Reid Travis’ brother played college basketball with Villanova grad-assistant

Matt Fraschilla

Matt Fraschilla

I’m not sure I saw a prediction that had Stanford grad-transfer Reid Travis going anywhere besides Kentucky when he announced his plans to leave Stanford earlier this week.

But here’s something to keep an eye on: Reid Travis’ brother, Jonah Travis, played at Harvard with new Villanova graduate assistant Matt Fraschilla, son of ESPN’s Fran Fraschilla.

I don’t think UK should panic because Reid Travis’ brother has a relationship with a graduate assistant, but it’s something to monitor.

On Wednesday Jeff Goodman reported that Travis would consider UK and Villanova, but said “multiple sources told ESPN that Kentucky is the front-runner to land Travis, and that defending national champion Villanova is also involved.”

Travis averaged 19.5 points and 8.7 rebounds at Stanford and has been linked as a UK target for weeks.

Jonah Travis and Matt Fraschilla played together for two seasons at Harvard (2013-2015). Travis averaged 5.9 points and 3.6 rebounds per game in 2015 during his senior season at Harvard.

Expect things to move quickly for Reid Travis’ second recruitment. UK is still the expected landing destination but you can’t count out Villanova at this point, especially with Omari Spellaman staying in the NBA Draft.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by TJ Walker

14 Comments for Reid Travis’ brother played college basketball with Villanova grad-assistant

1. henderblue
    9:21 pm June 2, 2018 Permalink

How long does he have to make a decision? When can we expect one?

• Ridge Runner
      10:05 pm June 2, 2018 Permalink

I have to agree to be honest. What in the world could possibly delay his announcement at this point?

2. Matty Arbuckle
    9:57 pm June 2, 2018 Permalink

A sibling is friends with someone at the school? ???

3. michaelb
    9:58 pm June 2, 2018 Permalink

I think they got his name mixed up from the go…. his name is Travis Reid

4. dismore
    10:44 pm June 2, 2018 Permalink

If he goes there for that reason he’s a fool.

5. chardun20
    11:08 pm June 2, 2018 Permalink

I only saw 1 video of Reid Travis against USC. Is there anymore video of Travis other than the workout video for the NBA Combine that he didn’t attend?

6. wyatts1
    12:07 am June 3, 2018 Permalink

Hey tj walker, if your gonna write stories quoting the New York times (#1 fake news paper in the world) then at least have the balls to open up the comment section butter cup.

• wyatts1
      12:08 am June 3, 2018 Permalink

Magazine/site*

• bhb71
      12:56 am June 3, 2018 Permalink

“have the balls to open up the comment section butter cup”

I’m rolling ? do you really think it was out of fear of whatever “truth bomb” it is that *you* have to say?

• playmorezeppelin
      7:51 am June 3, 2018 Permalink

Jesus if I hear another person say fake news I’m gonna have an aneurism. I get that the media is less than honest but it’s like some people don’t know how to talk unless a politician tells them how. We’re living in a George Orwell book. And I mean for goodness sake there’s a video of the guy in the tunnel before the game.. I guess that was fake too.

• Jiminy Crickets
      10:49 am June 3, 2018 Permalink

You read this site, right? I’ll bet anyone on here, if Matt jones says the sky is falling, 85% of readers on here will tell all their family the sky is falling. That is, until it doesn’t, then they tell their family whatever excuse MJ comes up with for why he’s wrong. Same principle

• (Aixelsyd)0505
      11:20 am June 3, 2018 Permalink

My god dude? Are you some kind of warlock that has a small complexity? TJ is just doing his job, buttercup

7. chris43
    6:03 am June 3, 2018 Permalink

I hope we land this guy. He could provide great depth inside. It wouldn’t shock me if we miss out on him though with Nova losing 4 to the draft. UK would be stacked and a much better team than Nova with him BUT he’d probably play more at Nova. Fingers crossed and waiting…

• jahanc2uky
      10:42 am June 3, 2018 Permalink

UK better prepares him for the draft & pro career. If Travis wants a shoot at a Big East title and play in front of large FoxSports1 television audience, UK should lose this guy to Nova.