Pitino dubs his Twitter followers “Pitweetos”

A brand new day in the Bluegrass is made even better by the fact that Rick Pitino is tweeting again.

After promising to bring a spirit of optimism to social media in his first tweet yesterday, Pitino brought the jokes this morning, apologizing to his followers, aka “Pitweetos,” for the spelling errors in his bio:

Leave it to Rick to blame it on someone else.

He followed that up four minutes later with a tweet about visiting the Bellarmine basketball team, for which he received “15 beautiful handwritten letters”:

Commas are your friend, Rick. But, please, don’t stop.

[mobile_ad]

34 Comments for Pitino dubs his Twitter followers “Pitweetos”

1. Realme
    10:09 am September 21, 2018 Permalink

This is getting gross already.

• J-Dub421
      10:29 am September 21, 2018 Permalink

I’m just waiting for him to get into a flame war with a troll.

2. Can I say it again? The gift that keeps on giving.

3. Duuuuuude
    10:30 am September 21, 2018 Permalink

So Pitino is calling Louisville home despite the fact that he swore he would never return here?

4. ClutchCargo
    10:35 am September 21, 2018 Permalink

Clearly no one ever gave him the gift of class.

5. CombatMedic_98
    10:47 am September 21, 2018 Permalink

Why is KSR reporting on Rick PITINO stuff…?! No one cares about Rick PITINO like you do. Please stop re-posting stuff of Rick PITINO. My goodness this is insanity and similar to “middle-school” antics & idiosyncrasies…senior staff please address this “contributer” and BAN Rick PITINO prints…

6. CombatMedic_98
    10:49 am September 21, 2018 Permalink

I mean you all post more PITINO articles than our entire UK sports coaching staff…TT why don’t u create the LSR (Louisville Sports Network) and report on the has beens every day…SERIOUSLY

• Bluebloodtoo
      11:03 am September 21, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, when is it enough? They are entertaining, but eventually it has to fade, right? He’s not at Louisville anymore, so even the relevance has to fade eventually…

• Booby Petrino
      11:22 am September 21, 2018 Permalink

It’s really easy to keep scrolling if you don’t care about a post. It entertains a lot of people, the site doesn’t just cater to you. And the more you comment, the more hits they get so they’ll just keep posting.

• CombatMedic_98
      11:52 am September 21, 2018 Permalink

Yep Yep Yep you are right in the same it applies to you as well. But I think I speak for a lot of people and ask why on a Kentucky sports radio news blog that we see repetitive rick Pitino articles it doesn’t make any Sense whatsoever to do an article on Rick Pitino it has nothing to do with Kentucky the University of Kentucky or any sports for the University of Kentucky so why in gods name do they write and post articles about Rick Pitino

• CombatMedic_98
      11:53 am September 21, 2018 Permalink

Annnnnnd it’s really easy for contributors to not post articles that has NOTHING to do with Kentucky Sports…right!?

• Iamheasyouarehe
      12:01 pm September 21, 2018 Permalink

I personally like watching him go down in flames, if I didn’t I would just choose not to read it at all. But I do love it. Keep it coming.

• CombatMedic_98
      12:09 pm September 21, 2018 Permalink

He, that truly is a “she” response…totally hypocritical of your “call-sign” chief!

• Memphis UK Cat
      12:15 pm September 21, 2018 Permalink

Come on man! Scroll past it. I like keeping up a lot of things including stuff I don’t like. You don’t have to read it.

• CombatMedic_98
      1:18 pm September 21, 2018 Permalink

Isn’t that an oxymoron you like reading stuff you don’t like that’s hard for me to understand

• Iamheasyouarehe
      12:27 pm September 21, 2018 Permalink

And in case anyone has forgotten, it is Kentucky basketball related. He was the coach who made us relevant again. I agree, scroll on if it doesn’t interest you or it annoys you.

• CombatMedic_98
      1:17 pm September 21, 2018 Permalink

Adolph Rupp made us relevant not Rick Pitino

• Iamheasyouarehe
      12:30 pm September 21, 2018 Permalink

Guess you’re too young to remember the Beatles Medic. Aren’t you the same one complaining about Terry Wilson being our QB? Hmmmmmm.

• CombatMedic_98
      3:01 pm September 21, 2018 Permalink

I was complaining I was speaking truth about the overall qualities of a Champion QB…anyone can handoff and run the ball…to win Championships you have to be a great passing QB. That was my angle. You will see that Wilson will have to win the game with his arm tomorrow night. Their defense will make him throw. If he can’t then Hoak will have to get under Center again to save the win…they will scheme for both run games to make him throw. I think he’s ready for it and so we’ll see how it goes. I am excited.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      1:34 pm September 21, 2018 Permalink

Medic you’re not very good at UK basketball history. Yes Rupp made us relevant but maybe you’ve forgotten how long we went without being relevant before Pitino arrived. Pitino, whether you love him or hate him, brought us back to prominence in a short period of time. But again if it bothers you, keep scrolling.

• CombatMedic_98
      2:57 pm September 21, 2018 Permalink

Hunh!? Are you crazy!? Joe B Hall…Eddie…you must have been in diapers and still wet behind the ears to know what occurred in the 70-80’s era and slick Rick had 1 NCAA championship and I wonder what else he supplied those boys…by the way CM Newton was the reason we stayed so “relevant” if anyone…not the slick talkin’ New Yorkuuuuah’

• CombatMedic_98
      9:01 pm September 21, 2018 Permalink

Rrrrrright…he won one NCAA Championship. Wow!

• ukcamel
      1:44 pm September 21, 2018 Permalink

Because clicks mean money and Pitino means clicks. Are you some kind of commie?

• It may be overdone, but come on, the man just keeps stepping in it. If he would just ride off into the sunset and enjoy retirement there would be nothing to report on.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      6:07 pm September 21, 2018 Permalink

Medic, son if you ever were really in the military you must have spent too much time in the poppy fields of Afghanistan. I was around for Rupp on up, I guess you don’t remember but until Pitino the last championship was in 78′, Sutton put us on probation and Pitino brought us back to prominence. Seriously put down the crack pipe and go back to the military if all you want to do is start arguments and complain about everything. Bottom line is Pitino does have something to do with UK. So deal with it chief.

• J-Dub421
      6:37 pm September 21, 2018 Permalink

Pitino is a former coach at UK. Clearly he has something to do with UK sports. I also love how you’re casually sexist there, Combat. Being a woman isn’t bad and shouldn’t be used as an insult. Grow up.

7. sprtphan
    10:53 am September 21, 2018 Permalink

Please, someone get this man a full psychiatric evaluation.

8. peaches76
    10:53 am September 21, 2018 Permalink

But he’s already returned. Last Friday…of course a payment was involved.

9. Shidler8684
    11:43 am September 21, 2018 Permalink

I hope KSR stops following him soon.

10. Look Out Fireworks
    12:31 pm September 21, 2018 Permalink

Actually with that apostrophe, he is calling himself Pitweeto, not his followers.

11. kjd
    12:39 pm September 21, 2018 Permalink

He has a constant need to be stroked, referring to his ego.

12. CombatMedic_98