Recapping a big weekend (Monday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang will recap the weekend, including Matt’s big win at the Ohio Valley Emmy Awards, the latest from Saturday’s football scrimmage, and how things are progressing at KSBar and Grille. Start your week right and turn on the radio!

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

21 Comments for Recapping a big weekend (Monday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:23 am August 20, 2018 Permalink

It would be so typical of the media to act like Terry’s the leader until a month out, act like it’s now Gunnar for a few weeks, and then report that the coaches are now going to pick Terry, when the coaches haven’t actually said anything all along.

• runningunnin.454
      10:29 am August 20, 2018 Permalink

Don’t think the coaches know; must mean they all have some “weaknesses”.
      Worrisome.

• Realme
      10:33 am August 20, 2018 Permalink

As you guys have already pointed out, they just need to be good enough to make easy passes, not turn it over, and let Benny, Lynn and C.J., etc, do their thing.

2. So I watched a good bit of the 2nd half of the 2007 LSU game yesterday. I forgot to set the DVR (grrr!!!) so I could try to figure out how to put it on my YouTube channel.

One of our few glory days in football. *sigh*

• RealCatsFan
      10:35 am August 20, 2018 Permalink

And I REALLY thought we would beat Florida that year. Sadly, wasn’t meant to be.

• runningunnin.454
      10:36 am August 20, 2018 Permalink

Did you watch the Bluegrass Miracle?
      Me neither. Once will always be enough.

• ClutchCargo
      10:41 am August 20, 2018 Permalink

I have no desire to ever watch that Bluegrass Miracle again. That play happened literally right in front of me, and the sight of that, plus the clueless celebration going on at the other end of the field was just bizarre, frustrating, etc. The knucklehead dressed up as a cow, taunting our player on the ground in the end zone was what really put it over the top. lol

• No, didn’t watch that one. Yep, I thought we had a good chance to beat UF too, but that was the very next week, so that’s a tall order. However, tanking against Miss St. was the worst. I thought for sure we were going to a better bowl game than Music City that year, but oh well, twas not to be.

3. Realme
    10:40 am August 20, 2018 Permalink

Don’t have kids, but you know what would probably make me mad if my husband went to a game while I’m giving birth? That he got to go to the game and I didn’t.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:42 am August 20, 2018 Permalink

How did we get Matt talking about childbirth? Speaking of inducing labor – our first daughter was 5 weeks early. She was born on May 31st. A few days before, we had been out on the boat, and we hit a large cruiser wake, which caused a hard landing. Mrs. RCF swears that this is what induced her early delivery – I guess we literally “shook something loose”. 🙂

5. RealCatsFan
    11:12 am August 20, 2018 Permalink

Speaking of unsolved murders, I hope they catch the two a-holes who have been robbing and murdering people in Nashville. Imagine if something like that broke out during the SEC Tournament down there.

• J-Dub421
      11:15 am August 20, 2018 Permalink

I’m not familiar with this one. I will have to go do some reading.

• runningunnin.454
      11:26 am August 20, 2018 Permalink

Speak softly and carry a big .454 Casull. Didn’t Teddy say that?

• RealCatsFan
      11:44 am August 20, 2018 Permalink

It was leading the national news this morning. Yeah, if I was down there I would definitely be packing. Said they were driving a black Chevrolet sedan.

6. runningunnin.454
    11:20 am August 20, 2018 Permalink

I see that Petrino says UL is going to beat ‘Bama.
    Reminds me of last year; Vandy said “We Want Bama”….think that one was 59-0.

• RealCatsFan
      11:45 am August 20, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, nothing like poking the bear!

7. J-Dub421
    11:25 am August 20, 2018 Permalink

By the way, I made that insane cheesecake this weekend and it was amazing. I wowed everyone at the dinner party last night. 🙂

8. The problem with snake handling is that those folks are misapplying the scripture. The promise of poison having no effect was made specifically by Christ to his apostles, not to Christians in general. It’s similar to the folks who say you’re sinning by eating bacon. That was during the Old Law only. Under the new law eating pork, etc. is not wrong (see Acts 10 [God said “Arise Peter, kill and eat” animals that were wrong to eat under the Old Law], Colossians 2:14, and the book of Hebrews).