Recruiting expert changes his pick to UK for Mohamed Bamba

mo-bamba

Not even 24 hours after John Calipari and Tony Barbee made a special trip up to Philadelphia to see Mohamed Bamba, national recruiting analyst Jerry Meyer of 247 Sports fame flipped his Crystal Ball pick for Bamba from Duke to the Kentucky Wildcats.

Meyer told his Facebook live viewers, “I just don’t get the feel that Duke is after him with the same fervor. I think his relationship with Quade Green — and he also knows Hamidou Diallo — but especially Quade Green… I think Kentucky has a very, very good chance with Bamba.”

Meyer did, however, predict Trae Young to Kansas (not a surprise these days) and Kevin Knox to Duke, saying Knox is “Duke’s to lose” on his live Q&A.

But how about that Bamba news?

GET IN HERE MOHAMED!

Article written by Drew Franklin

16 Comments for Recruiting expert changes his pick to UK for Mohamed Bamba

1. WatchutalkinboutWillis
    3:14 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

It never made sense for Bamba to go to Duke over UK anyway. All he has to do is look at Cousins, Davis, and Towns vs. Okafor, and the Plumlee sisters…easy decision!

• runningunnin.454
      8:25 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

You have to wonder about 5* recruits that don’t go to UK
      Young fellas, check out UK’s 1st round draft picks compared to Kansas and Duke.
      Now, grab a calculator and check out their salaries.
      Now……think.

2. ClutchCargo
    3:30 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

***Doing a happy dance to “La Bamba”***

3. CatBlue in LR
    4:28 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

I want Trae Young. 🙁

• Cayyuuuts2
      5:23 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

I wanted Trae Young too but I wouldn’t trade Trae Young for any of the players we have so far. It’s hard to worry about getting Trae Young when we are closing in on a class of 6- 5- recruits and 1 4-star recruit (that has a chance to be bumped up to a 5 star).

4. bosshogg24
    4:50 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

Without Trae Young UK will have no three point shooter next year! Young is the Seth Curry of high school basketball! Kansas would be a bad mistake! Why isn’t Mason, Graham and the other bigs in the NBA, because Kansas doesn’t get players drafted~

• sa_hunt
      5:17 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

As long as he’s like Seth Curry and not STEPH Curry I can live with that. UK will be fine with shooting, Cal will get a grad. transfer for that if he thinks we need it. Kansas is a blue blood and a great school, it would never be a mistake to go there, though I don’t like Self at all.

• catsarerunnin
      6:16 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

“I would put an explanation point at the end of all these sentences! On this one! And on that one!”.

5. Cletis75
    5:24 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

Bambang is my top choice in the class and I really like Knox. He has UK ties and shows a lot of class.

6. ekywildcat
    8:35 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

I would rather have Green signed than to wait on Young and maybe not get either.

7. Cals Hoverboard
    8:49 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

Quade Green may not be the highest rated PG in the class. But a lot of these recruits are quoted as saying they want to play with him. That fact alone tells me a lot. Trae Young and his father have both said that Green’s signing with us doesn’t mean that Trae’s shying away from Kentucky. Just sayin….

8. jeffj
    9:02 pm January 12, 2017 Permalink

got bam and then bamba to come . this is the Kentucky domination of great young men on & off the wood . like we are approaching the apex of this sport. the best is yet to come & I’m having fun. the puzzle people are fun too. like solving a 1,000 PC puzzle of a blank sheet of white paper.

9. BobNWeaver
    12:01 am January 13, 2017 Permalink

Quade Green seems like a guy that players love as a teammate, and that makes the team fun to watch. You can tell when the guys care for each other and enjoy playing together.

10. StuckinLville
    1:32 am January 13, 2017 Permalink

With Diallo committing, I would think that pretty much takes Trey Young out of the equation; however, we will have 0 guards returning next year so I’m sure Cal can try to sell him on that there will be plenty of playing time if he comes in and earns it. Trey would be a good one to have, but Green is the better pg and like someone above said, most want to play with him. Cal wasn’t dumb for getting Green. Green said himself he would be after Diallo, Vanderbilt, Bamba, and Knox and two of them already committed. I haven’t heard anyone saying they wanted to play with Trey and it’s probably because he’s not a pass first pg. The kid can look at the schools track records and it shouldn’t be a hard decision, but he may be like Malik Newman and some of those guys from that class that wanted it to be all about them…and we know how that turned out. This class does not seem to have any ego or selfishness problems. As for Kevin Knox, I know Cal is trying to sell him on that he and Vanderbilt are different kinds of players, but I just don’t see Knox coming to UK. Especially not if Bamba commits. I don’t think there would even be a scholarship.

• WatchutalkinboutWillis
      8:29 am January 13, 2017 Permalink

I don’t see Knox coming if Bamba commits either but I’m pretty sure there will be a scholarship. In fact, I think even if Bamba, Knox, and Young came that would make all 13 scholarships for next year, assuming that Gabriel, Wynard, Humphries, Killeya-Jones, and Diallo come back.

11. Jiminy Crickets
    9:27 am January 13, 2017 Permalink

My only concern about next year is that for the most part experienced big guys do not play nearly as much of a role as experienced guards do. In tournament time it’s about guard play. We will have the most talented guard group in the country, but an entire freshman rotation. We have talked all season about how Briscoe lead this team, and leads our guards. We will not have that next year