Rams go with a kicker other than Austin MacGinnis

Disappointing news out of the Los Angeles Rams training camp: according to The Athletic’s Jourdan Rodrigue, the Rams have decided to go with rookie kicker Sam Sloman, their seventh-round draft pick, over Austin MacGinnis and Lirim Hajrullahu. This news is especially infuriating when you see that MacGinnis had the best numbers from the Rams’ scrimmages thus far:

Hopefully we don’t have to see MacGinnis receive the bad news on the season finale of Hard Knocks next week. Clearly, the Rams will regret this.

6 Comments for Rams go with a kicker other than Austin MacGinnis

1. CJKAssassin123
    2:02 pm September 4, 2020 Permalink

Rams have a knack of doing this.

2. UKinIN
    2:48 pm September 4, 2020 Permalink

I’ve wondered what’s keeping MacGinnis off a team. Is it other kicking duties? Kickoffs?

3. Mr.Incognito
    3:14 pm September 4, 2020 Permalink

If it’s close the GM is gonna go with guy he wasted a draft pick on

4. UKInsider
    3:21 pm September 4, 2020 Permalink

My reaction captured at the 11 second mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_67jPe39kS4

5. BigBluSoTru
    5:31 pm September 4, 2020 Permalink

You say he has the better numbers he only made 1 more kick and you failed to show the distances of these kicks. The coaches see something you don’t the actual live leg of the kicker . They more than likely think the younger guys leg is more livelier and besides as close as these guys numbers were . You go with cheaper player.

6. BeastAtom
    12:01 pm September 5, 2020 Permalink

I guess the Rams don’t like winning. Their loss. Austin was killing it in the XFL. He killed it while he was here. I have no clue why all these teams are sleeping on him. It makes no sense. I think he will eventually get his shot and he will prove everyone wrong.