Rick Pitino texts Terry Meiners, wants you to feel sorry him

Rick Pitino is forever the victim, according to Rick Pitino.

Today, Pitino sent a text to his good buddy Terry Meiners to tell him this will be the saddest weekend of his life. Meiners then shared Pitino’s text for all to see:

I’m sure Rick will have a sad weekend without basketball, and he should because it has been his entire life.

But do we feel sorry for him? Not this guy. He’s played the victim role one too many times.

He brought it on himself.

Article written by Drew Franklin

36 Comments for Rick Pitino texts Terry Meiners, wants you to feel sorry him

1. Realme
    12:08 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

Team Drew on this one. If you take into account that literally everything his says is a lie, he doesn’t even feel sad anyways. But if he did, well deserved.

• ukkatzfan
      12:22 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

I am NOT Team Drew on this one. Drew has showed to much “love” for Coach-2 in my book. Coach-2 should have quit UK after 96. But even by then, he thought UK was all about him. That is the GREAT thing about Cal. Cal knows we are just “Really Crazy” about UK. And now all know that Coach-2 is a Number 2.

2. ClutchCargo
    12:12 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

Coach-2’s is a master in the ways of getting the media to suck up to him and be manipulated. Literally nothing I could hear about Coach-2 today would surprise me at all.

• Catlogic15
      4:25 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

Rick, you reap what you sow just like Charles Manson and John Dillinger. And you’re tweet?, you have an angle. You always do.

3. Bluebloodtoo
    12:17 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

All those guys that are currently in jail had sad days too. Did Mr Pitino feel bad for them? Nope. Suck it up Pitino. Stop playing the sympathy card. They only way you get respect from now on is to own your baggage.

4. lexslamman
    12:24 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

You know what? I might have been able to feel sorry for Pitino despite the fact that he coached the most hated basketball program in the universe for graduates of my alma mater, the only school that ranks above the lowdowndirtysnitches and the Loosiers in despicable crudity and ugliness. Pitino had a great run at UK, left the school better than he found it and used the UK brand to change college basketball forever.

But this guy is a lying, vindictive, narcissistic jerk. The best thing about this scandal so far has been watching Pitino’s sudden downfall.

5. AllBlueAllDay
    12:25 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

No one going to address the elephant in the room… how can we even remotely feel sorry for a guy that says “n I”?

• LegggoooCats
      12:27 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

He’s trying to keep up with the millennials.

• LegggoooCats
      12:28 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

It’s hard work being a 400yr old vampire and keeping up with the current lingo 24/7.

• Booby Petrino
      12:48 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

hahahaha yes, AllBlue…my thoughts exactly!

6. LegggoooCats
    12:25 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

Terry Meiners need to go ahead and change his Twitter pic… that trophy gone bruh!!! Hahahahahahaha

7. JustDanceKatina
    12:28 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

Not exactly bare-knuckled response. Pitino has always been about Pitino first. He has been a spin doctor for so long he does not even know how to be genuine anymore. I will translate – “I am in so deep that I have to mention the victims/players to shift the focus away from my crimes.” Or maybe being the lead story on most networks in a scandal actually does not bother him because it has happened so many times.

8. TakenNotGiven
    12:36 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

Considering all the people that will be adversely affected by his cheating ways, I don’t see how anyone can feel sorry for him. He single handedly screwed over so many people. He never has accepted blame for any of these scandals. This is just another ploy to appeal to people’s emotions and try to get them to feel sorry for him.

9. TakenNotGiven
    12:38 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

He could earn some respect if he publicly claimed responsibility for this and apologized. Otherwise he’s just going to be viewed as a sniveling cheater.

10. binarysolo
    12:39 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

Rick’s been thinking about his players a lot. A whole lot.

11. ukkatzfan
    12:51 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

If I am Coach-2 and truly sorry, I tell my friend in strict confidence that I am sorry. If I am not truly sorry, I scan the media and share with all of the following thinking as Coach-2. 1) A media member of Team-6. (I need to get the city back on my side). 2) A media member that will gossip back and tell my “one true love”. After our love affair in the 90’s, I think I can connive them into loving me again. 3) I need to take my message nationally….on ESPN would be the best. I got Dickie V but that old fart has lost his marbles and I haven’t liked him since he slipped MY Ashley the tongue. Then I start considering U-6 area and realize the twerp Valvano has already started turning on my lap puppet Jurich….so not him. How about Meiners, he hasn’t spilled any beans yet. Hey, Meiners is friends with Matt Jones(senator my a$$) and the little kid from my basketball camp that stalks my plane rides. Oh, Meiners has been on ESPN too this week talking to Bob Ley trying to figure out how Cal is framing me. That’s who I will call then. But first, what chair did I lay my folded silk bikini’s ?

12. BigBlueSkyDog
    12:55 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

Nope, not in a million years. Not if RIPitino is stampeded by a million rabid buffalos, dipped in molasses and covered in fire ants. He is a low down cheat, philanderer, and general sleazeball. Enough of him! Get off the stage, you wore out your welcome a long time ago.

13. catsarerunnin
    1:02 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

Poor Rick. I’m doing a shot of Woodford just for you and your difficult time in life. That plus it’s Friday.

14. RealCatsFan
    1:13 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

Rick, if you are feeling sorry for yourself, good advice is to find someone who is worse off than you and try to help them out. So why don’t you hop in your private jet, fly down to Puerto Rico, and help out some of the poor unfortunate souls down there who have no homes, electricity, food, or water? Your millions of dollars in salary would come in mighty handy to those people. And trust me, you would feel so much better about yourself.

15. secrick
    1:21 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

Meiners would take him back as coach in a second and so would the guy on the afternoon underdogs, not sure of this name. The only guy on the talk shows or media that wouldn’t take him back is Tony Venita . Meiners is in love with Rick.

16. John Henry
    1:32 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

Cry me a river. As far as Terry Meiners is concerned, don’t you dare think about switching your fandom to UK. We do not need your kind.

17. BTracer
    1:45 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

At least he’s not invoking 9/11 again like he did during the Sypher and Stripper scandals. Well, at least not yet.

18. J-Dub421
    2:12 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

Oh Boo Hoo! You know what Rick? If you were really sorry you wouldn’t be trying to bilk U of L out of all the buy-out money in your contract because we all know you’re coach 2. You got caught with your pants down (again!) and still continue to blame others and accept no responsibility for your actions due to your ginormous ego. You made your bed Rick, now lie in it.

19. Sergeant
    2:31 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

Some of you all genuinely enjoy the misery of others more than your own team’s success. I hope Louisville gets what they deserve, but constant basking in another’s misery is like most Louisville fans.

• RealCatsFan
      2:39 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

I am far from basking in the misery of the fan base and the players and people who worked with the program. They are the ones who I feel sorry for. If RP was in fact the “Coach-2” character, then it’s hard to work up any sympathy for him. If he in fact knew nothing about what was going on as he has claimed, then maybe I feel a little bad for him for having his reputation ruined, but news reports are making that sound unlikely. RP is a multimillionaire who has very little to worry about compared to the great majority of humankind. He will be fine. The UofL program on the other hand – that is up for debate.

• ClutchCargo
      2:56 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

Guilty as charged! Now Coach-2 needs to learn to say that. I actually do enjoy the misery of assholes who have made a career of treating people like garbage for their own selfish gain, especially when the misery is self-inflicted. But I don’t enjoy it more than my own team’s success, there just isn’t a game on today. 🙂

• secrick
      3:00 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

Don’t really care what you think about what i think about the cards.

• catsarerunnin
      3:42 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

I think you think what he thinks might stink…

• Bluebloodtoo
      4:02 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

Personally, I feel bad for most of UL because they aren’t to blame for this. Jurich and Pitino, on the other hand, I don’t feel bad for. I feel bad for Pitino’s family. I feel bad for the players at UL (most of them). I feel bad for UL fans. I don’t feel bad for Mr. Pitino AT ALL, because regardless of his immediate knowledge of any of these situations, HE IS RESPONSIBLE for everything that happens in his department. Mr. Pitino has NO SENSE OF RESPONSIBILITY, or at least wants to pretend that he doesn’t. I don’t feel bad for Mr. Jurich either, because all of this stuff happened under his watch also. Personal responsibility is something the rich often get to escape. Mr Pitino has escaped more than his fair share of responsibility. It’s time for karma to catch up with Mr Pitino.

20. kjd
    2:49 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

Not buying from Slick Rick. Still in PR mode. No sympathy from me.

21. Catcasey1
    3:14 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

Acting. is all a act.

22. Bluebloodtoo
    3:25 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

L1Coach-2

• J-Dub421
      3:36 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

#U6C2

23. Bluebloodtoo
    3:36 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

Allowed you to share it or asked you to share it; there’s a difference.

• ClutchCargo
      3:52 pm September 29, 2017 Permalink

Or sent it to a “friend” in the media who just can’t go 5 minutes without dropping the name of his lord and savior, Rick Pitino, so he knows he will immediately want to share it with the world.