R.J. Barrett talks about his visit to Kentucky

R.J. Barrett, the number one player in the 2018 class, took an official visit to Kentucky this past weekend. How did it go? In an interview with Adam Zagoria, Barrett said his trip to Lexington was “alright.”

“It was alright, I got meet to meet Coach Cal and learn about the school so it was good,” Barrett said Tuesday evening by phone. “I just kind of went on a tour and watched practice and stuff.”

On the visit, Barrett said Calipari stressed Kentucky’s new Canadian pipeline, which has included Jamal Murray, Mychal Mulder, and now, Shai Alexander, and could include Barrett and Simi Shittu if things go Cal’s way.

Barrett said he will still visit Duke (Sept. 15), Arizona (Sept. 21), Oregon (Sept. 23) and Michigan (Sept. 29) and plans to sign in the fall period. When asked if it was true he grew up cheering for Duke, he was careful to say he grew up watching both the Blue Devils and the Wildcats.

“Duke and Kentucky, they’re the best of the best so obviously I wanted to watch that.”

Read more of Barrett’s comments about the visit at the link below. Or, just watch his highlights.

[ZagsBlog]

10 Comments for R.J. Barrett talks about his visit to Kentucky

1. UKantstopus
    9:55 pm September 5, 2017 Permalink

Well not sure that makes me warm and fuzzy that his visit was alright.. Would have much rather had him here for Big Blue Madness… Cal knows what he is doing though!!

2. runningunnin.454
    10:00 pm September 5, 2017 Permalink

That doesn’t sound promising….should have had him down the weekend of the alumni games.

3. notFromhere
    11:29 pm September 5, 2017 Permalink

Doesn’t seem interested at all. Too bad

4. maximumscott
    12:27 am September 6, 2017 Permalink

Cal needs new assistance that can recruit. Antigua.

5. ClutchCargo
    12:30 am September 6, 2017 Permalink

He’s Canadian. Don’t read too much into the laid back demeanor.

6. UKALLDAY1
    2:10 am September 6, 2017 Permalink

This 2018 class might be the worst in the coach cal era and I really hope I am wrong with that prediction but it sure is trending in that direction and it all dates back to that DISASTER in Egypt. Why Cal took that job I will never know. All it did was dump gasoline on a lit fire. It added to the notion that Cal can NOT win with elite talent. So now DUKE is reaping the rewards , as they are getting who they want and Kentucky will end up with a bunch of guys on Duke’s B list. To add insult to injury I think RJ Barrett is going to Duke to team up with Tre Jones and Cam Reddish …. That is just scary!

• jimmer
      7:24 am September 6, 2017 Permalink

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Good grief – lighten up. All that from a high school kids quote.

• Sentient Third Eye
      8:57 am September 6, 2017 Permalink

I think “alright” must have a different meaning these days. LIke in the eighties when “bad” suddenly became “good”.

7. Bill Selfs Hair Piece
    9:21 am September 6, 2017 Permalink

I know we view the word ‘alright’ as synonymous with ‘fine’, but in it’s original meaning it literally meant everything thing was ‘all right.’ Barrett seems educated enough to have used it in the proper meaning.