richie

Editor’s Note: The following was written by Harold Leeder, editor-in-chief of The New Circle Circular, Lexington’s #1 source of fake news you can’t count on.

Manchester, KY — Richie Farmer is a Kentucky basketball legend, and his jersey hangs in the rafters of Rupp Arena along with the rest of The Unforgettables. However, these days Richie Farmer finds himself in another unforgettable uniform, the iconic red shirt and black apron worn by employees of Wendy’s.

The disgraced former Agriculture Commissioner may look like the typical fast food employee, even wearing a hairnet over his mustache, but we’ve learned that Farmer spends most of his days at the Manchester Wendy’s location trying to convince his coworkers that he’s only there because he’s filming an episode of Undercover Boss.

“Yeah he keeps dropping hints that he’s here filming a reality show,” said Wendy’s employee Blake Roberts. “But there’s not even a camera crew. Heck, the only camera we have is a security camera above the cash register, but it’s not even operational. Oops, I wasn’t supposed to say anything about that. I hope he’s not really an Undercover Boss.”

Another Wendy’s employee, shift manager Denise Johnson, went into more detail about about Farmer’s supposed reality show.

“Everybody thinks he’s saying that stuff about Undercover Boss because he’s embarrassed to work at Wendy’s,” Johnson told us. “But I think he just does it to get free food. He’s always telling me how it’s Wendy’s policy that CEO’s are entitled to a lifetime supply of free Frostys. He also says stuff like ‘remember our motto everybody, have it your way,’ but that’s not even our slogan, that’s Burger King. You would think the CEO of Wendy’s would know that.”

Other employees don’t seem to mind Farmer’s tall tales about Undercover Boss, but they are a little concerned about some of the customers a local celebrity can bring.

“Yeah I don’t mind the Undercover Boss stuff. I just see it as a lot funny and a little sad,” said Caleb Brown. “What I don’t really like is all the crazy Richie Farmer fans that keep showing up. There’s one guy that comes to the Drive-Thru every day and asks if Richie’s gonna play.”

We asked some Wendy’s customers what they thought about the situation.

“Undercover Boss, huh?” said Clay County resident and self proclaimed Baconator connoisseur Virgil Simpson. “Must be a two or three part episode, the guy’s been working here for four months. In fact, before this he was working at Pat’s Snack Bar. He must be working his way up the restaurant ladder. Before you know it he’ll have his jersey hanging in the Rafferty’s.”

To keep up with The New Circle Circular, like the Facebook page or follow Harold Leeder’s Twitter Account.

Article written by Harold Leeder

11 Comments for Richie Farmer Keeps Telling His Coworkers At Wendy’s That He’s On Undercover Boss

1. Catuary
    8:25 pm September 27, 2016 Permalink

This is garbage. Do so many fans turn to KSR to read parody “news” about an Unforgettable? Legitimate stories about is legal troubles were fair game, but this is trash.

2. andrew88
    9:09 pm September 27, 2016 Permalink

I have never seen a New Circle Circular “story” that even made me crack 1% a smile.

3. dubuas
    9:42 pm September 27, 2016 Permalink

I’m a longtime fan of KSR’s radio show, podcast, and website, and this is the first time I’ve been ashamed to admit that. Richie Farmer is one of the most beloved players on a team that represents one of the program’s greatest stories. He made some foolish choices, which cost him dearly, but he has served his sentence and deserves the opportunity to rebuild his life with dignity. I don’t know who the cheap-shot hack is who wrote this pathetic attempt at parody, but I doubt her/his jersey will ever hang in any facility’s rafters. Hopefully, Matt Jones will realize KSR is better than trash like this, which is more appropriate for a UofL message board.

4. CATNTN
    9:46 pm September 27, 2016 Permalink

I have read the work of this author before and found it humorous and fairly innocuous. However, this is malicious and as stated above, garbage. Richie has deserved legitimate criticism for his past actions and paid for his transgressions. Why does KSR feel that it is necessary to create parodies of his troubles as a form of entertainment for it’s readers. I knew this author to be a farce and for a brief moment fell for the parody until I realized who wrote it. It made me realize that there are many readers who never get the ‘joke’. I have heard them before on the radio show and read their responses to ‘Not Jerry Tipton’ on the blog. By the way, I notice that ‘NTJ’ no longer writes an article on the website and I wonder if the fact that so many people took it seriously was a factor.

5. Luvas
    10:03 pm September 27, 2016 Permalink

The least funny website on the internet is called the onion. I think U of Wisconsin students make it. The New Circular is our local version. If you don’t own the Weird Al box set you probably won’t find either funny. KSR has sunk to such lows that if you expect more you are just as much a fool as the current posters. But be sure and watch the Matt Jones tv show and like KSR on Facebook!

• CATandMONKEY
      1:28 am September 28, 2016 Permalink

The Onion is actually hilarious. This however, as you pointed out is not.

6. sethkirk2
    11:05 pm September 27, 2016 Permalink

The fact that you would associate your prime sponsor, in an unfunny manor, with a poorly written onion imitating article, not shining a light on Wendy’s. Yup clear leadership issues.
    Also LUVAS is dumb, the onion is funny in general. This article is not.

7. loservilletard
    9:34 am September 28, 2016 Permalink

simply awful, please stop posting this garbage on this site.

8. Ky ski nut
    11:58 am September 28, 2016 Permalink

People need to lighten up, do you all not have a sense of humor? He maliciously used his power and some of your tax money for his own personal gains so this is a pretty small jab. I’d get him to sign the bag or wrapper so it’d bring the value down and it’ll cost less.

9. loservilletard
    12:59 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

we do have a sense of humor, and this is not in the least bit humorous. Its awful, and has no business being posted on this or any other web site.

10. AD00
    2:15 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

is this true? I drov to the manchester Wendys from london this morning to have him sign a program and not only was he not there but the workers there said he dont even work there!!! then when i showed the cashier the article and they told me that wasnt there Wendys!!