Richie Farmer arrested for DUI

And now, some unfortunate news on a former Kentucky great. Richie Farmer was arrested for a DUI this evening in London.

Farmer, the former Agriculture Commissioner of Kentucky, served a 27-month sentence for misappropriating government resources while in office, including using taxpayer dollars to buy personal gifts and state employees to build a basketball court at his home. In addition to his sentence, he paid $120,000 in restitution. He was released in late 2015.

It’s been a rough road for Richie. Here’s hoping he gets the help he needs.

[LEX18]

[mobile_ad]

19 Comments for Richie Farmer arrested for DUI

1. kentuckybackupplayer
    7:59 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

his rough road has been deserved, hope he gets more jail time as he is a criminal douche.

• catsarerunnin
      8:08 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

You’re a double douche.

• kentuckybackupplayer
      8:15 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

richie is the douchiest douche of all the douches in doucheville.

• 4everUKblue
      8:32 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

No one deserves a rough road, he made some bad decisions….we all do unless you’re JC.

• kentuckybackupplayer
      8:55 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

what about maddoff, timothy mcvey, manson, do they deserve a rough road. some people do deserve a rough road.

• 4everUKblue
      9:04 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

They deserve the punishment, I don’t think Richie needs to be mentioned in relation to any of those people. We don’t know what their life was like growing up that led to them making the choices they made. What about you? Anything in your past you’re ashamed of?

• katfan33
      9:08 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

Richie deserves everything bad that comes his way. He’s not a good dude.
      Putting a christian spin on it doesn’t change the facts!

• 4everUKblue
      9:07 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

BTW you should look more closely into the Oklahoma City bombing.

• 4everUKblue
      9:13 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

I’m not even trying to pretend to be a christian, but I also try not to judge people who’ve made bad decisions, I don’t always succeed but I try. Who’s to say if any of us were treated like a hero growing up, we might not have made some bad decisions. Where I fail is my belief that there is no such thing as an honest politician, or one who has our best interests.

2. DelrayCat
    8:09 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

He would have fit in well in Trump’s cabinet.

3. Bigsmooth88
    8:47 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

Ran into him & Pelphrey in Charlotte at NCAA tournament. Pelphrey was very nice, signed our programs. Richie looked at us gave a big pfffff hey John I’m going to go get the car. He was a douche in ’93 and hasn’t done anything to change my mind since. Karma

4. mawoods15
    8:56 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

guy is a major douche. totally deserves it.

5. katfan33
    9:05 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

First off, Richie was NOT great! Second, everything he gets, he deserves. Period!! The ignorant hillbilly took advantage of everything the good folks of KY did for him for years and years!

• 4everUKblue
      9:09 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

Maybe because he grew up with everyone telling how great he was because he was a good athlete, it’s a common story. Some handle it better than others.

• catdaddyd
      9:44 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

Leave the hillbillies out of it. Ignorant means not knowing. I’m pretty sure he knew what he was doing as a politician, so dumb or stupid, yes. Ignorant, no.

6. Cryingtheblues
    4:23 am March 23, 2018 Permalink

Sad! I’ve never met Richie but have a friend that went to school with him at Clay County and she said he was an ass and thought he was God’s gift of women. She said he would talk down to people and thought he was above everyone else. And I’m not judging him, just hearsay! Richie could have retired as Agriculture Commissioner if he had played the hand he was dealt.. But instead he let GREED DESTROY his life.