Ryan Lemond and Tony Vanetti take over KSR (Wednesday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Matt’s in Los Angeles for a few days, so Ryan Lemond and Tony Vanetti are going to take you through today’s show. Tune in to hear their take on tomorrow’s game against Arkansas and Tony’s son’s rivalry with Shannon the Dude.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

21 Comments for Ryan Lemond and Tony Vanetti take over KSR (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:46 am January 20, 2016 Permalink

Ugh. Who is ready for the snow madness on Friday/Saturday? Maybe you can get Chris Bailey to call in!

Can we all guess what Uncle Matt is doing out in LA? Reality cooking show? Ha.

2. Realme
    10:10 am January 20, 2016 Permalink

Lex roads 30 mins ago were terrible. It’s like they found a way to make them worse than they should be for the amount of snow. If you are one of those people who always wishes it would snow, we can’t be friends. I hate it that much.

• J-Dub421
      10:26 am January 20, 2016 Permalink

I hate snow too, and the roads in Louisville are pretty crappy right now, and it’s still snowing. I can’t believe more businesses aren’t closed. I almost slid off the road three times on my way to work.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:34 am January 20, 2016 Permalink

Somerset sucks as well. Had to get a ride to work from a buddy this morning and I’m a dude. Embarrassing.

• Realme
      10:38 am January 20, 2016 Permalink

I seriously thought about turning around and going back home, but knew it was supposed to end early today, and Friday is supposed to be worse, so I didn’t. At least we’re all at our destination safe. 🙂

• CATandMONKEY
      10:47 am January 20, 2016 Permalink

Hardin county roads were covered but not slippery at 0700 today. Personally love the snow, having grown up in Northern NE. If I weren’t headed to sleep right now I would probably be driving around for fun.
      After 24 years down here, I realize why everyone hates winter…it sucks here. Not enough snow to ski, sled or snowmobile. Never cold enough regularly to skate and play hockey. Cool, wet and gray all winter. I get the hatred for winter but days like today bring happiness.

• @BallBlog_Chad
      11:27 am January 20, 2016 Permalink

it’s really cold and it sucks, but I don’t think the roads in Lex are bad at all … I was at the gym at 530 and was at work by 900 … driven all over the place, just a little slower

3. CATandMONKEY
    10:55 am January 20, 2016 Permalink

Vanetti is the lone, sane voice of Louisville media. I still miss his meltdowns though.

• Realme
      10:57 am January 20, 2016 Permalink

I like him. Would listen to his show if he wasn’t talking about Louisville. Think Freddie should be on more too.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:04 am January 20, 2016 Permalink

Freddie is awesome. I once put him ” only” in the category of blogger. I stand corrected. He is a writer and a great on-air talent. We are lucky to have him. I will listen to ” The Underdogs” when there is a good controversy. The UofL homers that call Vanetti’s show make even the most idiotic UK fans appear reasonable. Delusion really is almost a requirement in order to cheer for the Cards.

4. CATandMONKEY
    10:59 am January 20, 2016 Permalink

What is the subject of Matt’s secret meeting ? KSR Reality show? Hybrid of the Bachelor and KSR? Drunk History as told by Ryan? There is GOLD in them thar hills.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:03 am January 20, 2016 Permalink

I’m still waiting on 24 hours of Ryan Lemond Radio.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:06 am January 20, 2016 Permalink

…from a secret remote location near Waddy-Peytona….cue werewolf sound effects.

5. Laker Cat 18
    11:06 am January 20, 2016 Permalink

This is a random question. Where is Marc Maggard at these days? Don’t know what made me think of that.

6. CATandMONKEY
    11:10 am January 20, 2016 Permalink

Landon may already be my favorite player for this season…Just from this call.

• J-Dub421
      11:15 am January 20, 2016 Permalink

I already like him, Drake, and Kash. All three seem pretty grounded, despite their obvious talent.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:18 am January 20, 2016 Permalink

Drake’s little brother is an 8th grader. Drake will tell you he is better than he was at that age. The Jackson bloodline could last more than 4 years for Kentucky if Stoops plays his cards right.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:19 am January 20, 2016 Permalink

Like all three, but this kid is beyond ridiculous. I am almost pulling a Freddie listening to this interview.

• Realme
      11:20 am January 20, 2016 Permalink

I’ve been looking for reasons to be positive about the next couple seasons. These guys do give me hope. I think they will make us all proud.

7. Laker Cat 18
    11:16 am January 20, 2016 Permalink

I kind of thought Landon was a bit overrated, but the last 2 or 3 weeks have changed my perspective completely. He is much better than I thought he was. Looking forward to seeing him in the blue and white.

8. CATandMONKEY
    11:21 am January 20, 2016 Permalink

Someday, Matt may reflect on his greatest KSR guests and Landon Young may eclipse the guys mentioned yesterday.