Poll: Would you change your name to Kroger for $100K/year?

The guys are having some fun in Bardstown today and they just brought up an interesting question for listeners of the show.

With the new renaming of Commonwealth Stadium in mind, Matt asked Ryan and Shannon, “Would you change your name to Kroger for $100,000 a year over 10 years?”

Ryan and Shannon both said absolutely yes.

So let me ask you, KSR readers… Would YOU change your name to Kroger for $100K? It would be on your ID and everyone would have to call you that. Your current first name would be tossed out and forgotten.

You doing it?

find bike trails

And if you’re in, what’s the least amount of money it would take? Tell us how low you would go.

bike trails

Article written by Drew Franklin

19 Comments for Poll: Would you change your name to Kroger for $100K/year?

1. ukjaybrat
    11:30 am May 3, 2017 Permalink

in a heartbeat. but 100K to me is a LOT of money and not a lot of people would use my name.
    100L to UK/JMI is not as much money in comparison and a LOT of people will be using that name. so apples/oranges i think.

2. Irwin R. Fletcher
    11:38 am May 3, 2017 Permalink

Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not Mr. Kroger. You’re Mr. Kroger. I’m the Dude. So that’s what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you’re not into the whole brevity thing.

3. BiasedBigfoot
    11:45 am May 3, 2017 Permalink

Maybe I’m just too comfortable on my high horse, but you people need to get a backbone. Geez! Unless your destitute, why would you stoop to having someone change your name? And all for the sake of filthy lucre? Again, if your desperate for basic necessitates – fine. But other than that…… have some pride people.

• Booby Petrino
      12:30 pm May 3, 2017 Permalink

screw that. Pride and money are the downfall of mankind. And if I’m choosing, when it comes to a name, I’ll take money. It’s not like we’re changing it to Fartknocker or something nasty.

• TBW3011
      12:34 pm May 3, 2017 Permalink

You seem fun.

4. Sentient Third Eye
    11:59 am May 3, 2017 Permalink

Only if they’ll let me pronounce it like “Roger”.

5. Blue Jesus
    12:11 pm May 3, 2017 Permalink

Kroger did, of course, start as a name (albeit a last name), so it’s not that outlandish. (Side note: I grew up calling it Kroger’s, which makes sense to me given that it’s Mr. Kroger’s store, whoever that was.)

Also, this would be an even easier choice if you lived in a part of the country where Kroger doesn’t exist. But yeah I’d probably go as low as $10,000 or even $5,000 a year, although I wouldn’t want people to know that I was making money by selling my naming rights…

• Sentient Third Eye
      12:16 pm May 3, 2017 Permalink

Since it’s traditional in many parts of the US for male children to be named with the last name of the mother as a middle name, there are probably a lot of guys with Kroger as a middle name.

6. Mathlete
    12:11 pm May 3, 2017 Permalink

I’d go by K Roger, but in a heartbeat I’d get a new “nickname” for 6 figures

7. Catsby80
    12:28 pm May 3, 2017 Permalink

People hardly ever call me by my first name as it is, so yes I would 100% change my name to Kroger for 100k/year. No brainer.. People who are hot and bothered by this need to relax. This is corporate America – either hop on board or get left in the dust. People act like Commonwealth Stadium had a ton of history. We sucked for nearly 45 years in that place. Hopefully we can have better success under the new name.

8. pancakesfordinner
    12:33 pm May 3, 2017 Permalink

This was already an episode of the show Community, only it was with subway.

9. TBW3011
    12:33 pm May 3, 2017 Permalink

Forget 100k per year. I’d do it for 100k total. Give me 100k up front and I’ll change it for 10 years.

10. runningunnin.454
    12:39 pm May 3, 2017 Permalink

Kroger was started by Barney Kroger in the 1800’s…would you change your name to that?
    Sounds like a nerd in a “frat movie”.

11. Yardeth
    1:43 pm May 3, 2017 Permalink

Hell, my name is Roger and my accent is already bad enough that adding a K in front of Roger is not that big a deal. “Show me the Money”

12. MikesWay
    1:46 pm May 3, 2017 Permalink

I miss basketball season.

13. Joe B. Y'all
    1:49 pm May 3, 2017 Permalink

Drew, you’ve clearly under-estimated the fan base’s appetite for pimping themselves out. Threshold on the poll should have been $500-$1000!

14. chris43
    3:28 pm May 3, 2017 Permalink

Hell yeah! 😄

15. BLUEsky
    8:04 pm May 3, 2017 Permalink

At this point in my life, high stress job, I would change my name to Turd Furgerson for that kind of money.