Preparing for the Barbasol Pro-Am (Wednesday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Matt and the gang are in studio to prepare for Matt’s run in the Barbasol PGA Pro-Am. Tune in to hear them discuss how Matt stacks up with the competition, which includes Tubby Smith, John Michael Montgomery, Rick Dees, Mark Stoops, Eddie Gran, Jacob Tamme, and LPGA rookie Emma Talley.

Today’s show was scheduled to be in Prestonsburg, but had to be postponed due to the Pro-Am. The KSR Summer Tour picks back up tomorrow in London:

7/19 – London – Shiloh Steakhouse – 218 Russell Dyche Memorial Hwy
7/20 – Lexington – Barbasol Championship

Remember, if you go to four tour stops, you’ll be entered into the drawing for the Bahamas trip. For a complete list of tour stops, click here.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

23 Comments for Preparing for the Barbasol Pro-Am (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    10:21 am July 18, 2018 Permalink

Only 21 days to go…I’m not counting, though.

• Realme
      10:25 am July 18, 2018 Permalink

Me either. Ho hum, what’s the rush.

• runningunnin.454
      10:36 am July 18, 2018 Permalink

Ninety degrees, cold beer, and UK roundball; I lied, I am counting.

• Realme
      10:39 am July 18, 2018 Permalink

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkk! Okay, I’m a little excited.

• If I had the do re mi I would definitely go to the Bahamas.

• Realme
      10:54 am July 18, 2018 Permalink

Somebody win the power ball real quick so we can all go.

• J-Dub421
      11:26 am July 18, 2018 Permalink

I’ll get right on that RM. 😉

2. I’m sure some here don’t remember this, but Rick Dees also did a Casey Kasem type top 40 countdown radio show at one time.

He also had a short lived (like every other talk show that challenged Johnny) late night talk show on ABC called “Into the Night”.

Also, his wife was a very talented impressionist and comedienne (her name is Julie I think), and she did voices on his Top 40 show. He injected a lot of comedy and it was pretty good.

I had no idea he lived in KY!

3. Realme
    10:53 am July 18, 2018 Permalink

Really? First time caller Binky is a different Binky than the one that called last week. Sure.

• runningunnin.454
      11:14 am July 18, 2018 Permalink

Reminds me of a QB we had when I was at UK…named Dinky (no, really), He managed the apartment complex where I lived.
      One day, some of us were tossing the football around out back, and he came out. I tossed him the ball, and said “give me some heat”. He threw it as hard as he could, and I thought, oh crap…just give it to Sonny.

4. For all the UL trolls & Debbie Downers who come in here and yell that “Stoops wouldn’t have a job if it wasn’t for Mac!” AND???????????????? AND????????????????

SO WHAT??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He (or Marrow or whoever) had the intelligence to recruit the guy AND offer a schollie!!! Bama has a terrible kicking game because they don’t offer schollies to kickers, but we had a GREAT kicking game cuz we DO!!! If Bama had offered, they probably would have never put Tua in the natty game because it would have been over in regulation instead of their kicker missing everything.

Rant over.

5. Realme
    11:11 am July 18, 2018 Permalink

I’ll be at the golf thing on Friday. I’ll be the one trying to look like I don’t hate golf.

• Booby Petrino
      11:16 am July 18, 2018 Permalink

sounds terrible. I hope there is lots of alcohol for you. It takes alcohol to make golf tolerable…and barely tolerable at that.

• Realme
      11:19 am July 18, 2018 Permalink

Well, I am assuming being outside and on my feet will mean it can’t put me to sleep at least. I am excited for my husband though, big deal to him.

• ClutchCargo
      11:22 am July 18, 2018 Permalink

I was offered a free ticket to go with my neighbor on Friday and I declined due to work. I could have burned another vacation day, but I’m just not that into watching other people play golf. And I do like to actually play.

• J-Dub421
      11:31 am July 18, 2018 Permalink

At least you’ll be outside enjoying the sunshine. Golf courses are like little nature preserves, when you get bored, just look for wildlife.

• Realme
      11:32 am July 18, 2018 Permalink

Oh totally, I’ll be looking for birds (instead of birdies).

• ClutchCargo
      11:39 am July 18, 2018 Permalink

True. I have seen alligators, bobcats, deer, turkeys, beavers, alligator snapping turtles, armadillos, you name it, on golf courses.

6. runningunnin.454
    11:27 am July 18, 2018 Permalink

I see Dontaie Allen is going to visit UK, and he’s moving up in the rankings…Cal has to take notice.
    UL wants him, so I do too.

• Realme
      11:31 am July 18, 2018 Permalink

Me too. I want to have a Ky kid that can play whenever possible.