow
    2:05 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

The butthurt runs deep in BBN.

23. How Quickly We Forget
    3:00 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

My second favorite team of all-time was the ’96 national champion Wildcats and if I remember correctly they were coached by a guy named Rick Pitino. I also remember a guy named Rick Pitino dragging a shamed and embarrassed UK program out of the basement and back to the promise land. I’m curious to see how quickly everyone jumps off the John Calipari band wagon if/when he decides to go to Cleveland. Fickle we are and fickle we will be. Why aren’t we stabbing a UCONN basketball? That’s the team that seems to have our number.

• Not the same
      4:25 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

IF Cal leaves, we will always love him unless one of two things happen…

1. He comes back to coach at another college program that we hate (Louisville or Puke)

2. Somewhere in the future we are sanctioned or put on probation (with FF’s and Ships vacated) b/c of something he did.

I don’t see either of the above happening, folks.

• Not the same
      4:25 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

To your last point…I agree. SOMEONE FIND THAT UCONN BASKETBALL..

24. ukbradstith
    3:27 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

Podcast?

25. Rick Pitino
    4:22 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

I hope that’s the last piece of UK memorabilia signed by me. How can I sport this awesome “L” tattoo with stuff like this floating around?

#L1C…I can’t even do it guys, I just can’t

26. Tamara Yaro
    7:24 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

All I can say is WOW……alas Coach Cal.

27. bleedingblue
    7:45 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

Thats pretty ignorant to stab a ball given to you by the former UK coach many years ago.

28. Beau
    10:53 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

aww man! and it was a Penis-tongue ball, too!