Russ Yeast Commits to Louisville

Craig Yeast’s son will not follow in his father’s footsteps to Kentucky.

A three-star wide receiver/defensive back, Russ Yeast committed to Kentucky in July of 2015.  Almost a year later in June, he decided his father’s alma mater was not meant for him.

“I just don’t feel like it is the best situation for me. Some people can’t see why because my parents played sports there and all but in the end I’m the one going to school,” Yeast told The Cats’ Pause.

“Nothing happened between me and the coaching staff that forced me to make my decision nor did any in my family force me to make that decision; unlike what some reporters and people may think. I just need to take some time to back off and fully evaluate some of these other programs and make a proper decision.”

Four months later, Yeast is a Louisville Cardinal.  Louisville was UK’s top competition while he was committed, and the Cardinals’ stock only grew stronger when the season started.  After taking an official visit to UofL this weekend, he had seen enough.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

15 Comments for Russ Yeast Commits to Louisville

1. Kat4Life
    8:29 pm October 24, 2016 Permalink

Not really all that big of a loss……..he will likely play sparingly at UL, and would have at UK as well……

• FBI Informant
      10:19 pm October 24, 2016 Permalink

Kat4Life – Thank you. Thank you very much for being the prototypical “We didn’t want him anyway” moron. Yes, clearly there’s no room on the UK defense that gives up points like a B12 team. So so so so dumb.

2. Rsn2GoBlu
    9:20 pm October 24, 2016 Permalink

I was hoping Lamar Thomas could have swung this one back in our favor. I considered it a big loss back in June when Yeast decommitted. Now that he has committed to UL, it is a bigger loss. Thomas should have been all over the recruitment of Yeast and not busy posting Snapshot pictures of himself with former Miami or UL players.

3. 502CodeRed
    10:02 pm October 24, 2016 Permalink

Cant blame him for wanting to play in a major bowl game before he graduates.
    Welcome to The Ville, Russ.

• Big Kat
      8:52 am October 25, 2016 Permalink

Why are you here? No self-respecting person would willing be a Louisville fan. Congrats, your football team is good but the institution is a national punchline.

• 502CodeRed
      9:13 am October 25, 2016 Permalink

Just congratulating Russ. Why are you here? Shouldn’t you be attacking Craig on Twitter like the other D-bags? Stay classy.

• secrick
      10:02 am October 25, 2016 Permalink

You calling people d-bugs is classy, well coming from a card fan i guess you do think it’s classy , the same way your coaches think cheating on their spouses is classy. Shut up.

• Big Kat
      3:28 pm October 25, 2016 Permalink

It’s a UK fan site. If uofl has those I’d recommend checking them out with the rest of the chinstrap beard-wearing crown royal-drinking crowd.

• Big Kat
      3:30 pm October 25, 2016 Permalink

Odds this dude has a 502 tattoo?

4. BiasedBigfoot
    12:59 am October 25, 2016 Permalink

Hell is a pitch black room with polka music blasting out from unseen speakers while someone with a fake ghetto accent is constantly shouting “The Ville…man. We fans of THE VILLE.”

5. blord40
    8:22 am October 25, 2016 Permalink

Daddy didn’t do something right in raising this guy. My son will grow up knowing that ANY D1 school is better than the unholy Dirty Birds, especially offers from other, bigger programs. I can’t fathom it from the son of the former UK great. I understand wanting to make his own legacy, but geez, do that at Auburn, or Iowa, or Mississippi, or Nebraska, or Alabama…

6. UKfansNKY
    9:40 am October 25, 2016 Permalink

Oh well good luck Kid. No big lose here, he’ll sit there like he would have at KY

7. secrick
    9:59 am October 25, 2016 Permalink

Good luck to the kid, i wish him well. What i don’t understand is how any parent could let their son play football or basketball at louisville. Both teams are dirty and the coaches are both slim but heck you could get a hooker for less of nothing.

8. meeksfor3
    10:05 am October 25, 2016 Permalink

Russ who? I know Craig Yeast but never heard of a Russ Yeast.

9. Howdy Doody
    11:03 am October 25, 2016 Permalink

His Mom also played Basketball at UK.
    BIG LOSS.