Rick Pitino Does (Another) Interview, Says He’s Done Coaching

Believe it or not, Rick Pitino did another interview.  This time he admitted his coaching career is probably over.

“I’m not looking to coach again,” Pitino told Terry Meiners on 840 WHAS.  “I think that the university and the Southern District in New York put me in such a light that I don’t think coaching is in my future.  It’s a shame.”

Pitino returned to the airwaves on the same day UofL officials released text messages that proved Pitino knew Brian Bowen was seeking $200,000 to play college basketball.  Naturally, he categorized the message he sent to Kenny Johnson as “gossip and rumors you see on the internet every single day.” Pitino condemned the university for dragging out the settlement process, because in his mind it’s only going to hurt the basketball program.

Pitino is going down swinging.  He’s willing to go all the way to court to settle with UofL.  Before he drags in his former players to testify, he’s prepared to go after three people — he alluded to Papa John, David Grissom and Governor Matt Bevin — in his upcoming book.  “Everything in that book is 100% the truth.”

Pitino’s entire 13-minute conversation with Terry Meiners is another wild ride.  Click here to listen to all of the madness.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

19 Comments for Rick Pitino Does (Another) Interview, Says He’s Done Coaching

1. jaws2
    4:07 pm August 2, 2018 Permalink

Why listen to ANYTHING this pathological liar, and pathetic human being says? I’m PRAYING he and the rest of the scum over at uOFsmell go before a grand jury. How much fun would THAT be?!!!

2. ClutchCargo
    4:09 pm August 2, 2018 Permalink

So, he has finally caught on to what everyone else pretty much knows. And his career is over because he is a psychopath, not because of a few scandals (I have lost count at this point).

• Bluebloodtoo
      4:41 pm August 2, 2018 Permalink

That’s what i was thinking… ” oh, so he’s accepted that now?!” I bet he isn’t going down that easy. Next year he’ll be talking about coaching offers again.

3. Bigblue7982
    4:10 pm August 2, 2018 Permalink

Can we just forget about rick?

4. Bluebloodtoo
    4:42 pm August 2, 2018 Permalink

Funny thing- his wording still places the blame on someone else. “I think the University and…..put me in such a light….” it’s clearly nothing HE did that caused all of this.

5. SuperTroy18
    4:50 pm August 2, 2018 Permalink

He says everything in the book is 100% the truth. You can bet it’s 100% false now. So much of what that man says is a bold-faced lie. Correction…zombie, rather. What that zombie says…

6. TBW3011
    5:30 pm August 2, 2018 Permalink

I’d like to announce I’m done dating college cheerleaders. Not because I’m in my 40’s and they don’t want me. Simply because I choose to be done.

• jaws2
      6:01 pm August 2, 2018 Permalink

Now THAT’S funny !!!

• notFromhere
      8:53 pm August 2, 2018 Permalink

Gutsy move, TBW. You have my respect. (I’m assuming dance cats are still on the table.. (Sorry, Rick SPitino, I couldn’t help myself)

7. thatukfanbourne
    6:14 pm August 2, 2018 Permalink

He never paid anyone, that’s the truth it never came out of his pocket. Rick knew about the payment but him or his coaches never paid him, not how the system works. It’s all about telling your coaches this can’t come back to me. Bowen got his money, and karma is a bitch Rick face it

8. Tom Bombadil
    7:10 pm August 2, 2018 Permalink

Slicky Ricky! What an arrogant individual

9. UKPROF
    7:12 pm August 2, 2018 Permalink

I was OK with it when Rick decided to leave Lexington, Kentucky, for greener (Boston Celtics) pastures in New England. But looking back, Rick has to be thinking he must have made a terrible decision. Nearly everything he has done since leaving UK has come with a steep price and lots of regrets and embarrassment. Had he stayed at UK, all the bad he has had to deal with may have never happened and the wins and possible National Championships could be 2nd to none. Sometimes the grass is not always greener Rick, bluegrass may have been much kinder to you had you stuck around.

• SuperTroy18
      8:42 pm August 2, 2018 Permalink

Absolutely. It’s been downhill for him ever since.

• true2blue
      9:14 pm August 2, 2018 Permalink

But there’s also a chance if he stayed UK would be Universally 2. I’m glad he left and since then we got to see the real slick Rick.

10. notFromhere
    8:50 pm August 2, 2018 Permalink

Did he think what he had been doing was coaching?!

That ship sailed with a bunch of seamen long ago

11. sincitycat
    9:31 pm August 2, 2018 Permalink

The only place for this serial liar to go is into politics.

12. uknumber9
    8:48 am August 3, 2018 Permalink

He doth protest too much!

13. Suffering Fools
    11:21 am August 3, 2018 Permalink

“I don’t think coaching is in my future. It’s a shame.”

No, Rick. The shame is your past.