Reddit thinks they know the most hated teams

stoops-comeatme

This is about the reaction I have had the past week while Reddit has been releasing their “Most Hated Teams” series. Some of them are spot on, others…..eh. Let’s go through them and see what you think:

NFL:
Reddit - NFL
I seriously doubt the only state that hates the Cowboys’ the most is  Pennsylvania.  I am positive more people hate the Patriots as well. Are you really going to tell me that more people hate the Saints than the Patriots? The Saints had everyone in the palm of their hands after thier 2009 Super Bowl win and the complete opposite could be said for the Patriots in their 2007 videotaping controversy. I guess the times have changed.

MLB:
Reddit - Baseball
The Yankee’s get no love.  I didn’t except the Cardinals to be the second most hated team though. I expected more Red Sox in there.

NHL:
Reddit - Hockey
I honestly know nothing about hockey, so I am neutral to this map.

NBA:
Reddit - NBA
This map has the most agreement on hatred. It actually seems about right to me. I expected more diversity in New England, though.

NBA (World):
Reddit - Basketball National

I expected to see a lot more Miami Heat on the map. The world hates a lot of random teams. Especially Houston. I’m guessing Russia hates the Rockets because we beat them with our space program.  Sorry, Russia.

College Football:
Reddit - CFB
This is the worst map…..Let’s set aside they believe Michigan is the most hated team in college football, but the fact they think Kentucky is more hated than UL Football is crazy. People hate teams that win, not teams with records like Kentucky. I could pick apart this map for hours, but I’ll just let you do that in the comment section.

@Sealey_KSR

Article written by Courtney Hessler

Ashley Judd is my spirit animal. Follow me on twitter at: @Hessler_KSR

20 Comments for Reddit thinks they know the most hated teams

1. JBCat
    6:15 pm August 8, 2014 Permalink

Just go ahead and throw that college football map away. Inaccurate and unintelligent…

Must’ve been done by same group that book keeps the Yum Center and says UL is most -profitable or whatever….

2. Ktmiln2
    6:21 pm August 8, 2014 Permalink

It’s all based on user polls and on reddit.com/r/cfb there are way more UL fans than UK fans.

3. CatsBalls
    6:30 pm August 8, 2014 Permalink

First we’re voted the second dumbest fan base, now the most hated. But you’re right, it’s them not us.

4. Mos Def
    6:40 pm August 8, 2014 Permalink

I’m apart of the /r/CFB community on reddit and the there is far more Card fans on the subreddit than there are UK fans. Therefore they got more votes in against UK. This is why the map reads as UK being the most hated team in Kentucky, which we all disagree on.

5. Frew Dranklin
    6:44 pm August 8, 2014 Permalink

Any “most hated” map that doesn’t have multiple states that hate Notre Dame is a joke!

6. JoeMoney333
    6:48 pm August 8, 2014 Permalink

Reddit is the zip on the butt of the internet. That is all.

• BirdTeeth
      6:59 pm August 8, 2014 Permalink

Slapdick

• Ktmiln2
      8:37 pm August 8, 2014 Permalink

Zip? Also, you sound old

7. Cats
    6:54 pm August 8, 2014 Permalink

I would also argue that some Cat fans would choose other schools besides UL. I dont know exactly, but no team comes to my mind who UL has had a crazy rivalry with. UK has been playing power 5 conference teams long before they even played UL consistently. I’d pick Tennessee actually. They beat us 20 plus times straight. I tolerate Cardinal teams with a disgusted respect, but there is nothing worse than the overly obnoxious sight that is a UT home game.

• STOOPS TROOPS
      7:18 pm August 8, 2014 Permalink

Agree. Our hate is spread out…Vols, Gators, Tards, Spurrier. All Tard fans got is us now that they dont play Cincy. Bet Tard fans will get to know hate alot gettin whooped by Florida state, Clemson and others

8. Ned Stark
    7:02 pm August 8, 2014 Permalink

I don’t think you know how reddit works…

9. TruthHurts
    7:08 pm August 8, 2014 Permalink

The reason UK football is so hated is the 60 plus years of our losing, but always screaming “But we’re in the SEC.” It’s the excuse we, the fans and UK Media always use when we finish in the toilet bowl year end, year out. I have little optimism of that ever changing in my lifetime.

• Mos Def
      7:15 pm August 8, 2014 Permalink

Yeah, because 60 years ago we were bragging about being in the SEC. Good one, let me redirect you to http://www.cardchronicle.com you’ll fit in there.

10. Scott
    7:26 pm August 8, 2014 Permalink

Ya the most hated college FBB map is silly. Some might be correct, but many are just plain silly. All of the states that don’t have a school from one of the Big 5 conferences will hate a small school in their own state.

IE I’m from montana and the most hated team is between Montana State University, or the University of Montana… whichever one you didn’t attend. Nobody in Montana cares about michigan one way or the other… thats just the way college football works. Neither MSU or UM (the montana one) play michigan except in the once a decade token home opener where we get 50k for them to blast us, so why would we hate them?

11. arlo
    8:22 pm August 8, 2014 Permalink

why no college basketball map?

12. TBone
    11:02 pm August 8, 2014 Permalink

Congrats to Alaska in becoming its own continent.

• Rothchild
      3:40 am August 9, 2014 Permalink

… and Canada.

13. Roofus Howls
    6:41 am August 9, 2014 Permalink

A bit surpised that the Cardinals are the most hated MLB team – especially given that western KY is primarly Cardinal fans. I can understand the section that is composed of Reds fans hating the Cardinals, but still….

14. PittCat
    11:06 am August 9, 2014 Permalink

As a resident of Pittsburgh I can definitely say that the Cowboys are not the most hated. It seems like the opinion of the largest cities is the deciding factor. In this case Philly hates Dallas because of the conference rivalry. For the Western half of the state however Baltimore is MUCH more hated than Dallas.

15. ZombieLibrarian
    4:08 pm August 9, 2014 Permalink

I don’t think you understand how Reddit works, bud. ‘Reddit’ didn’t post ‘their’ polls. An individual Redditor, user KMHOKIES35 (that’s what /u/KMHOKIES35 means), posted some polls for fellow Redditors to answer. He left them up for a few days, compiled the results, then posted the maps to various subreddits on Reddit. They’re indicative of nothing more than the responses of the individual subreddit communties as submitted by the people who viewed and answered the polls during the time they were available. There are no ‘expert opinions’ or research done for these. And the college sports subreddits have an inordinately large amount of Louisville fans on Reddit, for whatever reason….especially /r/collegebasketball.