Recapping a great weekend (Monday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang will recap Kentucky’s huge win over Mississippi State and Tiger’s first PGA tour win in five years. It was a great, great weekend in sports, so fill up that coffee cup and relive it with the KSR crew.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

80 Comments for Recapping a great weekend (Monday Show Thread)

1. Iamheasyouarehe
    10:00 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

One of the best moments in the game was when Benny went in and half the Miss St.defense ran off the field and were replaced by the Benny defensive team.. Everyone knew Benny was running the ball and they still couldn’t stop him.

• runningunnin.454
      10:18 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

The Easter Bunny and Sasquatch say there’s no such thing as a Benny Defense…that works.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:38 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Has the tooth fairy weighed in yet?

10:51 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Benny just ran in another touchdown.

• runningunnin.454
      11:04 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Tooth Fairy says, “Benny for Heisman”.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:01 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

I just love smash-mouth defense; Miss St was ready to go home after the 3rd quarter.

• UK Big Board Update
      10:03 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

They were completely mind f***ed. And it was great.

• UK Big Board Update
      10:04 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

#4thand39 LOL

• They’re still looking for Josh Allen.

Did you ever think we would see a player at UK like this, that no one could block, like Jeveon Kearse (sp?), Alex (something), both whom played for Florida. See also Cornelius Bennett & Derrick Thomas of Bama.

• runningunnin.454
      10:34 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

He played different position; but, only one I can think of is Art Still…they finally quit running to his side of the line, too.

10:37 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Josh Allen just made MSU false start again.

• runningunnin.454
      10:45 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Josh was in their left tackle’s head; he was totally spooked.

10:50 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Josh Allen was in everyone’s head on MSU. He was directly responsible for at least 4 false start penalties on MSU. They could not block him. And, MSU should have been called for holding him about 30 times at least.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:56 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

This just in…..Miss St. defensive end cited for jaywalking after jumping the crosswalk light.

• RealCatsFan
      11:01 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

The entire MSU offensive line is having recurring nightmares about Josh Allen. They are waking up in a cold sweat after dreaming that he is about to hit them again. PTJAD – Post Traumatic Josh Allen Disorder. ๐Ÿ˜€

11:11 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Fitzgerald is definitely having some nightmares about Josh Allen.

3. UK Big Board Update
    10:02 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Lets revisit some JULY HOT TAKES from the football experts in the comment section! Have fun! GO CATS #BBN

4. We’re just getting started bro!

5. Iamheasyouarehe
    10:12 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

• UK Big Board Update
      10:26 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

krautdog August 31, 2018 at 1:34 pm | Permalink
      Like It (0)
      5 โ€“ 7!

j4stone August 31, 2018 at 4:13 pm | Permalink
      Like It (0)
      I hate to be negative, but I only see a 4 win season. Iโ€™ve drank the kool aid in the past but they have to prove it to me before I believe the hype again. I understand that we are more talented than we have been in a very long time, but weโ€™ve heard that before as well. We are better, but so is everyone else.

Remind these “fans” any time they post.

6. secrick
    10:13 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

I just want to say way to go OFFENSIVE LINE what a game you played

7. CATandMONKEY
    10:14 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Finally they are reaping the rewards of many building years.

This team can now play with the big boys. Perhaps not yet beat all of them but now we can match up, toe to toe and not take a step back with second and third units.

I believe.

• That’s a really good point. Stoops made a veiled allusion to the fact that the Mumme type team just isn’t going to work in the SEC and that you have to build a physical team. I hate to say it because I loved his offense as much as anyone, but it only worked when we had Tim Couch & Craig Yeast and company. Granted, you have to have players. It’s not like Bama is doing it with 2 stars (with all due respect to Josh).

10:39 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

I always wanted one of those teams with great offensive and defensive lines where you could just push teams around and do whatever we wanted. We finally have that team and it’s every bit as awesome as I thought it would be. I am on cloud 9.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:49 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

As much as I can get behind gimmicky (if successful) offensive schemes; I have to accept that the only way to sustain success in this conference,is to own the trenches on both sides of the ball.

We finally have deep talent that can stand up to SEC competition. Who would have projected this level of play, knowing that Landon Young would be out? (Speedy recovery, Landon.)

10:52 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Price and Watkins have really stepped up.

8. Realme
    10:17 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

So cool to make a team like that lose their heads. Gotta win again so we can stay in the top 20. That’s where this team belongs.

• And finally shut up the smart guy experts who keep giving SC love every year even though they’re proven wrong every year. I know they improved over the year last year, but they’re still not as good as the “experts” thought this year.

We gotta win this game.

10:41 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Everyone is already picking South Carolina. That’s cool. I see how it is. Won’t change the outcome. It will only pour more gasoline on the Wildcat fire.

• Realme
      10:49 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Yeah. Keep that chip on our guys’ shoulders. Dare you.

• RealCatsFan
      11:04 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

South Carolina can’t be that good – they have Will Muschamp for chrissakes!

• ClutchCargo
      11:22 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

When things get a little tense in a game vs. S. Carolina, we can reassure ourselves by looking at the other sideline and seeing Muschamp over there.

9. More cowbell…NOT!!! lol

Full disclosure: 4everblueUK posted that comment Saturday night. I think I added the “NOT” though.

10. Realme
    10:21 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Drew and Ryan should be doing the post-game shows at the bar with Matt calling in.

11. Realme
    10:24 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

So proud of how well that crowd did in spite of the rain.

10:42 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

The crowd was lit.

• RealCatsFan
      11:16 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Mrs. RCF and I were talking about that – it looked like a really fun crowd. Wish we could have been there!

• ClutchCargo
      11:25 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

I swung by Academy on the way to Lexington and picked up a few cheap emergency ponchos. That did a good enough job of keeping us dry. The rain looked worse on tv than it actually was in the stadium. Having a special rally towel to dry off the seat was a bonus!

12. runningunnin.454
    10:29 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Did you see the UL kick returner catch the ball at the one yard line…and take a knee? LOL,
    Just call for the fair catch, and they get the ball at the 25, ha ha ha ha.

10:44 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

I’m calling it now. We’ll beat U of L by three touchdowns or more.

• runningunnin.454
      10:48 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

The card chron was hilarious Saturday,
      “Wilson and Snell going to embarrass us in our own stadium”
      “UK gonna beat us by 50”
      “We’re gonna get blowed out”
      Ha ha ha

• ClutchCargo
      11:28 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

rg, you had a better chance of being trampled by a herd of unicorns than finding that many non-delusional UofL fans.

13. Don’t forget Kash was chomping on a sandwich de pollo when he made that quote.

• Realme
      10:33 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

And he said Lee Corso needs to find a new job, lol. Or was that Benny?

• Booby Petrino
      10:44 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Real that was definitely Kash.

• runningunnin.454
      10:55 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

I tweeted his comment to the College Game Day crew…told them to buck up, Burger King is hiring.

• RealCatsFan
      11:06 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

If we beat the Cocks, I hope Kash is munching on another chicken sandwich when they interview him, and he throws in the line “Eat more Chicken!”. ๐Ÿ™‚

14. BTW, shout out to J-Dub. I saw a comment Saturday where she basically said “Don’t worry. We’re a 2nd half team.” NAILED IT!!!

I’ll check back in later. I’m busy with the Pensky file again.

C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS!!!

10:45 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

We’ve been a second half team all year, and people keep freaking out when it’s closer than they think it should be at the half. People need to calm down. This team knows how to close.

• ClutchCargo
      11:53 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

It’s a nice feeling to be fairly confident that our defense is going to lock down the opposing offense in the 3rd quarter.

15. ClutchCargo
    10:32 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

You’re next, South Carolina!

Happy to say I was at the game, rain and all, and loved almost every minute of it. If we have a crowd like that this Saturday, we’re going to steam roll USC Jr.

16. secrick
    10:36 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

And now i would like to say way to go DEFENSE what a game you played.

17. Bookie Cobbins Redshirt
    10:42 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Tobacco products are not allowed in Kroger Field. Make sure you guys know what you are talking about before you get Kash disciplined.

18. Booby Petrino
    10:43 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

I was bored yesterday so I slipped on over to Card Chronicle to see the meltdown their fanbase was having. It’s glorious. They are still so delusional. Two of the dumbest comments I saw:
    1) Wouldn’t it be funny to fire Petrino and steal Stoops from them? Not that we want Stoops but it would be funny to see how upset they’d be.
    2) UK is good at football and we’re working our way to a #1 recruiting class in basketball: it’s like we’re in an alternate universe.

HAHAHAHA As if Stoops would ever go to that dumpster fire. And as if Chris Mack is going to out-recruit Cal HAHAHAHAHA

• Realme
      10:48 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

That first comment is really funny. The second is maybe the dumbest statement ever made.

10:56 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Lol, U of L is excited over signing a 4* this weekend and they think they’re going to out-recruit us in basketball?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!! That’s a good one. ๐Ÿ™‚

• secrick
      10:59 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

They are so bad in both now the fans are grasping at anything they can.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:03 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

They don’t want Stoops, he hasn’t been involved in a scandal.

• RealCatsFan
      11:09 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Anyone else remember a few years ago when Stoops was under fire and someone tried to spread that nasty rumor that he was cheating on his wife? Probably a UofL fan. And I wish they had caught that person and publicly shamed them. I have been critical of Stoops in the past, but this year he has my full support and admiration. Excellent job so far by the ENTIRE coaching staff.

11:13 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

It was probably that troll who used to show up here only to spread completely baseless rumors. He was the only one talking about that on here, and he tried to start several rumors about various basketball players, etc.

• Realme
      11:17 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

The only reason I knew about that rumor was Justin Rowland was tweeting about it nonstop. He didn’t say it was confirmed, but just putting it out there like he did legitimized it online. Haven’t followed or respected him since.

11:28 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

I absolutely loathe rumors like that. Any idiot can say anything anonymously online.

• ClutchCargo
      11:33 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

They should have just stopped at “Wouldn’t it be funny if we fired Petrino?” and “UK is good at football.” On those two points we can agree.

19. secrick
    11:02 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Was the win Sat. night the biggest win in Ky Football ever.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:05 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

No- but maybe one of the best.

• runningunnin.454
      11:10 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Possibly; also have to consider #4 Penn State in the ’70’s, #1 and eventual National Champion LSU in ’07, and win over UL and their Heisman guy.

• RealCatsFan
      11:14 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

I also recall us beating Bama during the Mumme era and tearing down the goalposts.

• runningunnin.454
      11:17 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, and I recall we beat Ole Miss with Archie Manning when they were No. 1.
      Also Oklahoma in the ’50-51 Sugar Bowl.

• That Bama team in 97 wound up going like 5-6 though. RG is right about that 70s team and Art Still, Derrick Ramsey and company. It’s too bad we were on probation because I believe we would have been in the Sugar Bowl. As I recall, a tie for the SEC championship always meant that the team who hadn’t been there the longest would go, and we tied Bama I believe. Our only loss was to Baylor, which is a team we probably should have beaten.

20. RealCatsFan
    11:13 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

I went with Mrs. RCF to Bourbon and Beyond on Saturday, so I had to DVR the game. Wow, talk about a mud fest. I wore shorts and running shoes based on the morning forecast of “30 percent chance of scattered showers”. What a crock. I nearly had my shoes sucked off several times by the 4 inches of mud all over the field. Music was good, had enough beer in me not to care that much, and it was fun walking out of there to cheers of “C-A-T-S” on the way out. Spent yesterday evening on the comfort of my couch watching the replay of the game. Awesome!

• secrick
      11:50 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

I watched the game again yesterday to, are we crazy or what?

• secrick
      11:52 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Sorry RCF, didn’t read your post good enough. I quess i am then only crazy one.

• ClutchCargo
      11:56 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

Me watching the recording after I got home from the game (2 hr drive), and going to bed at like 4 a.m., might qualify me as crazy