Recapping a happy weekend in the Bluegrass (Monday Show Thread)

@KingMicha3l

@KingMicha3l

@KingMicha3l

Good morning and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. It was a huge weekend in the Bluegrass, starting with the Harrison Twins’ announcement that they will return to UK for their sophomore seasons, followed by the Spring Game, Cal on the recruiting trail, James Young and Rihanna, and so much more. Start your week off right and turn on that radio/start that live stream! There’s a lot to talk about.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WKYH (600 am) Paintsville
WLSI (900 am) Pikeville
WPRT (960 am) Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240 am) Somerset
WTCW (920 am) Whitesburg
WBTH (1400 am) Williamson, WV

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WBGN (1340 am) Bowling Green 11am-1pm
WVHI (1330 am) Evansville, IN 5pm-7pm
WMTL (870 am) Leitchfield 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570 am) Morgantown 3-5 pm
WRIL (106.3 fm) Middlesboro Thur 8-10 pm
WPAD (99.5 fm/1560 am) Paducah 11-1 pm
WHAY (98.3 fm) Whitley City 2-4 pm

213 Comments for Recapping a happy weekend in the Bluegrass (Monday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    9:55 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

It looks like business just picked up for next season! I listened to a little bit of the spring game, and it sounds like we are much better offensively, seems like I heard the air raid siren more than last year’s spring game.

2. Duuuuuude
    10:01 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I am glad to see the SEC making some improvements with coaching changes and such. I was surprised to see that LSU has a committment from potentially the #1 player from 2015. The conference needs this, and the Cats need this.

According to Jeff Borzello:
    Ben Simmons can make a terrific case for No. 1. For my money, the Australia native should be atop the rankings for the class of 2015. You can argue Ivan Rabb or Malik Newman, but Simmons has taken his game to another level over the past year and is the most impressive player in the class right now. The LSU-commit has made the transition to the small forward position, and he’s an absolute matchup nightmare for opponents. Simmons can knock down 3-pointers, glides past players in transition, and sees the floor and defense exceptionally well. I think he’s going to cement his standing as the AAU and camp season progresses.

3. STOOPS TROOPS
    10:05 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Any chance we makin bowl this year? Also any concern losin in yum?

4. bleedblueky
    10:05 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Morning Matt – Just a friendly reminder about your Randell’s story you promised before he went to your show 🙂

5. Yahoo
    10:06 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Magic Johnson may buy the Clippers according to yahoo!. Magic is good friends with Cal.

LeBron is best friends with Chris Paul. LeBron is good friends with Cal.

Cal running a Magic Johnson-owned team with LeBron and Paul, in a major city? Chance to turn around the most losing franchise in world history?

It could happen..

10:08 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

“Turn around the most losing franchise in world history”? They are freakin’ 57-25 on the season. I’d say they are plenty “turned around”.

• Devin
      10:08 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

There is no way they will get rid of Doc Rivers he is a top 3 coach inthe league.

10:09 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Doc Rivers is going nowhere.

• Yahoo
      10:17 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

If it means LeBron will sign, they will definitely get rid of Doc

• RealCatsFan
      10:43 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Wow, desperate bird fans won’t let go of the Cal to the NBA rumours. Kind of like UK fans hoping that the UofL coaches get drawn into some kind of adultery scandal. Wait a minute…. oh, that’s right, I forgot!

6. Delk for 3
    10:06 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Ryan Lemond Derby time?

7. We Hang Banners
    10:07 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Football looking bright.

8. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:10 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

One of my UT fan friends just saw me in the hall at work…he said “Man, I’ve got basketball envy for your team. Unbelievable!”

9. UK Football
    10:11 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Here comes the overselling of Patrick Towles and the UK football team from Matt. Just like last year with Whitlow, Pat can do no wrong and walks on water and his some how miles ahead of the other QB’s. He wont mention his interception or all the drops from our “best” receiver in Demarco Robinson.

• UKats1996
      10:17 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Demarco Robinson is not our best receiver and never was, and keep in mind Towles was working with the second team during the pick and you should be excited that Za’Darius made that great play anyway

• Nelly
      10:18 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Negative much? You should hang with me!

10:20 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I’m certainly not buying into Towles yet. This competition is wide open still. It will still be up for grabs after the season starts. The kids are that close and everything changes under real game pressure. None of them have much real experience.

10. Stephen
    10:12 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Matt, one way I have judged the importance of the twins returning is the absolute meltdown of our rivals on their various fan boards. In my opinion whenever the rivals fan bases start really bitching then you know something big has happened! After 1:00 on Friday the Bitch-o-meter went through the roof and I loved it!

11. Kyboy415
    10:13 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Matt I’m super excited about next years team too can’t wait for the season to get here. We lost possibly 2 of our best free throw shooters. Yes we will dominate down low but when your bigs shoot under 50 percent from the line that’s a concern.

12. Delk for 3
    10:14 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I won’t make any predictions until I see the freshmen play a few games. I think the upperclassmen are solid, but they are not overwhelmingly great.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:33 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Oh…you mean the upper classmen that just went to the NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP game? Just checking. Thanks in advance for the clarification.

13. Delk for 3
    10:14 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I think the freshmen will be very important to next year’s team. I could see our leading scorer coming from the bunch.

14. Supposed to be Working
    10:15 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Matt, please discuss where Forde got (made up) his Willis transfer rumors

• bluemanchew
      11:20 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

That’s what Forde does. Always has, always will. He hates cal and all things KY. He can’t cover anything good that happens at KY. The twins are coming back. He hears in his head. Willis is transfering. Forde is the reason I canceled by CJ subscription. Then stopped going to espn.com. now he has ruined yahoo

15. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:15 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

The debate as to who is going to start for Kentucky next year can go on for hours. The Donald Sterling sucks debate lasts about 2 seconds.

16. Facts
    10:15 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

It wasn’t perfect weather. It was a little too windy to be perfect. The wind kept blowing our food off the table and tent around at our tailgate.

17. Rixter
    10:16 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Matt, look at the schedule and show me a loss. The only 2 I think might contend for a loss are at Louisville and at Florida.

I never ever thought about last year’s team going undefeated, as most of the guys had never played a college game. This year, only 4 subs will be untested.. BIG difference. I think we have a great shot at it

18. WakeCat
    10:16 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Run two lines in b-ball. One a big bruising team (D. Johnson, K. Towns, T. Lyles, Twins), which pounds it inside and plays a big zone D. Then, bring in the quick team (WCS, Lee, Poythress, Ulis and Booker) and have them press and run up and down the Court. Switch the 5 guys out every four minutes.

19. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:19 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Wow…a tattoo convention in Louisville! I love it. Even my dad made a joke over the weekend about the 3 tattoo minimum to be a Louisville fan.

20. Facts
    10:19 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Don’t know how you come away saying Patrick is hand down better than the other two. I understand how you can rate him the favorite to start but he didn’t do anything to say he is hands down the best of the 3 and needs to be named the starter now. I thought it was clear Pat and Reese were the top 2 and ahead of Drew, but Pat didn’t do anything to go head and close off the competition for the starting job.

10:24 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Totally agree. This thing is wide open. While Pat and Reese are in the front, Barker has only been there for like 14 or 15 practices so far. He still got plenty of opportunities the other day and that shows me the coaches aren’t counting him out yet.

21. TrueBlue63
    10:19 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

This is happening:

Louisville Tattoo Arts Convention

22. The Twins
    10:21 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Best part about Twins coming back is our team will know how to practice! Wont have to spend 2 months teaching practice discipline. Practices will be much more efficient from the get go.

• rahrah
      10:48 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

+ fundamentals that the coaching staff got bogged down teaching early this past season.

23. Phil Robertson's Beard
    10:23 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Hawaii would be a tough drive…

24. Shocker
    10:23 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Surprise, Matt is wrong on another prediction. Got to take everything he says with a grain of salt.

25. Chris
    10:23 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Cal should tell his big men next year to not worry about fouling when playing defense. If we hack and they don’t call it fine if they do we have plenty of subs.

26. bleedblueky
    10:23 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Too bad since I’m actually planning a family trip to Hawaii during UK’s winter break 🙁

27. Dud Wash
    10:24 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Matt, if you did the show from Hawaii, you’d have to start it at 4:00am.

28. Rixter
    10:24 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Did Matt just scold me for talking about next year’s schedule which he says hasnt been announced yet, then he just went thru next year’s schedule???

Unless we’re playing at Cameron Indoor, we’re going to be favored in every game we play

29. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:25 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

No one is more disappointed about the Hawaii trip being cancelled than John Robic and his vast collection of Tommy Bahama Shirts.

30. Delk for 3
    10:25 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Elephant ears or Tiger ears. They were called both at the Ky. State Fair years ago. Possibly still are.

31. Chandler
    10:26 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I was in the library yesterday and I seen J. Randle. I just thought it was impressive that he is gonna be a millionaire in a couple months and he still taking care of his freshman class work. props

32. Laker Cat 18
    10:26 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I love elephant ears. They have them at our county fair. Not really a funnel cake. Flat dough with cinnamon sugar on it. Good stuff.

33. Cornflakes81
    10:26 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Any chance of a podcast of Fridays special afternoon show.

34. Cornflakes81
    10:28 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

But it’s not on itunes correct.

35. Bahama Mama
    10:29 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Matt, can you give us any sort of timeline for the summer trip to the Bahamas. Those of us wanting to go would like to book something ASAP

36. Rixter
    10:29 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Tell Pat Forde we’re allowed to change our minds about guys. See: Rick Pitino.

37. realme
    10:32 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I was frustrated with the twins at some points last season. But instead of calling radio shows and posting mean stuff online, I decided to give them/Cal time to develop, and now I love them. Hopefully they get so much support this year that they can forget all about the jerk portion of our fan base from last season.

38. Delk for 3
    10:32 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Can we agree that Cal is not going to start all upperclassmen next season? I feel very confident that at least one freshmen cracks the starting five.

39. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:32 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Pat Forde talked to all of Donald Sterling’s close associates and is reporting that he is a civil rights leader.

40. STOOPS TROOPS
    10:33 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I root for the Cats and the Bengals. I know all that needs to be known about football.

41. cheercat9
    10:36 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Since we have so many McDonald All-Americans do you think Ronald McDonald will do the Y at a game? #BBN forever

42. Jewelielou
    10:37 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Friday was a historic day for me as well, I lived through my first KSR site crash. I ferl like it was a rite of passage for me as a KSR fan.

43. ya boi
    10:37 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

should we be concerned with no ‘go to’ scorer/superstar on this team? like a wall/cousins/davis/randle?

• realme
      10:44 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Maybe the balance they will have will make it so that they actually destroy some teams instead of letting everyone hang in.

• Aaron Harrison
      10:58 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I’m not a ‘go to’ scorer? I guess the team shouldn’t have gotten me the ball against Michigan and Wisconsin then.

11:22 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I think Karl Towns, Booker, or Aaron can fulfill that role. Towns is a fantastic scorer and can knock down shots from all over the court.

44. The Real Todd the Bod
    10:37 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Is Pat Forde a bigger douche than Donald Sterling? probably not but its close

45. Supposed to be Working
    10:38 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Matt, discuss the huge spike in visitors that caused the site to crash on Friday… Give us some raw data

46. Laker Cat 18
    10:38 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

What happened to this Forde story you’ve been holding back on? Can we get that today or does he have a similar story on the folks at KSR that he’s holding for collateral?

47. wildcatdon
    10:38 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Welcome back Kotter on tv probably tonight on Metv channel.

48. Spring Game
    10:39 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

It seems that according to KSR the most important thing about the spring game was the twins showed up. Come on guys football is a great game. Give it some air time.

49. Mike Honcho
    10:39 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

MATT – Would you describe Forde as irresponsibly maniacal?

50. f forde
    10:39 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Matt, it is time to tell Pat Forde’s story to destroy him

51. Fat Porde
    10:40 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Sources say that Matt Jones is leaving KSR for the Afternoon Underoos and Ricky 3 Stacks has taken a vow of celibacy.

52. Benji
    10:40 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I’m getting married on Derby Day!

53. The Real Todd the Bod
    10:40 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Matt, Can the Harrison’s returning kill the failure feeling if your not 1 and done? Also if Willie drops his draft spot (barring injury I don’t see how) will that have the opposite effect?

54. Jax Teller
    10:40 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

What stuck out the most for me Saturday was when I was at the Cat Walk. UK finally passes the football player “look test”. I’m 6’4″ and almost every guy was as tall if not taller than I am. Years past they looked undersized. These guys are big.

55. Fake Professor
    10:41 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I try told Ryan not to wreck his car and he did it anyway….

56. tim walker
    10:41 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Tonya Harding was at the Southside Pub in Lex. Sat. Drunk and foul. Kentucky Joe at the game Sat. Asked if we knew who he was. Sang his new song and is going to Nashville in 2 weeks to further his career.

57. The Real Todd the Bod
    10:42 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

The Turkey Hunter has to find a way on the show more often! Brings crazy comedy!

58. Butters
    10:44 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

How did Jeff Goodman get the balls off of my chin and into his cheeks???

• The Real Todd the Bod
      10:46 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Dumbest comment of the day award!

59. Scout714
    10:45 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Matt, could you get the guy from Chicago on show sometimes. Would love to hear his story

• realme
      10:48 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I’m surprised someone doing Fake Voice Over Guy hasn’t called in already.

60. tooblueforyou
    10:46 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Matt, you need to have that voice over guy read some Conway Twitty lyrics for intros

61. elkcity2224
    10:47 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

You cant give the scholarship to Brian Long cause he wouldn’t appreciate it.

62. Big Curt
    10:48 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Matt-

I will go with Johnny Cash.

63. Daniel S.
    10:48 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

14 Game lead of KU.

64. Earth Day
    10:48 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Not naming Towles as starter is chicken Sh** by these coaches. They made us pay $40 a game last year to sit and watch boring Whitlow and Smith. They threw Towles a bone yesterday so he won’t transfer. They had him with the scout team all last season, what a joke!
    Barker will start when it’s all said and done. Any Stoops recruit has a free ride over any Joker recruit.

Plain, simple, and a proven fact!!!!

• The Real Todd the Bod
      10:50 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Your really a whiner! No one made you pay $40 a game! Let’s call Joker and see if he wants his job back so ticket prices can go down? Dumb

65. The Real Todd the Bod
    10:48 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Wonder how Wiltjer feels after transferring and missing out on two great years at KY?

66. TAXman
    10:49 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Keith Richards died 17 years ago. He’s being propped up by Jagger’s ego a la Weekend at Bernies.

67. Edd
    10:50 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Pete Thamel is investigating certain illegal activities by Willie Nelson.

68. mitch
    10:50 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Matt. We are just BARELY ahead of Kansas in all time wins. We are just 10 ahead of Kansas. 21 more wins than North Carolina. 110 more than Duke. Too close for comfort with Kansas and North Carolina.

• The Real Todd the Bod
      10:51 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

The question was about tournament wins, not all time wins

• 1978best
      11:05 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Actually wiki only has through 2013. UK picked up 4 more wins on Kansas and 5 more on UNC so they now lead Kansas by 14.

69. Travis
    10:51 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

What about Johnny Cash? I think he is a good artist that appeals to many generations and social classes.

70. Delaney Hanley
    10:51 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I would say that Johnny Short is liked by a very diverse crowd as well.

71. Delk for 3
    10:52 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

If I were a recruit, I could see myself becoming a Longhorn if I got to be cool with Kevin Durant and was advised by him to go to Texas.

72. Clippers Statement
    10:52 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Clippers Make A Collective Statement http://t.co/OpbrJAMEQy

73. Bryan in Florida
    10:52 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

What about Jimmy Buffett?

74. Call The Ball
    10:53 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Turned the key over when I got back in the truck, first thing I heard was Matt say “transvestites love Dolly Parton”.

75. John
    10:54 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Absolutely right on Barker starting. The coaching staff gave themselves a raise just last week. Come the first football game, Barker will be the #1, the coaching staff can have the BBN drinking the blue Kool Aid about how they recruited talent, regardless if Barker is ahead of anyone.
    Barker has the job. They can say how they improved him since the spring game. Pay check city for them, cha ching!!

76. Delaney Hanley
    10:54 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Keith Richards needs to be dissected when he dies to see how he’s done heroin all those yrs and is still alive.

77. Supposed to be Working
    10:56 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

When Keith Richards dies, his liver will be used to line space shuttles due to its indestructible nature

78. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:57 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Is the foot stabber entering a new phase and going after shoulders?

79. Woodland Avenue
    10:57 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I wonder if Ryan ‘I hate the homeless’ Lemond parties with Donald Sterling.

80. Delk for 3
    11:01 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I agree with Matt about Ryan’s attitude toward the homeless. That’s messed up Ryan.

81. Shane
    11:02 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Eric Bledsoe and his mom were homeless at one time. I wonder if Ryan’s intolerance to the homeless includes Eric and his mom or has Eric’s new found wealth mad him worthy in Ryan’s eyes.

82. Delk for 3
    11:03 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Too bad about Dr. Jack Ramsay. Rest in Peace. The guy knew his hoops and was a good TV guy.

83. Ryan lemmond derby idea
    11:03 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

He has to get stabbed by a homeless person at tin roof while whillow smoothes his back out.

84. darrell hughes
    11:09 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

They always say money talks, all I ever hear it say is goodbye.

85. Big J Dawg
    11:12 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Matt, 2 things:
    1) Does it make more sense to go after a 5th year transfer Small Forward to give the unused scholarship to (someone looking for a masters, play under UK brand before potentially going overseas)?

2) Do the Commonwealth/ Rupp renovations need to think about adding alcohol selling stations?

86. Delaney Hanley
    11:14 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Matt you should have your book signing at Boone’s Butcher Shop and The Old Talbott Tavern I would camp out over night.

87. Kidnut
    11:15 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I think Kentucky Joe is now being paid by KSR for his appearances.

88. Delk for 3
    11:15 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Matt, Kentucky Joe, and Stone Cold Willow: Brothers For Life.

89. K1C4
    11:15 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Is Ky Joe on the registry? If not how did he miss it?

90. TAXman
    11:15 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

\I’ve never seen Kentucky Joe before, but he showed up in a dream and he was just as creepy as i imagine he is in real life. I grabbed my daughter when i saw him and took off the opposite direction.

91. JPL
    11:16 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

There was a scary incident while we waited for the Kat Walk. An elderly lady was overcome by the heat and standing for such a long passed out against the fence. She was on the same side as the Nutter practice facility.

92. Airport Guy
    11:16 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Matt

I work at the airport and Kenny came through Friday morning. Although, I did not ask if he was recruiting, we did speak and joked bout his recruiting trip the previous week. I do not remember his final destination but it was not Mississippi.

93. Delk for 3
    11:16 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

How awesome would it be to kick off basketball season with a football win over Louisville?

94. FACTS
    11:18 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

They even sell themselves out to win by allocating $10 million from the schools budget to the athletic budget but yet they still claim to be one of the most profitable athletic departments but yet they actually are not self sustaining with out the school having to allocate funds to the athletic department.

95. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:18 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

The crazy preacher that is yelling outside will have to keep much later hours if they open a bar in the student center.

96. Fake BTI
    11:19 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

How dare you be so excited, Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

97. Delk for 3
    11:19 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I’ve never been much of a fan of Thanksgiving, but I’m going to start to enjoy that weekend now that the football game is that week.

98. Cat Fan in Austin TX
    11:21 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I think the summer trip is really going to help for next season. If we get somebody to step up and be a defender like Kidd-Gilchrist, we will be REALLY good.

We can have a 2012-esque year. That year we beat Kansas in the champions classic, UNC at home. So we could have some deja-vu.

There will be a couple games where we get screwed by the refs of course.

I say 36-4 or 35-5, ending in #9.

11:23 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Cal will be determined to make this team one of his better defensive teams.

99. tuxedo park
    11:22 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Man, Sterling’s lady friend really, really stuck it to him… Crazy.

11:24 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

That’s what the old dumba$$ deserves.

• tuxedo park
      11:25 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

He did deserve it, but man, she BLASTED that dude! She’s cold as ice!

11:34 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I thought the same thing.

100. Dwayne
    11:24 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Didn’t he tell her to tape him because he couldn’t remember what he says or something????

101. inlinefor9
    11:24 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Donald Sterling – Racist California Democrat….allegedly.

102. gossie21
    11:25 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

80 year-olds who date 20-somethings are more podcast listeners.

103. Kanye
    11:25 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I ain’t sayin she a gold digga, but she ain’t messin with no broke clippa

104. inlinefor9
    11:25 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

The Clippers are the most cursed sports organization of all time. After decades of terrible luck they finally get a good team, and the owner rips off racist comments and derails the best team they’ve had in a long, long time.

105. Laker Cat 18
    11:26 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Why don’t we bring in Richie as a special assistant upon his release? He’s a Kentucky boy.

106. Common Sense
    11:26 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Thoughts on Spring GAme:

I really like this team. Got a feeling this defense is going to be tough.

Hytchye is our best cover corner

AJ Stamps really does play like Cam Chancelor

Cant wait to see guys like Blake Bone, Dorian Baker and Boom Williams arrive. Talk about giving the offense another big boost.

That play Timmons turned that 4yd pass to a 15 yd gain was crazy….saw flashes of Reggie Bush how he juked those guys.

Elam will really help us defensively. Line him up over Center and a guard will HAVE to crash down opening lanes up for Bud and Zadarius as well as our LB.

Also, something to remember is that Bud and Zadarius didnt play together…

Our RB’s I think talent wise and depth wise rank in the top 5 in the SEC.

Dorian Hendrix will eventually start at LB….kid can REALLY RUN.

Meant is unbelieveable… 295lbs and can run a 4.65-40…..wow!

There is only 1 game I see as “unwinnable” and thats LSU…. USCjr lost their QB, 2 DL, Starting LB, Safety. UF will struggle again….absolutely no QB or play-makers at WR. UGA has to replace their QB and lose 4 guys from defense. Mizzou loses QB, 2 D-linemen, DGB and 2 other WR with their RB. We were a decent QB away from beating Miss St. and Vandy. UofL is Bridgewater-less….Will be interesting to see…. STOOPS TROOPS!

11:35 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I agree about Timmons. He is a special, special talent. We’re very fortunate to have him.

107. TheGrayBeardedOne
    11:26 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

With this new alcohol rule, are you worried that U of L fans will show up in droves?

108. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:29 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Pat down for them recorders, boys. Word on the street is that Wheeler’s Pharmacy and the ROC are new hotspots for gold diggers in Lexington.

109. Loserville sucks
    11:29 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Now if loogieville could claim tattoo sales they would be hands down the most profitable.

110. Wasper
    11:30 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Louisville has the perfect storm: selling alcohol at games to an arena full of alcoholics. How do you beat that?

111. Mitch
    11:31 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Wouldn’t UL’s profit from basketball be skewed by the fact that their lease of the Yum Center is so cheap that the profit margin would be higher for above average revenue?

112. Edd
    11:31 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

UL fans like that caller are the same ones who will tout their life doesn’t revolve around basketball. But, only after a losing streak.

113. Supposed to be Working
    11:32 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Matt, in regards to the Sterling matter, what is the law on recording someone without their permission?

• CATandMONKEY
      11:42 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I believe it varies by state.

114. K1C4
    11:33 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

UL fans remind me of my friends who only fish or play golf because they get to drink.

115. Common Sense
    11:37 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Starting Lineup for Next Year:

Andrew Harrison
    Aaron Harrison
    Alex Poythress
    Trey Lyles
    WCS

Alternate Lineup Used A Lot

Andrew Harrison
    Aaron Harrison
    Booker
    Towns
    WCS

Line-up for the small quick guards:

Ulis
    Andrew
    Aaron/Booker
    Marcus Lee
    WCS

• Woodland Avenue
      11:39 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Are you aware that Dakari is returning?

11:42 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I could see Booker or Lyles starting at 3 over Poythress.

• Common Sense
      11:44 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I meant Dakari in 1st lineup

116. Kidnut
    11:37 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Captain America Winter Soldier is better than the first.

117. tuxedo park
    11:37 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

i would love to see us press. Johnson is slow, but if you have a healthy WCS out these he is a deer, he can run with anyone. Not sure about Ulis’s defense, but i can imagine he’s fast as lightning. and Hawkins can harass as well. Poy has speed as well.

118. Cat Fan in Austin TX
    11:37 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Matt,

Cal is NOT going to play 10 guys. EVER. No matter how deep the bench is.

119. Delk for 3
    11:38 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I’m with Shannon. I’ve never seen Star Wars.

11:40 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Movies like Star Wars aren’t my cup of tea.

120. Mr. Handsome
    11:38 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Shannon is a disgraceful human being.

121. Laker Cat 18
    11:38 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

The movies that followed the original Beverly Hills Cop were pretty good.

122. Wasper
    11:38 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

The Dark Knight was better than Batman Begins

123. DREWBLUE
    11:39 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Agree with Shannon, Saw Star Wars when it first came out and have never seen another one.

124. Delk for 3
    11:39 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Note to self: Shannon is 31 years-old. I need to remember that because you know there will be a contest again soon in which we need to guess the group’s total age.

• Chris
      11:51 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I know your post on Towles was earlier.. But i wanted u to see this Delk for 3… Delk for 3 posts on here are 99% great and seem objective.. BUT the QB situation is u at your worst.. U were very clear it was Barker or nothing at QB before spring game.. But u are usually very fair but not here.. It was not even close Towles made at least 6 NFL out routes throws on a freakin line!! Reese had his out route passes jumped almost every time he threw it , he easily could have had 3 ints..And Barker who will be great had wobbly passes and went 7 for 19 passing..If u watched that game and didnt see a huge gap in talent where they are right now? Then im sorry to say u are just a Barker fan-boy.. Last year i admitted Towles wasnt ready but i havent heard anyone but u say that this year!! Delk for 3 Barker has a nice ring to it!! lol

125. Rusty Pipes
    11:39 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

You are not American if you haven’t seen Star Wars…bad form Shannon the dude

126. Jared
    11:39 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Shannon, I’m 31 and I have never seen Star Wars.

127. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:39 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

You guys obviously didn’t see Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel

128. ukbradstith
    11:39 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

T2 is the best sequel, possibly one of the 10 best movies of all time. Shannon, even if you don’t like Star Wars, you have to watch it just to say you’ve seen it. Although I haven’t seen Godfather, so guess I can’t talk.

129. Edd
    11:39 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Electric Boogaloo 2 cleared up a lot of unanswered issues from the first one.

130. Wasper
    11:40 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

This does lead to the question of which is the best Rocky movie? I say IV

• ukbradstith
      11:44 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Rocky and Rocky Balboa are the two best movies of the series based and story, acting etc. without a doubt. III and IV might be the most entrtaining though.

131. BillTheCat
    11:40 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Star Trek II: Wrath of Kahn was much better than the original.

132. JackB
    11:40 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Better Sequels:

Godfather 2 best movie of all time.
    Aliens is better than Alien.
    2014-15 Cats better than 2013-14 Cats.

• tuxedo park
      11:45 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Alien is way better than Aliens. It was a tense, moody science fiction horror film, and Aliens was overblown and shlocky.

133. Jay in Lyndon
    11:41 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

UofL should tread lightly with this whole we are “Money Making U” thing. With the hot topics of paying players, unionization, and NCAA sensitivity on money, Louisville is making a huge mistake with advertising the revenue they make and shoe contract money. They are setting themselves up for a fall.

134. realme
    11:41 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Let’s not take his calls anymore.

135. Mr. Handsome
    11:41 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I am disturbed by how many people haven’t seen Star Wars on this show thread.

136. Edd
    11:42 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Edd gets creeped out when KY Joe refers to himself in 3rd person.

137. Walter White
    11:42 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Ky Joe needs to start taking his meds. Why doesn’t he just mind his own business and leave people alone.

138. Common Sense
    11:42 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I agree with Josh Clemmons could be All SEC….Guy is the most put together back we have…

11:45 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I don’t think he will get enough carries each game to get such a recognition — unless he gets a bunch of goal-line touchdowns. I think Jo Jo Kemp will still get the bulk of the snaps.

• Common Sense
      11:47 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I dono, as fast as Kemp is, Braylon is faster….Braylon just glides…running looks so easy for him

11:50 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I think it will come down mostly to who can catch passes out of the backfield best. That’s why I’m giving the edge to Jo Jo right now.

139. inlinefor9
    11:42 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

KY Joe creeps me out. Can’t listen to him anymore

140. JackB
    11:43 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Superhero movies aren’t really helpful to this discussion of what is a sequel or not. The entire body of comic book hero stories have been written for years, and the first movie has to include the origin story – so it is limited in what it can do.

• ukbradstith
      11:46 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Agree. Really good point. More of continuation of stories than a true sequel often times.

141. Bicycle Seat Sniffer
    11:43 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I need a truck to run Joe over…

142. Michaelangelo
    11:43 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Teenage mutant Ninja turtle II. Ten times better than the first. They had the cool hideout in the abandon subway, beebop and rocksteady were first seen it, and the epic cameo of Vanilla Ice! Go ninja, go ninja, go!!!

143. Delk for 3
    11:44 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I think it will be extremely intriguing to see what Cal does with playing time and the starting lineup next season. Practices are going to be cut-throat competitive.

144. zg
    11:45 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

might go buy a truck to get away from Joe

145. Woodland Avenue
    11:45 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I fear it’s only a matter of time before dozens of bodies are found buried under KY Joe’s basement.

146. Hambone

Empire Strikes Back > Star Wars

148. tuxedo park
    11:45 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

what did Joe say?

149. Common Sense
    11:46 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I think Poythress makes the jump that Darius made from his JR to SR season. I tell Poythress “if you put the ball on the floor, you have 3 maybe 4 dribbles to make your move.”

150. Reddington
    11:46 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

If you haven’t seen Star Wars, isn’t it one of those things that’s like, “What’s the point?” It’s so hyped that anyone that watches it now won’t get it at all and will wonder what the big deal is.

151. Delk for 3
    11:46 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

The first Rocky is fantastic.

152. Delk for 3
    11:47 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

The first Mighty Ducks is much better than the second.

153. Young Jeezy
    11:47 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Superman 2 better than Superman

154. elkcity2224
    11:48 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Rocky III and IV are better than Rocky I

155. Delk for 3
    11:48 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

J-Rock hasn’t called in a long time.

156. KCK
    11:49 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

And a recent example: The Raid II > The Raid, although both are insanely awesome.

157. Thomas
    11:49 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Toy Story 3 > 1 > 2

158. BLUE BLY
    11:49 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

BREAKING VS. BREAKING 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

159. Hollahollaholla
    11:50 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I would say UofL does football better than us, considering we are 4-20 over the past two years, and they’ve beaten us like 4 years in a row.

160. TAXman
    11:50 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Party atmosphere is better at YUM! because they are all drunk. even the music guy.

161. Boone
    11:50 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

The sequel to the Class of 2014 Freshman Year

162. Laker Cat 18
    11:50 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

How about Obama’s sequel? How does that one fair compared to the first?

163. Walter White
    11:51 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Gone With The Wind 2 sucked.

164. lester
    11:51 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Clerks II is better than Clerks there you go Matt!!!

165. zg
    11:52 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

dom papa better be reporting the games

166. LynchMobJr
    11:52 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Rush Hour 2

167. Woodland Avenue
    11:52 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

I’m waiting for “Snakes On A Train”

• TAXman
      11:55 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

better than the construction version “Snakes on a Crane” or the farm version “Snakes in your Grain” or the latin version “Snakes in Spain”.

168. TAXman
    11:54 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

There has been entirely too much association with Kentucky Joe and Sleep Outfitters. I’m sure Sleep Outfitters would like you to stop that.

169. Waddy Body
    11:55 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Football team looked great. I am very excited about the future but the announcer at the games drives me nuts. He mispronounced 2 player names in the first half multiple times, corrected 1 of them in the second. Also misidentified some players. It seems that if that is your only job you would get it right.

170. Cats
    11:56 am April 28, 2014 Permalink

Christmas Vacation better than original.

171. creeknut
    12:28 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

heard KY Joe call in…. My daughter and I were there about 10:30 sat – he walks up and asks, “Do you know who I am?”….. NO! Then, tells us who he is… Asks me if I have an iphone 3 times… No, I don’t…. Then asks me 5-6 times if we want a pic with him… Finally relented, and my daughter’s (11 yr old) face in the pic is priceless! I finally figured out he asked if we had an “iphone” so we could take a pic of him – so really, he asked us about 10 times for a pic! Hilarious!

172. arlo
    12:54 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

if there had been a sequel to Rat Boy, starring sondra locke, it might have been best ever. classis.

173. bowling balls
    6:55 pm April 28, 2014 Permalink

You need to take part in a contest for one of the highest quality websites online.
    I’m going to highly recommend this website!