REPORT: Mychal Mulder will sign with Kentucky this weekend

I’ll be honest, I’m not exactly sure who Justin Albers is, but Twitter tells me he covers Indiana University basketball and basketball recruiting for , a Fox Sports/Scout.com site. Why do we care? Albers is reporting that he is hearing that Mychal Mulder, a JuCo shooting guard at Vincennes, will sign with Kentucky this weekend:

Drew’s cousin is the head coach at Vincennes, and Drew says he’s hearing the same thing around the Franklin family dinner table. Adding Mulder, a three-point specialist, would fill a huge void on next year’s team even if Malik Newman picks the Cats (I don’t think he will).

8 Comments for REPORT: Mychal Mulder will sign with Kentucky this weekend

1. Leuther
    9:17 pm April 22, 2015 Permalink

Good news! Effective outside shooting is essential in college basketball because of the variety of zone defenses…

2. shelby
    9:19 pm April 22, 2015 Permalink

Ghoping this is true–adding a knock down shooter would be huge. Especially if murray is not gonna reclassify.

3. Katya
    9:42 pm April 22, 2015 Permalink

44% from 3 and is 6’4″ with game experience already. Good pickup if true.

4. Bullitt County UK fan
    10:07 pm April 22, 2015 Permalink

I’d love to get exited, but I am quick to dispute rumors when they go against us. I want to hear it from the kid’s own mouth before I react to it. I do think this one is true though, why wouldn’t a junior transfer kid not want to play at Kentucky? It would be nice to steal him from Louisville as well.

5. Smyrna_Cat
    10:10 pm April 22, 2015 Permalink

We will wait until this weekend … and then celebrate wildly!!!

6. The Original WTF Guy
    10:23 pm April 22, 2015 Permalink

I’m pretty sure recruits are not able to sign while on a recruiting trip. Mulder may be able to give a verbal and formally sign afterwards. That is assuming I am remembering correctly. Granted, it’s a technicality of sorts, but I don’t believe he can sign while visiting.

7. Kyblue34
    10:59 pm April 22, 2015 Permalink

Would be very glad to have him, but will this hurt our chances with Murray? They seem to be the same type of player, same height, etc. and having Ulis and Briscoe already.

8. Kevin C
    8:29 am April 23, 2015 Permalink

Hopefully he’s not another Darnell Dodson…