Ryan and Jared fill in as the tour takes a break (Thursday Show Thread)

The Kentucky Sports Radio radio tour is on a brief hiatus while we attack Las Vegas this weekend, but we left the show in good hands with Jared Lorenzen and Ryan Lemond today. They’ll split the hosting duties to recap UK’s appearance at SEC Media Days.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

The show will be back on the road Monday…

July 20: Whitesburg — Pine Mountain Grill
July 21: Manchester — Clay County Middle School
July 22: Somerset — Sleep Outfitters
July 23: Harlan — Core Fitness
July 24: Fort Wright — Dickmann’s Sports Bar

July 27: Campbellsville — Mr. Gatti’s
July 28: Owensboro — Don Moore GM Center
July 29: Benton — Kennedy’s Fan Shop
July 30: Paducah — Buffalo Wild Wings
July 31: Fancy Farm

August 3: Bowling Green — Chaney’s Dairy Barn
August 4: McKee — Old Courthouse Community Room
August 5: Glasgow — Papa John’s
August 6: Jamestown — Lawless-Smith True Value and Appliance Center (Russell Springs)
August 7: Monticello — Conley Bottom Resort

August 10: Frankfort — Governor’s Mansion
August 11: Maysville — Laurel Oaks Golf Course
August 12: Danville — Sun Tropic Outdoors
August 13: Lexington — All Sports at Fayette Mall
August 14: Louisville

gotc-ksr

GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com is giving away UK basketball and football tickets at every tour stop this summer. That’s 33 chances to win, and all you have to do is come out to listen to your favorite radio show. That’s so easy even Ryan Lemond could do it!

Article written by Drew Franklin

26 Comments for Ryan and Jared fill in as the tour takes a break (Thursday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:45 am July 16, 2015 Permalink

Sorry, I was out yesterday and out at the dentist. Not fun.

Should be a good show!

2. Franklinstein
    10:10 am July 16, 2015 Permalink

Jared looks like he could still play

• Laker Cat 18
      10:12 am July 16, 2015 Permalink

J-Lo is a very large human being.

3. Laker Cat 18
    10:11 am July 16, 2015 Permalink

Just out of curiosity, what happened to the dog?

• J-Dub421
      10:50 am July 16, 2015 Permalink

I would think nothing happened to the dog. Ryan pet an unattended dog that was hanging its head out of someone’s car.

• realme
      10:53 am July 16, 2015 Permalink

They said the owner didn’t even know anything had happened and drove away.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:02 am July 16, 2015 Permalink

OK, I missed that part of the initial story.

4. Interesting to hear Jared talk about Media Days. Here in Montgomery, one of the local talk show hosts and his sidekick go to MD every year. The year Jared was there, one of them said (on the air that week) he thought he saw an O lineman walking in, and he asked someone “Who’s that” and they said “That’s the Kentucky quarterback!” 🙂

He knew about Lorenzen before that but had no idea just how big he was until that day!

Jared is the bomb!!!

5. ukblue22
    10:26 am July 16, 2015 Permalink

Can I get tickets to the induction ceremony?

6. realme
    10:28 am July 16, 2015 Permalink

That is the dumbest reason to become a fan of a team I’ve ever heard.

7. I just checked out the T shirt site. Jared better be careful, because if Apple can sue Samsung over rounded corners, I’m certain he’ll be hearing from Pillsbury over that shirt if they get wind of it.

• realme
      10:52 am July 16, 2015 Permalink

He had a “Patty Ice” shirt on the site the first day, but then took it down when people pointed out that he shouldn’t be using a current player’s identity to make money. I have a feeling there will be a lot of ideas they put up and then have to pull.

• Also interesting that he was (rightly) somewhat critical of Bruce Jenner getting that award and he’s got a Kentucky t-shirt with a rainbow. I’ll pass.

• realme
      11:09 am July 16, 2015 Permalink

I don’t know how you pick anybody over Lauren Hill for an award about courage.

• It’s because ESPN is every bit as left wing as CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, the firing of Olberman notwithstanding.

• J-Dub421
      11:14 am July 16, 2015 Permalink

You can support the LGBT community without finding Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner courageous. I don’t care that Bruce Jenner had gender reassignment surgery, but I don’t find it courageous to have elective surgery to make yourself happy.

• ukblue22
      1:26 pm July 16, 2015 Permalink

Don’t think Apple has trademarked the rainbow yet.

8. J-Dub421
    10:48 am July 16, 2015 Permalink

I can’t wait to see what CJ Conrad can do on the field. Everyone raves about him.

9. J-Lo getting thrown out of Jimmy John’s reminds me of the oft told legend of the Chinese buffet that threw some guys out and said “You been here for FOUR HOUR (sic)!”

Of course in his case it was the coaches not the owner since JJ’s is not a buffet!

• CATandMONKEY
      11:34 am July 16, 2015 Permalink

That was a comedy bit by the not-so-tiny-himself, John Pinnett . “You go NOW!”

10. Random note: the “Show Thread” is still SO dead. I don’t understand why they don’t read from it as well as Twitter. I finally got on Twitter just to tweet the show/site (on the PC only, not my smartphone), but my account got locked up after only 1 tweet. It’s only because I tried cutting & pasting one of my comments from here a while back, and now they think someone tried to hack my account.

They want me to enter my cell number to unlock it. No thank you.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:44 am July 16, 2015 Permalink

I refuse to be limited to 140 characters. I will accept that most of my comments, along with most others here, will remain ignored.

Remember when Matt used to come out of nearly every break with “…The Show Thread is hopping ” ?
      T’is been a long while since the thread has hopped.

• J-Dub421
      11:52 am July 16, 2015 Permalink

I know they ignore the show thread. I mostly just show up here to enjoy conversing with all you fine people. 🙂