Report: Jaden McDaniels’ coach still believes decision will come tomorrow

© Brian Spurlock | USATSI

© Brian Spurlock | USATSI

Are you ready for yet another Jaden McDaniels update? Because you’re about to get one. Even though Evan Daniels changed his prediction for the five-star power forward from Kentucky to undecided last night, McDaniels’ high school coach Yattah Reed still believes a decision will come tomorrow, the final day of the spring signing period.

Reed told Scorebook Live — who, it bears noting, reported on Friday that McDaniels would announce tomorrow and had to backtrack — that he spoke with McDaniels yesterday and believes news is on the way.

He thinks some news will come down Wednesday concerning McDaniels’ next-chapter decision. The Eagles’ senior has made official visits to his five preferred schools – Kentucky, San Diego State, Texas, UCLA and Washington.

[Scorebook Live]

As prior reports suggested, Reed also believes the announcement will come in the form of a social media post because McDaniels doesn’t want the attention a ceremony or television would bring. Part of me thinks that’s a good reason he will go to Washington instead of Kentucky altogether, but hey, what do I know?

In related news, Jerry Meyer isn’t feeling too confident about the McDaniels to Kentucky pick he made last Wednesday:

Maybe we’ll find out tomorrow. Maybe not.

[mobile_ad]

19 Comments for Report: Jaden McDaniels’ coach still believes decision will come tomorrow

1. jim tom
    2:00 pm May 14, 2019 Permalink

Good lord I’m over yet another recruiting saga

• Duff86
      2:14 pm May 14, 2019 Permalink

Darn, BBN took last week’s news hook, line, and sinker.

• 4everUKblue
      3:08 pm May 14, 2019 Permalink

Thanks for the update Billy Ray Jim Tom.

2. SanDiegoCats
    2:23 pm May 14, 2019 Permalink

Woof. Get teased on getting him coupled with Blackshear leaning towards staying in draft. Much better feeling last week.

3. Smyrna_Cat
    2:33 pm May 14, 2019 Permalink

The SUPER HYPE approach is such a waste.

4. Bluebloodtoo
    2:40 pm May 14, 2019 Permalink

One thing I’ve learned from living in Seattle for 14 years is that there is a heavy bias against the South. I have no idea if this applies to the McDaniel’s family or friends, but I know that the general opinion of the people from the south is very low. It could be quite difficult to convince someone here to move to the south especially when everyone around them has ill-informed opinions. When I started telling people here that I was moving back east I invariably get one response: “WHY?!!” Even my wife is getting pressure from people she knows to avoid it. I stopped trying to explain anything.
    People out here aren’t much different in their behaviors than the people they constantly deride, the only real difference is the beliefs they are willing to support. They aren’t more accepting in general, just accepting of different things.

• TPACAT
      3:21 pm May 14, 2019 Permalink

Bunch of Commie Leftists!

• jaws2
      8:05 pm May 14, 2019 Permalink

People who live in the South DO NOT consider KY the south! Trust me, I lived in NC for 9 years. Oh, and a lot of folks in SC consider NC Yankees! Hell, people in Washington probably consider California the South!

5. bigcat68
    3:23 pm May 14, 2019 Permalink

Kid doesn’t like the spotlight huh? What a joke!

• ClutchCargo
      4:27 pm May 14, 2019 Permalink

Maybe wait until he announces before getting your panties in a bunch.

6. Based God
    4:16 pm May 14, 2019 Permalink

Maybe he’s keeping his announcement low key because he doesn’t want to deal with the sad faces when he picks Kentucky. Just a guess.

7. VirginiaCat
    4:23 pm May 14, 2019 Permalink

I am beginning to wonder if Kentucky has begun to wonder if this young man is worth the trouble and has backed off his recruitment. My take is that he appears to be the poster child for “Kentucky is not for everybody.”

8. Cats79
    4:48 pm May 14, 2019 Permalink

As a cat fan would love to have him as a cat, but you can’t blame him to stay close to home. At times family does comes first for a young guy his age to make a decision to stay close to his family.

9. chrislarkey
    5:02 pm May 14, 2019 Permalink

Those idiot recruiting gurus
    They can change their mind and act like they now know what’s going on

10. Cats79
    5:32 pm May 14, 2019 Permalink

Guys, that’s part of the media world we live in. Everyone has there opinion and these so call experts just doing there job.

11. makeitstop
    6:08 pm May 14, 2019 Permalink

You remember how Cal met w Blackshear’s family – then he didn’t – but he did? People sometimes sign their paperwork and send it in but no announcement is made out of respect to them until they are ready. I’m not saying that’s happened, just that we have no idea and if the “experts” are undecided, I sure as hell don’t know. Wouldn’t surprise me if he just wanted to let everyone know who mattered so they didn’t get blindsided, especially when a local school is a finalist, and his disdain for PR seems genuine. As Mrs TT suggests though, that is hard to reconcile w the fishbowl that is BBN. I’d still bet on UK but not giving points!

12. KYjellyRoll
    6:42 pm May 14, 2019 Permalink

I believe he’s keeping it secret because he doesn’t want the hometown dogging him for the next few months when he picks UK!

• TheMaxCat
      7:22 pm May 14, 2019 Permalink

Back and forth on a tough decision can be emotionally exhausting and for that reason I wouldn’t be surprised if he were to take the easy choice of staying near home/family. On the other hand it would behoove the young man to get ready for adulthood and the NBA and Kentucky would prepare him better in both cases. I hope Cal can work some magic and convince the kid we are in his best interest. He is definitely in ours.