@KentuckyMBB

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Matt and Ryan will recap the Calipari Fantasy Camp and last night’s celebrity softball game, and preview Saturday’s big game vs. Southern Miss before heading out to the KSR Golf Scramble. Tune in or miss out.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list 2016 KSR Tour

21 Comments for Recapping the softball game and looking ahead to Southern Miss (Monday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:49 am August 29, 2016 Permalink

Should be some great stories today. Looks like a lot of fun yesterday.

2. runningunnin.454
    9:56 am August 29, 2016 Permalink

Hats off to Maine-Endwell for winning LLWS title with only 11 players on the team.
    2-1 over S. Korea. Don’t tell me baseball is not exciting.

• Don’t get Drew started! LOL!

• runningunnin.454
      10:49 am August 29, 2016 Permalink

I know; Drew would rather watch tennis; therefore, Drew=boring.

• Realme
      10:52 am August 29, 2016 Permalink

I have no interest in watching baseball or tennis, but golf is the worst. Puts me to sleep any time it’s on the tv.

• ukjaybrat
      10:59 am August 29, 2016 Permalink

yeah i like baseball but admit it can be boring at times. and i’m not a fan of tennis but can admit it too can be boring but sometimes interesting… but golf? super boring

• J-Dub421
      10:59 am August 29, 2016 Permalink

Baseball = watching grass grow while a bunch of grown men stand around spitting and scratching themselves for 4+ hours.

• runningunnin.454
      11:32 am August 29, 2016 Permalink

I think in Little League they are 12-13 years old! Didn’t see any spitting or scratching.

• J-Dub421
      11:39 am August 29, 2016 Permalink

Give them time. Also a 2-1 score hardly seems exciting.

• runningunnin.454
      5:05 pm August 29, 2016 Permalink

Oh no; can’t let you have the last word…..the kid only made one mistake in 6 innings; he hung a curve that was blasted over the wall for S. Korea’s only run. EVERY PITCH was exciting.
      I guess you have to understand the game.

• Booby Petrino
      5:30 pm August 29, 2016 Permalink

The argument that just because someone disagrees with you, they must not understand is ridiculous. We get it… It takes skill to pitch the ball. That doesn’t make it exciting to everyone. Golf takes just as much skill to get the ball in the hole. Still boring. I fully understand baseball. I played it through high school. My brother is a baseball coach at a small university. And still, I have no interest in watching a 3 hours game on TV, it’s boring as hell. Being at the game is slightly less boring.

• runningunnin.454
      6:26 pm August 29, 2016 Permalink

Don’t have to listen and don’t have to watch; but, Rock n Roll and baseball are here to stay.

3. I can’t believe Matt didn’t have the presence of mind to throw that ball into the stands!

4. RealCatsFan
    10:32 am August 29, 2016 Permalink

I have played a little bit of recreational softball in my younger days, and the absolute worst position to play is pitcher. You are tossing watermelons up there at these dudes to smack back at you with some pretty good zing on it. Meanwhile you have about a half second to react and guard the family jewels against a high velocity missile.

5. Realme
    10:38 am August 29, 2016 Permalink

This time next week we will have a much better idea of what to expect about the football team / season. Not sure whether we will be thrilled or depressed, but I can’t wait to find out.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:52 am August 29, 2016 Permalink

Was Carter the one throwing up the L in the team picture?

• J-Dub421
      11:11 am August 29, 2016 Permalink

I think it was Icky Woods. Carter is thinner than that.

7. JoeMoney333
    11:11 am August 29, 2016 Permalink

Matt Jones criticizing Ryan for being a good dad… #ForeverAlone

• RealCatsFan
      11:21 am August 29, 2016 Permalink

I feel guilty for not spending time with my kids simply because I realize that the day is coming (soon) when they will want to be off with their friends instead of hanging out with dad. In fact, that day is already here for my older daughter. The younger one still likes to hang out with me – she’s my baby. The wife and I will have plenty of time to sit around and look at each other and wonder what the hell we will do with all out time when the kids are out of the house in 5 or 6 years. 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      5:06 pm August 29, 2016 Permalink

YEPl check out “Cat’s in the Cradle” by Harry Chapin. They will grow up just like you.