Randall Cobb is moving on in the playoffs!

C2QRZtkVQAEgphu

For all of you who have been living under a rock for the past few hours, the Green Bay Packers and the Dalls Cowboys just put on a show in the first of two NFL playoff games. Green Bay ran out to a 21-3 lead before Dallas battled back to tie the game twice within the last four minutes. Dallas kicked a field goal with 35 seconds left to tie the game, but those 35 seconds were entirely too much time to write Aaron Rodgers off.

Rodgers led the Packers into field goal range despite running into a 3rd down and 20+ yards to go on the wrong side of the 50 yard line. The following play was one of the most clutch throw and catch plays I’ve ever seen. Check it out below.

The following play was a 51-yard field goal attempt by Mason Crosby that looked like it would miss wide-left, but straightened out and stayed between the uprights, remiscent of Austin Macginnis’ kick against Florida a few years back. You can compare the two yourself.

As for former Cat Randall Cobb, he finished with 7 catches for 62 yards. Those stats include this catch along the sideline as he barely keeps himself in-bounds.

The Packers move on to the next round of the playoffs to take on the Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, and the Atlanta Falcons.

In the second game of the night, the Steelers are currently taking on the Chiefs in Kansas City. Bud Dupree and company are looking to advance to take on the Patriots in the next round of the playoffs.

Go former Cats. Win rings.

@BrettBibbinsKSR

Article written by Brett Bibbins

Graduate of the University of Kentucky in 2015. Spend my free time watching sports, The Office or Harry Potter. Three-word phrases to live by: For The Kids and Cats by 90 @BrettBibbinsKSR

10 Comments for Randall Cobb is moving on in the playoffs!

1. Burgin
    9:20 pm January 15, 2017 Permalink

So everyone became packers fans after Cobb became a packer? I have been a cowboys fan for 25 years and a UK just as long, yet it makes me sick everyone is on the packers band wagon because of Cobb. If you were real fans you would be fans of the browns for Couch or the begals for being close but dam don’t be a packers fan they’re awful

• Brett Bibbins
      9:31 pm January 15, 2017 Permalink

I’m a Bengals fan because I grew up in NKY and currently work in downtown Cincinnati. But if they aren’t in the playoffs, cheering for former Cats makes the most sense.

• CATandMONKEY
      9:39 pm January 15, 2017 Permalink

I am a Cobb fan and haven’t liked the Cowboys since Staubach left when I was 10. Pats will win it regardless. Born and raised in New England so no bandwagon here. Cincinnati has a football team?

• CATandMONKEY
      9:42 pm January 15, 2017 Permalink

Awful? Obviously superior to “America’s Team.”

• Well, to each his own, but I’m a Bengals fan and have always had an extreme…well…lack of fondness for the Steelers. I go back to the Kenny Anderson and Boobie Clark days and remember too many times they beat us even when we had some good teams. Remember that half the league didn’t make the playoffs back then.

Sorry Bud and Brett, but GO CHIEFS! Anyone but the Steelers!

• Yeah, and their goon shredding Carson Palmer’s knee in a year we were good enough to win the Super Bowl didn’t help.

Sorry for the poor syntax above. In the early to mid 70’s, only the 6 division winners and 1 wildcard per conference made the playoffs.

• UK Big Board Update
      10:50 pm January 15, 2017 Permalink

Burgin mad.

• runningunnin.454
      11:48 pm January 15, 2017 Permalink

A little unreasonable to think all of BBN should be Cowboys’ fans; I have nothing against them, and I liked Staubach and Aikman.
      But I’ve been a Packers fan since the “ice bowl”, and a fan of the Steelers since the ‘immaculate reception”.

2. runningunnin.454
    9:50 pm January 15, 2017 Permalink

GO COBB, GO PACKERS.
    Meanwhile, Bud Dupree is having a whale of a 1st half for the Steelers.

3. 2thepoint
    10:06 pm January 15, 2017 Permalink

I was a browns fan as long as Tim Couch was there, but when I saw how they were treating and using him I once again hated them. The packers are owned by the people. They had a great QB before Dallas was ever relevant. I became a Packers fans because they threw the ball. Until then football was a boring. Once the Cowboys really opened up the game I became a die-hard Cowboy fan, but then along came Jones who ran off one of the best coaches to every coach the game in Jimmie Johnson, and then proceeded to dismantle the team. He put nothing on the field year after year for us to cheer for. He even forced all those years of Romo on “Americas fans”.

Now we have Rogers and Cobb getting it done for a team owned by fans and not a rich thug like jones. Dallas has some nice players now, but still have jones. Exciting football next weekend without some billionaire wearing a $10,000 lather coat walking the sideline so all can see him.