Rockcastle County High School brings in the police to prevent senior pranks

For many of us, senior pranks were a part of high school. While I don’t remember my class of 2002 at Danville High School pulling off any hijinks (or if we did, it wasn’t that memorable), senior pranks have been a rite of passage for decades. Well, not anymore, apparently. Schools across the Bluegrass are cracking down, with Rockcastle County High School going as far to bring in police to prevent senior pranks:

First of all, what senior pranks have gone down at Rockcastle County the past few years to warrant this move? Most senior pranks I’ve heard of seem pretty harmless. For instance, according to WKYT, last night, a group of Lexington Catholic students were caught TPing (toilet papering) the trees outside the school. Police didn’t charge them, but made them clean it up. Just good ole fashioned fun, right?

On a whole other level is last year’s senior prank at Henry County, where students created a Craigslist ad that listed the school and the freshman class for sale for $22,000. According to WHAS11, the post read:

“We the administration are forced to sell this beautiful school for cheap because of financial troubles. It is well equipped with fully functional gyms and even an auditorium and full service kitchen. The courtyard in the middle is a little rough but just needs some TLC. The location is excellent and only about 10 minutes from I-71. The entire freshmen class is included in this offer.”

Officials at the school made the senior take the post down, but even they admitted it was all in good fun; I’d go as far to say it was downright clever. But, apparently, no such antics will be tolerated at Rockcastle County High, which seems to have shut down its Facebook page after the backlash from the decision.

Feel free to list the best senior pranks you’ve heard of in the comments.

[LEX18]

32 Comments for Rockcastle County High School brings in the police to prevent senior pranks

1. BigBlueMeade
    12:58 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

My old high school would have every door to the school blocked off by a teacher, administrator, or one of the officers that worked there and we were all forced in through the front door to prevent any “mishaps”. A bit ridiculous but has become the norm.

• suppie
      1:47 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

yeah — st. x does this too. and pays for police officers to monitor campus through the night leading up to the final day of classes.

2. Cousins Fake Tooth
    1:03 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Stupid liberal ran schools.

• keiths
      3:56 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

The intelligent people have to police all these redneck republicans.

• catsarerunnin
      8:34 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Obviously you’re not among the intelligent people.

3. madarchitect
    1:05 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Next time you want to bring politics into something completely unrelated, please think twice to avoid looking like an idiot.

4. doobie brother
    1:16 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

There’s nothing new under the sun but a class several years before me set a greased pig loose in the hallway. The class right before me littered the school with sex toys. I walked into the deans office a day later and she had them all over her office like they were office decorations. Talk about awkward.

5. ClutchCargo
    1:23 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Rockcastle Co. is taking “get off my lawn!!” to a whole new level. This just reinforces my belief that adults are the ones who have changed for the worst, not kids.

6. chrislarkey
    1:29 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

I graduated from the Rock. I think our SR prank was to have a squirt gun fight vs the teachers and storm the school but our Principal CLESTON SAYLOR met us at the front door and pretty much put that down real fast,(if you knew him you did exactly what he said) so we went outside and had a water balloon fight and went home.

But that was also the time of having smoke breaks and kids and teachers would smoke or dip together and most teachers bummed cigs off of students. Great times and they are gone.

• Dee
      3:28 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

That was the plan for this year….a squirt gun fight.

*btw, I remember bumming a dip off of the Health Teacher my freshman year… (true story)

• keiths
      3:58 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Sounds great! you could all die of lung cancer together!

• catsarerunnin
      8:36 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Well you’re the dip expert.

7. KY Teacher
    1:36 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

As a teacher, I do not believe that all adults are to blame, just like all students are not to blame for behavior. However, I have seen all too many times when “play fighting” turns into real fights and joking turns into bullying. The same as words can be taken out of context, actions, which include pranks, can be exaggerated and can get out of hand quickly. A person who is in charge of 900 students must take all precautions necessary. Times of changed, and with that, teenage behavior.

Also, this article was very poorly written.

• Sentient Third Eye
      2:07 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Before these kids enter real life, they need to learn how to have good-natured fun like adults. The tradition of pranking actually served a legitimate educational purpose, as these same kinds of gags are often played on coworkers celebrating anniversaries or retirement.

• ready4nineNOW
      2:46 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Kyteach…. for you to be as critical as you are of this article, you should have looked over your comments before posting. You have SEVERAL grammatical errors. I hope you never teach my child. Other than that, have a great day!

• CATandMONKEY
      3:08 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

“Times of changed…”
      Oh, the irony!

8. highway119
    2:01 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

The absolute best one that I have ever heard of, although it could be urban legend, is a senior class let loose goats in the building, numbered on the side with paint. After finding 1, 2, and 4, the staff spent hours looking for goat #3. The prank was that there was not a goat #3 🙂

• ClutchCargo
      3:00 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

*** slow clap ***

• RealCatsFan
      4:08 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

I’ve heard various versions of this one, some with pigs, some with goats or other critters.

• catsarerunnin
      8:38 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

I always heard it was goat #2…

9. The King
    2:10 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

I always thought the story of these kids letting 72,000 lady bugs loose in the school was pretty funny.

10. Duff86
    3:04 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

I remember we all put our cell phones in our lockers and set the alarm to the same time. Pretty funny that they had to open about 350 lockers to get the phones. There were a pile of phones in the admin office when you went to pick yours up and you just gave a large grin to the Dean.

11. Bleeding Blue
    3:21 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

With a few friends, I filled a truck bed with horse manure. Half of the load got dumped on the front steps of the school, the other half in the principal’s driveway against her garage door. The fire department was called in to hose off the school, and the principal cried when she finally arrived to the office (hours late). She ended up using the manure on her garden, so I think she made out okay.

• RealCatsFan
      4:09 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Not sure if I would be real proud of that one. Should have just stuck with the flaming bag of poo on the front porch and ringing the door.

12. Dee
    3:24 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

I grad. from Rockcastle (yea, I know, Big accomplishment). The only thing our Senior Class did was get stoned……

Also, the prank that was planned was the Seniors were going to bring Water guns to school and spray all the underclassmen….well….somehow…water guns….turned into “Guns”….so…OMG… folks hit the panic button.

13. Dee
    3:32 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

So does this mean that Rockcastle County will get its “County by County” story now?? (you remember how the site was suppose to do a story on all 120 counties????)

(I’m looking at you T.T.)

14. Laker Cat 18
    3:36 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Live chickens, a human slip-n-slide with baby oil, and a lot of incense. I’ll let you guys put it all together.

• RealCatsFan
      4:10 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

You forgot the whipped cream. 😉

• catsarerunnin
      8:49 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Yeah the whole key to that was the “human” slip-n-slide as opposed to the “chicken” slip-n-slide that the chickens were accustomed to playing on. The human slip-n-slide certainly must have confused the chickens more than the baby oil and incense. I can only imagine the looks on the chickens faces.

15. Herby22788
    1:20 am May 12, 2017 Permalink

We had a time capsule that will be dug up here in about 10 years left by a previous senior class as the class gift. Our class dug up said time capsule, and have added a few additions to it with a few years worth of Playboys and a few adult toys, with an empty bottle of Kentucky Gentlemen. We left a note as well signed… Courtesy of the Class of 2006…. I beg for the day for that capsule to be dug up.

• catsarerunnin
      8:11 am May 12, 2017 Permalink

Classy

• RealCatsFan
      9:42 am May 12, 2017 Permalink

I thought Playboy no longer had nude models. Should have stuck with Penthouse.