uk-van

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Matt, Ryan, and Drew will recap Kentucky’s big win over Vandy on Saturday and last night’s open practice, as well as give their thoughts on one big ole mess of a debate and Friday’s Big Blue Madness. Tune in for that and much, much more.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

30 Comments for Recapping a big win over Vandy and last night’s open practice (Monday Show Thread)

1. CATandMONKEY
    10:18 am October 10, 2016 Permalink

Well,
    we won.

The team had some very “UK” moments but still played some real football. Vandy TE and receivers were rather generous on the last play but I’ll take it.

• J-Dub421
      10:30 am October 10, 2016 Permalink

I’ll take the win. It doesn’t have to be pretty.

• RealCatsFan
      10:32 am October 10, 2016 Permalink

Agree, at this point, style points are completely optional.

• Yeah, I just wish we hadn’t let a terrible QB drive his team down the field at the end like he was Joe Montana (even though they didn’t score).

Agreed though, I’ll take it.

Now, to make a bowl we have to beat Austin Peay & both teams that start with “Miss”. I just don’t see beating UGA and certainly not UL or UT unfortunately.

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:13 am October 10, 2016 Permalink

And we are 0-1 this year against teams with MISS in their names…

2. RealCatsFan
    10:23 am October 10, 2016 Permalink

It seemed to me like neither team really wanted the win. Didn’t watch the game up close – was in a bar.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:26 am October 10, 2016 Permalink

My 13 year old nephew thought this Britney Spears parody was hilarious. I, of course, have no comment. 🙂

4. I wasn’t going to bring up the “P” word, but since Matt did: someone tweeted Matt over the weekend with the best response to all this. He said something like:

“You’re a lawyer. Should I commit a felony so I can sit this election out?”

Hilarious!!! (and sad at the same time)

5. Maybe that guy’s related to Blake Bone. 🙂

6. Helloooooooooooooooooooooooo??????????????????????

Even more dead than usual today.

• J-Dub421
      11:01 am October 10, 2016 Permalink

We may have to break out some recipes or Seinfeld quotes.

7. secrick
    11:02 am October 10, 2016 Permalink

I thought the defense played good Sat. only gave up 6 points. We let the quarterback look good on the last drive because we were afraid of the long bomb i think. Ha Fla only scored 13 on Vandy . Johnson looked bad i thought and we won any way.

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:10 am October 10, 2016 Permalink

Vandy actually scored more against our Offense than our defense. Second straight nice performance by the “D”, I think.

• J-Dub421
      11:11 am October 10, 2016 Permalink

Agreed the defense has really picked it up the last few games.

8. Sentient Third Eye
    11:02 am October 10, 2016 Permalink

Why is it so quiet here now? This place used to be busy. Are they all on twitter now? That’s depressing. Who says evolution doesn’t also work in reverse?

• ukjaybrat
      11:16 am October 10, 2016 Permalink

I considered going to twitter bc that interface is much easier on mobile than here and i tend to be on mobile a LOT more lately. but when i’m at my desk i’m usually in here

• The hosts haven’t paid attention to the Show Thread in quite some time, so it’s never as busy as it used to be. I eventually did open a Twitter account but rarely use it. I did make it on the Top 10 Tweets one time! Maybe I’ll be a Youtube star one day! Hah!

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:35 am October 10, 2016 Permalink

Twitter causes me to have a visceral reaction. There are times when important things can be expressed in 140 characters or less, but not often. Most of the time, the medium dumbs down the level of discussion to pre-school levels. Even major politicians who fall into the trap of arguing on Twitter end up looking like silly sixteen year old schoolgirls fighting over boys.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:56 am October 10, 2016 Permalink

No Tweets here, for exactly the reasons outlined by Sentient above.
      Any news worth my notice probably requires more than 140 characters to be properly informative.

• RealCatsFan
      12:00 pm October 10, 2016 Permalink

Sadly, the younger generations live their lives that way – in tiny little snippets because their attention span has been shortened to the point that Twitter, Instagram, and SnapChat are the only thing that they want to spend time with. As a parent of a 14 YO and a 12 YO, I have had my fill of it.

• Sentient Third Eye
      12:16 pm October 10, 2016 Permalink

I have a 9 yr old myself. I guess if nothing else, the younger generation is pithy.

9. J-Dub421
    11:10 am October 10, 2016 Permalink

Wow, I knew Matt had seizures, but I didn’t know it was like that. That’s scary.

10. secrick
    11:19 am October 10, 2016 Permalink

We win the next 2 and things around football really will start to pick up, the buzz is what i am talking about.

11. RealCatsFan
    11:53 am October 10, 2016 Permalink

I thought Matt was going to say that Captain Suntan did a great job rotating around and getting an even tan. And he has good traps.

12. RealCatsFan
    11:56 am October 10, 2016 Permalink

I am just saddened that Trump is the best that the Republican party could come up with. As an independent, this was the year that I was ready for a viable conservative candidate to strongly consider for my vote. But there is no way I will vote for Trump. Dude is a complete azzhole, IMO. If he tried to grab my wife by the P**** like he bragged about, I would punch him in the mouth. And then he would sue me, no doubt.

And I don’t like Hillary either. It’s just sad.

• Sentient Third Eye
      12:09 pm October 10, 2016 Permalink

Politics are so poisoned in America now that no actually-qualified candidates will run. We just get whatever worthless scraps are left on the bottom of the barrel.