You didn’t think Rick Pitino would let the first of the college hoops trials end without a ridiculous statement, did you? After Christian Dawkins’ attorney called Louisville one of the “dirtiest basketball programs in the history of the NCAA” and the judge presiding over the trial said Dawkins and Merl Code covered Pitino’s tracks, Pitino put down his afternoon Greek yogurt and picked up his phone to text Tim Sullivan of The Courier-Journal.

“Here is my response for the 100th time,” Pitino said in a text message from Turkey, where his Greek EuroLeague team plays Friday. “I’ve never in my 40-plus years given any player any incentive to come play for me. Dawkins in a wiretap, along with (former Adidas consultant T.J.) Gassnola and (Bowen’s) dad said I had no knowledge (of) what was going on.

“(If) A polygraph is not good enough, people under oath is not good enough, 20-plus assistants is not good enough, then nothing is. The Southern District of New York used me for publicity, the University of Louisville buried a Hall of Fame career. Let me rest in peace. Please, you have killed enough of my life.

I’ve found myself becoming somewhat indifferent to Pitino during his Greek revival phase — even rooting for him to succeed on occasion — but this statement is further proof life’s more entertaining with him around. Come back to the States, Rick.

Read more at the link below.

[Courier-Journal]

[mobile_ad]

44 Comments for Rick Pitino responds to judge mentioning him in FBI hoops trial as only Rick Pitino can

1. weneedpitino
    5:53 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Pitino is innocent, my crystal ball says it was Russian collusion. Give him another chance UK, we need his coaching expertise back on the KY sidelines. My sources say cal is gone after this year. Go cats!!

• Skooms
      6:02 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Douche

• Skooms
      6:03 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Bag

• RealCatsFan
      6:57 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Crystal ball? Sources? Luether, quod tu?

• makeitstop
      8:19 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

He barely speaks English Realcat, it’s not fair to use Latin, or logic.

• RealCatsFan
      8:46 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

I guess I should have used Pig Latin.

2. N-UR-i
    6:07 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

I agree that it wasnt him, it was the Russians. But we dont need him here! Lol

3. ClutchCargo
    6:13 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

I can’t believe we’re talking about this on the anniversary of Davy Crockett’s death.

• RealCatsFan
      6:51 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Clutch FTW!

4. sincitycat
    6:19 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

“I am not a crook”.

5. rlburd2
    6:41 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

he could make ucla relevant again.

6. RealCatsFan
    6:53 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Pitino’s babbling is almost Shakespearean. It’s like he’s holding the skull of James Naismith while he spouts this stuff. Comedy and tragedy all on one stage.

• makeitstop
      8:23 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Lol ur on a roll

• mashburnfan1
      8:37 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Yet every team Cal has left had to vacate wins and he “knows nothing” and I bet all of you believe him. Now his accusations are nothing in comparison to the dumpster fire that is U6 but were still violations. Was not a fan of Pitino but only because when he went back to college ball he went to U6. What he did for UK was more than any coach we have ever had but to come back to our rival {he could have gone anywhere} was low so happy for all he gets now. Ok bah away because I told the truth again. Last night people bashing because I said we shot 55% and beat a bad team by only 4 {what is not true about that}.

• bigbluebanana
      9:02 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Cal has more wins, same amount of championships, and Far more overall tournament success. These are facts, not my opinion. Sad that in 2019 people’s opinions are taken more seriously than actual facts. Really hoping you’re like this in real life, because if you are, it’s only a matter of time until someone slaps the ever-loving shlt out of you. I’d pay money for that video.

• RealCatsFan
      8:42 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Mashburn, I want your take on K, Ol Roy, and Hairpiece Self, or you are NOT a UK fan, just a troll.

• mashburnfan1
      9:14 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Self seems like his time is coming, don’t think that scandal is done yet. UNC I am as baffled as all of college basketball {not in Chapel Hill} as to how they got nothing for all their teams. I am as mad as anyone about that, they were found guilty. Only thing I know of on Coach Krysnudfbywrshdvgfwrfhgfnsky was in that FBI probe where they tried to link Wendell Carter {they also tried to link Kevin Know of UK}. Last I heard both K and Cal denied any wrong doing and neither has been proven to have done anything wrong. Have no idea how Self is still getting top recruits with the scandal punishment coming, look how it affected Zona and Miller.

• mashburnfan1
      9:23 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Real, BBB, 4ever I am a UK fan. I don’t like Cal. Did not like him when he was hired and don’t today. Have also said 100 times he does do great things for UK and Lexington. He does seem to bring in great young men, have always said that.Don’t like one and done as I have said it can’t win a title {and I have been right} and don’t like him as an x and o coach and that has been proven. Yes he will get lots of wins, anytime you have way more talent than the other teams you will win alot more than you lose. Most coaching is success is base on talent you have. Look at Huggins and all his wins and now this year did he all of a sudden forget how to coach, NO, he has not got the talent. Cal at Memphis and UK has had the most talent and continues to lose games we have no business losing. I don’t mean the Bama type in regular season, I mean in the tourney. we had no business losing to UConn, WVU, Wisc and had no business beating ND by only 1 in that 38-1 season. I have said the most impressed I have ever been with Cal was the year we beat OSU and UNC in the tourney, was it Cal or an assistant, I don’t know but was the best prepared I ever saw a Cal team.

• weneedpitino
      9:29 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Wow very well put, you are one like I who preach the KY basketball gospel. You are very knowledgable my friend. Go cats!!

• mashburnfan1
      9:35 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

BBB if Pitino had not left UK {I mean he had to anyone would have taken that offer} he would have UK with the most titles in NCAA history right now. We would actually be the gold standard of college basketball. He took teams that had no business winning and made them magical and when he got the deep talent it was over for college basketball. Our title runs in 96-98 were dominating and if Anderson is healthy he wins 3 straight, {I know Tubby got the Ship but in large part due to the talent that was here}. We have no way of knowing this of course, he did leave, but think of what he had going when he left. That was 21 years ago, do even you believe we would only have 1 title {2012} in all that time IF he was still coaching here. He did horrible things but none of them may have happened if he had stayed here, maybe they would have who knows.

• mashburnfan1
      9:39 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

And weneed you and I are not close to being like 1. I am a fan that just does not buy the hype, I see what things really are. Said last year in Nov we were not good and it proved true. This year we are better than last year but not a title contender. SEC is not good no matter what others try to say, just look at the teams these 19 win Ole Miss has beaten. Can’t just go by wins, see who they actually beat. Same with MSU and Auburn who I stated were way over rated when we beat them, well guess what, I WAS RIGHT.

• catsarerunnin
      9:47 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Slater talking to himself again..

• weneedpitino
      10:01 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

well mr. mashburn i like how you think and what you say, but that just wasn’t very nice of you. Well either way i still consider you my blue blood brother. Go cats!!

• RealCatsFan
      11:09 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Mashburn, I won’t disagree that Pitino was an excellent coach, and I will always be thankful for what he did for UK. Those were indeed heady times for UK, especially those 3 years that they went to the Championship. However, even Pitino had games he shouldn’t have lost. UNC in 95, Marquette in 94, and many say he should have called off the press in 97 when Bibby kept shredding it. And many will always second guess not guarding that inbounds pass in 92. And like Cal, Pitino also usually had overwhelming talent at his disposal, at least once the sanctions were lifted and he could really recruit. Yes, he was a helluva coach at times, but pride was eventually his downfall. Cal is far from perfect, but I think you are selling him short as a coach. Today’s college BB landscape has so much more raw talent strewn across it. Look at the kid at Murray St as a perfect example of this. There are physically gifted kids all over the place, even in the SEC (maybe moreso). Not all of them are gifted to the point of being future NBA stars, but motivation and getting hot at the right time can knock off a lot of good teams. Look at Duke’s struggles without Zion. They are still stacked with 5 star players, yet it took a stroke of luck for them to escape an absolutely horrid Wake Forrest team at home. There is no way you can tell me that they are better than LSU or even Bama. Guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

• catsarerunnin
      9:16 am March 7, 2019 Permalink

RC you do realize that Bashburn,BigolBlew,HeneedsPitino are all Slater right?

• RealCatsFan
      11:16 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Let me clarify – no way WF is any better than LSU or Bama (or Seton Hall, for that matter.)

• CATandMONKEY
      4:59 am March 7, 2019 Permalink

Mashburn, there are innumerable ways to end your misery. Please choose:

ALL OF THEM.

7. nevsky41
    6:58 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Polygraphs are straight up trash. Not admissible in court, and been debunked as junk science decade ago.

8. binarysolo
    7:12 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

“Pitino put down his afternoon Greek yogurt” is such subtle comedy GOLD. Hilarious.

9. Larkin123
    7:32 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

I hate to say this… years ago i was around aau and i believe most of major college basketball is as bad or worse than the stories in court. Pitino is being picked on because he is a prick and he got caught. Coach Knight really was honest in my experience. Ill get called dumb or names for this, but to read these stories on here is like the left waiting for snl trump skit. Reality sucks… College basketball is dirty!

10. 4everUKblue
    8:09 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Pitino is a sociopath.

• RealCatsFan
      8:48 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

But an entertaining sociopath.

11. makeitstop
    8:22 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

He said he wants to be left in peace… so he tweeted, as u do when u want no attention. Please.

12. kentuckybackupplayer
    8:34 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

I think it might be legal to have sex on restaurant tables in greece.

13. makeitstop
    8:35 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Btw gators up 6 late(ish) in 2d half v LSU on the Deuce.

14. makeitstop
    8:37 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Btw gators up 5 late(ish) in 2d half v LSU on the Deuce.

• makeitstop
      8:38 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

No idea why that posted twice… but unlike Weetino it wasn’t bc I was talking to myself.

• makeitstop
      8:43 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Gators couldn’t hit the ocean from the beach 1st half, hit a few 3’s this half while jacking a ton of them but really the small gators just hustling, taking charges etc, and they put Reid and Waters in foul trouble. We play them in Nashvegas we may want to watch this. LSU Couldn’t handle the 1-3-1 zone

15. friendsofcoal
    8:46 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Seton Hall beat Marquette!

• bigbluebanana
      8:53 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Fake news bro, mashburnfan has clearly stated Seton Hall is equivalent to a middle school team. Facts aren’t relevant in his universe.

16. makeitstop
    9:09 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

That’s all good for us!

17. Han
    10:55 pm March 6, 2019 Permalink

Poor Rick. Everyone keeps ruining his life. Has nothing to do with his actions, of course. Best case scenario for him is he kept hiring really corrupt people and not keeping control of his program..

Rick, like some other rather significant leaders you might be able to think of, just can’t seem to admit that if everyone around him is corrupt, it doesn’t look good for him.

18. ukdave62
    3:31 pm March 7, 2019 Permalink

Looking at Rick scares me!