Put your rally cup cap on and tune in to KSR (Monday Show Thread)

Austin Keen in his rally cup cap (Photo by UK Athletics)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang will discuss UK Baseball’s big weekend and tonight’s showdown with NC State for a spot in the Super Regionals. In fact, Coach Mingione will join the guys to discuss it all, making this a show you definitely don’t want to miss.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

31 Comments for Put your rally cup cap on and tune in to KSR (Monday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    10:09 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

Win or lose tonight, the Bat Cats have had a great season, and Mingione earned the Coach of the Year award.
    I love the eight and nine hitters smacking home runs and setting up the top of the order.
    Go Cats.

2. Realme
    10:13 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

Called it Friday. Matt should have known that could get the guy in big trouble.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:15 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

Responsibility lies with he who sent the snap chat initially.

• Realme
      10:18 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

True, I just don’t know why it didn’t occur to Matt that publicly making it known that someone is snap chatting an obscenity while at work would have a consequence.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:22 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

Agree..I don’t like that dude lost his job and to be fair I missed most of the show Friday so I am judging based on the past 6 minutes of today’s show. I will also share blame with Matt and the friend.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:09 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

I’ll bet that dude REALLY hates Matt Jones now.

• 4everblue
      1:37 pm June 5, 2017 Permalink

Seems to me that Matt has a huge ego, I’m sure it was hurt by that.

3. ukjaybrat
    10:26 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

should the dude have snapped it? probably not.
    did he have the right to do it? yes, do what you want
    should matt have publicly shamed the dude for the snap? no
    should he have gotten fired for it? absolutely not.

lots of blame to go around

• ukjaybrat
      10:26 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

gah. been out too long. forgot how to reply

4. RealCatsFan
    10:33 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

I must have been on a call Friday when this happened. Can someone give me the cliff notes version?

• Realme
      10:35 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

Bar tender at the golf course snap chatted “Blank Matt Jones” during the show. Someone brought it to Matt’s attention, and Matt called him over to embarrass him on the air. Then he got fired.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:08 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

I didn’t know Snapchats like that would get you fired…oops!

• Please tell Matt not to tell my employer that I’m commenting.

• Realme
      11:16 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

Same, Chris. That’s why the majority of us are anonymous, right?

• RealCatsFan
      11:22 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

That’s why I always thought some people are completely idiotic for posting extremely political or controversial stuff up on their FaceBook. If you are applying for any job of consequence, you can bet the bank that they will be looking at your FB page. I have to wonder how many job opportunities (not to mention marriages) have gone to the grave yard due to FB.

• Realme
      11:28 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

Say it, forget it. Write it, regret it.

5. Realme
    10:36 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

Eric C Conn on the lam is SO KSR.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:06 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

I’m late to the show. Did they discuss Conn in the first hour? That dude’s in a lot of trouble.

• Realme
      11:14 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

Yeah, they did. Said they might use the day KSR went to his law office for the Dead Giveaway guy for the next holiday re-run. I wouldn’t mind hearing that one again.

6. RealCatsFan
    11:03 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

Slow day. Hope the baseball team can get the job done and advance to the Super Nationals. Future looks bright for the program!

• Realme
      11:10 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

I would never be able to get into baseball, but Coach M makes me wish I could. Hope they win so the Card fans can get that feeling of dread, here comes Kentucky to ruin your season.

7. Realme
    11:13 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

Shannon is kind of brave to be wearing that in public. (speedo, showing some crack).

8. RealCatsFan
    11:17 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

I don’t care if they were washed, sterilized, microwaved, whatever, as a dude, there is no way I am wearing another dude’s underwear, swim trunks, speedos, etc. I want nothing to do with a garment that has been in contact with his “boys”.

9. RealCatsFan
    11:19 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

Wow, “Donna” apparently doesn’t know who she is dealing with! 😉

10. Realme
    11:23 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

Is it reasonable to hate a super team in the NBA but love when the Cats are stacked?

• ukjaybrat
      11:37 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

in college, every team has the same opportunity to go recruit every single player. if one team (kentucky) is stacked, that sucks for everyone else but they all had the chance to recruit them.

in the nba, it’s more about contracts and who else is on your team. toronto has no shot at attracting the kind of talent to create a super team because it’s toronto and no one wants to play there. and even then, you’d have to have the money, front office and coach to get all those big salary guys to play for less money in exchange for winning titles every year. which clearly is more important to these guys.

• ky196
      11:41 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

Last comment sounds a lot like the same thing with major league baseball!

11. RealCatsFan
    11:48 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

Listening to our baseball coach, a thought occurred to me – has UK ever had such good coaches AND quality human beings in basketball, football, and baseball? And none of them has been out banging skanks or taking their mistress on a late night motorcycle ride!

12. RealCatsFan
    11:53 am June 5, 2017 Permalink

UNC deserved an upset like that. Too bad the same thing didn’t happen to their basketball team.