Recapping a big win over Missouri (Monday Show Thread)

Photo by UK Athletics

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the guys will break down UK’s big win over Missouri and look ahead to Eastern Kentucky. They’ll also tell us how they did in their Fan Duel league. Has the Curse de Lemond been lifted? Tune in to find out.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

60 Comments for Recapping a big win over Missouri (Monday Show Thread)

1. ukjaybrat
    9:54 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Still no UK_JB… when do we send out an APB?
    Great win over the weekend. Looking forward to going into THursday night game i na couple weeks at 4-1… GBB !

• Booby Petrino
      11:17 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Has anyone checked his Twitter to make sure he’s ok? I’m not on Twitter.

• ukjaybrat
      11:38 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

I couldn’t find him on twitter last week (I was’t already friends with him – so maybe privacy settings?)

• DrSayre
      12:01 pm September 28, 2015 Permalink

He tweeted a hour ago about KSR so he’s around and still listens… I’ll message him you asked about his. My guess is work is keeping him from posting first, but that’s just a guess.

• ukjaybrat
      12:04 pm September 28, 2015 Permalink

well at least he’s alive 😛
      I just assumed he was on vacation… but it’s been a week and a half since he last posted here..

2. Daniel
    9:57 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

That’s how you play football!!!! Beautiful game! Bring on EKU!

3. CATandMONKEY
    10:09 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

10%

4. CATandMONKEY
    10:11 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

I have known farmers that keep five-grand in their overalls.
    Returning all of it is the only thing to do.

5. Realme
    10:12 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Happy for Towles and the team for bouncing back and not just winning, but playing great to do so.

6. Mr. Blonde
    10:14 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

$100 is less than most handling fees for $8000.

7. bigbluecoop
    10:15 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Mizzou’s (only) TD drive was aided immensely by 3 non-calls for offensive holding and an iffy personal foul.

• The Rest of the story
      10:39 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

I never seen a team get away with more holding calls than Missouri.

8. Chandler
    10:15 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

I lost my wallet at the Florida (don’t ask how). I had very little cash in the wallet but the biggest headache has been getting all my items back etc. Drivers License, Bank Card, Insurance Card, Rewards Cards, Soc. Sec Card. If ever you find a wallet please turn it in. The heck with money.

• unwise
      11:07 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Why in the world would you carry a Social Secuity Card in your wallet? Leave it at home, or better yet, put it in a safe deposit box. Did you also have a slip of paper with your online banking username and password written on it? Good luck getting all your items replaced… and you better be checking your credit report in the future to make sure somebody hasn’t made use of your social sec. #!!

• ukjaybrat
      11:13 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

i think it’s an old timer way of thinking. my dad used to tell me to keep my ssc in my wallet. The older folks grew up in a day when identity theft was few and far between (if ever)… but yes, in today’s age, it is completely naive (unwise) to carry it on your person. Mine is in a safe at home with my passport

9. Sgt. Stadenko
    10:18 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Shannon has an extremely depressing life view. Going through life thinking everyone is horrible.

• Ha!
      11:44 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Oh, the irony of this comment! Classic.

10. WesHos
    10:18 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

I’ll admit it, I would take all the money and throw the wallet in a dumpster.

11. bigbluecoop
    10:20 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

If I’m carrying that much cash I’m constantly checking my pocket every 30 seconds. I check my pockets for my car keys several times after I get to my destination.

12. CATandMONKEY
    10:21 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Integrity isn’t very high on STD’s list of personal attributes.
    Ryan on the other hand would call the cops and narc on his neighbor only for owning a 20-year old issue of High Times. Extemism at its worst on both sides.

13. Caller Police
    10:28 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Chester – best fake caller of all time?

14. J-Dub421
    10:28 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m still smiling after that win on Saturday night. 🙂

15. Kyle
    10:31 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

I love Chester’s enthusiasm, but he is over the top. I know we should have higher expectations but I think he sets his a little too high. We aren’t winning 9 games.

I’m happy we are 3-1, but we haven’t beaten anyone we shouldn’t have yet (we are better than USC and Mizzou).

• ukjaybrat
      11:03 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

but the only teams … left on our schedule that are clearly better than us are Tenn, Miss St, and UGA… and im not convinced we can’t beat Tennessee…

• CardFan502
      11:21 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Hey Jay you left us off the list. Did you not see that beatdown we put on Stanford? Although someone misspelled it on their jerseys, something like Samford.

• CardFan502
      11:46 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

^ Often imitated, never duplicated. Get ya own handle, cayut.

16. WesHos
    10:31 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Anybody else feel like Missouri is just not accepted as an SEC? Unlike A&M they just don’t have that SEC feel. They seem very Big 10 to me.

17. The Rest of the story
    10:35 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Booing your own team is wrong no matter what. I too was wondering why Stoops gave up any chance with 3 time outs left and just let the clock run. At least try and get in field goal range.

• BlueRedneck
      10:57 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Maybe because Stoops is well aware of the buzzard luck that has haunted this program for decades. What would have happened if Towles tried a long pass downfield that got intercepted for a pick-6? What if the kick was blocked and run back for a touchdown. Perhaps Stoops had faith that his team would get the job done in the second half.

• The Rest of the story
      11:18 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

And here I am thinking those days were behind us, gee dude that can happen anytime during the game and you know that is absolutely not the reason. Go somewhere else troll.

• ukjaybrat
      11:55 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Don’t think he’s a troll. in fact, i think he’s sort of on the right line of thinking. it was a tie game and we were going to get the ball back to start the second half. Towles HAD been struggling in the last couple of games, so what point was there in slinging the ball downfield. He’s clearly NOT Aaron Rodgers. Why risk it? It’s not worth it for “maybe” a 3 point lead at the half.

If we lost, would it have been one of those moments you go back and second guess? probably… but we won the game, it doesn’t matter…

• ukjaybrat
      11:58 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

What if he throws a pick 6 in that situation and go down 7 at the half? and they come out and kick a fielg goal shortly after and go down 10… what if we never come back from that? Then you would all sit here on monday complaining about why we tried to ball downfield instead of just going into half with a tie ball game and the possession to start the third…

18. CWS
    10:39 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

UNCLE BILLY LOST MONEY IN “ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE”, & MR. POTTER KEPT IT.

• bigbluecoop
      10:48 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Yep. Shannon is Mr. Potter for the 21st century. Reminds me of the SNL skit of the unseen ending of “It’s a Wonderful Life”, where everyone leaves the Bailey’s home and storms Potter’s office and kills him.

• BlueRedneck
      10:55 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Mr. Potter and Ebeneezer Scrooge are kindred spirits. Unfortunately, there are plenty of modern day counterparts, and some are actually running for public office.

19. hater
    10:50 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Stealing someone else’s money and booing your home team are indicators of being a thief and an ass hole.

• papasnapper
      11:12 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Amen!

20. The Rest of the story
    10:50 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

I really thought UT would beat the Gators as I still think UF is a bad team living on the line of disaster.

• BlueRedneck
      11:12 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

My daughter’s teammate has parents who are from Tennessee and are long time Vols fans, but they lived in Gainesville and their son is a Gator’s fan. Only thing that could make it worse would be for one of them to be a Duke fan! It would be easy to dislike them for this, but they are great people. I have to give the dad credit for cheering for the Cats when we played the Gators.

21. BlueRedneck
    10:54 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

In response to the article above the show thread about the EKU player who was killed in a car crash this weekend, I think it would be very classy for them to hold out a moment of silence to honor him at the beginning of the game Saturday. I realize he plays for the opposition and there has been some bad blood between the players, but EKU is another in-state school and it would be the right thing to do. Someone please get the ball rolling on that.

• CLASS
      10:59 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

It shouldn’t matter if he plays for the opposing team or UK a young life was lost at 19 that is truly terrible for the parents of the child. We shouldn’t be a poll to decide if a moment of silence is taken or not it should happen because it’s the right thing to do regardless of bad blood or not

• BlueRedneck
      11:09 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Absolutely agree!

• ukjaybrat
      11:11 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

ditto. gotta show class… some things are beyond sports and even “beef” … tragedy is tragey. there should absolutely be a moment of silence.

• papasnapper
      11:19 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Should be a humanitarian no brainer and I trust that UK will make it happen. I’ve seen that happen a couple of times this year while at away high school soccer matches.

• J-Dub421
      11:27 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Agreed, we have the opportunity to take the high road, and we should take it. Hopefully it would have the added benefit of de-escalating some of the recent bad blood as well.

22. KT
    10:58 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

I agree BlueRedneck. We had one bad incident with EKU but in general the programs have always been friendly. Thoughts out to their team and the young man’s family. Very sad story.

23. CATandMONKEY
    10:59 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

There is – and should not be anything illegal about carrying large sums of cash on one’s person. I don’t have that kind of jack so it’s a bit irrelevant but it is none of the police’s business if I have 10, 20 or 100 grand in cash on me. Is it unwise? Probably but again, not illegal and should not ever be grounds for confiscation simply based on the amount if there are no other legal issues. What SHOULD be illegal is forcing me to have direct deposit and then charging me fees just to obtain MY money.

• BlueRedneck
      11:08 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

The banking industry has an absolute stranglehold on the economy. Like the insurance companies, they can just jack up rates and fees any time they want to increase profits. We are pretty much at their mercy, and they don’t have much of that.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:13 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Several years ago when I was still paying off professional school loans to the tune of $1500 /month my wife would occasionally overdraw us by 5-100 bucks. A 2 dollar overdraft cost 30 bucks. They made far more from me than someone with a $10,000 balance. Glad those days are past.

24. House Buyer
    11:12 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Ryan – I would like to make a cash offer on a house that is 250,000 dollars and would like to make it in 100’s??? Can I trust you to figure the math on this deal???

25. KT
    11:13 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Listening to Ryan do math is simultaneously one of the most painful yet intriguing things I have ever listened to.

26. Cats won. Bengals 3-0. It’s a GREAT day to be a Cats/Bengals fan!!!

I tuned in late, but there is one name I haven’t heard bandied about and I wonder if it should be: Eric Korem. Is he maybe one of the reasons that the defense is more stout than a lot of us (including me) thought it would be?

• Goes Without Saying
      11:26 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

The Bungals…don’t worry, they still have plenty of games to blow, as usual.

• Towles' Man Bun
      11:35 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Bengals are not only going to win the AFC North again this year, but they will finally get over the playoff hump with a “W” at PBS. Mark it down.

27. I hated to see Mrs. Tyler’s post about the EKU player who lost his life in a car accident. Maybe players on both sides will grow up a bit and think about things other than barfights.

Thoughts and prayers to the Kraemer family.

28. Cat fan
    11:53 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

I agree, should have a moment of silence for the EKU player killed as it is tragic. Show respect, then go out and physically pound the crap out of them.

29. J-Dub421
    11:54 am September 28, 2015 Permalink

Any big time program that is starting a freshman at quarterback, is only doing so because they have no other viable option.