Perry Stevenson lands a job at Trinity

Perry Stevenson just got his first break in the coaching business, landing a job at Trinity High School in Louisville as an assistant coach under Mike Szabo. Perry announced the news on Twitter this morning, saying, “Everybody dreams of getting their career started at an already successful place and I get to do it! #BOOM I got the Assistant coaching job at Trinity High School!! #Shamrocks #CoachStevenson.”

Stevenson will work with Trinity’s Ray Spalding, a 6-foot-9 power forward with interest from Kentucky, Louisville and a scholarship offer from Indiana. Spalding recorded a double-double in Trinity’s semifinal loss to Scott County in this year’s KHSAA semifinal.

Congratulations to the Microwave!

Article written by Drew Franklin

14 Comments for Perry Stevenson lands a job at Trinity

1. The Loco Pollo
    10:47 am May 6, 2014 Permalink

Congrats, Purry!

Flex your bones on some St. X fools.

2. schwing
    11:05 am May 6, 2014 Permalink

good for purry. how did durius do?

3. inside info
    11:33 am May 6, 2014 Permalink

Congrats to the Prairie Dog. He’s slowed down on twitter but used to be one of the funniest ex-UK players on social media. Under-utilized during his time at UK. I bet he could have had a pretty good career in Europe.

4. Axe Cop
    11:52 am May 6, 2014 Permalink

Show ’em how to dunk!

5. Appalachianassassin
    12:02 pm May 6, 2014 Permalink

He rang me up at the mall the other day, and I thought wtf Perry is this how we take care of our former players? So I googled him and it turns out he has been substitute teaching, working retail, and blogging for the last few months. I am happy to see him proceed and succeed at the next stage in his life, hopefully if RR can coach Cordia then Perry can find a head coaching job soon.

6. DAKARI STOOPS
    12:09 pm May 6, 2014 Permalink

Glad to see Perry Stevenson back in the scene, He was one of my favorites in that late Tubby Smith early The name we dont speak era….GO PERRY!!!

7. Jon Hood
    12:13 pm May 6, 2014 Permalink

I look 10 in this pic

8. Cals Cats 3.0
    12:14 pm May 6, 2014 Permalink

The bigger question is, “is all you can eat pop tarts, part of the benefits package?”

9. Rixter
    2:21 pm May 6, 2014 Permalink

I bet Trinity puts Perry in charge of recruiting.

10. jp7
    2:22 pm May 6, 2014 Permalink

Glad for Perry. They probably just want him to coach, not recruit. They already have that under control.

11. SCHSAlum
    2:28 pm May 6, 2014 Permalink

I wonder if Stevenson is going to head up their recruiting department? Not a very good recruiting class for the ‘Rocks last season. At least not in comparison to the James Quick class. lol

12. Rocks Basketball
    2:52 pm May 6, 2014 Permalink

Perry can get down into Park DuValle, and bring those athletes out to Shelbyville Rd, who could turn down a $10,000 a year scholarship?

13. Raging Against the Machine
    5:05 pm May 6, 2014 Permalink

Great. A school that already gets to recruit now brings in a former high DI athlete to help coach. The KHSAA has to do something about these private schools and their “need-based” scholarships.

14. Trinity Alumni
    9:15 pm May 6, 2014 Permalink

Happy to see Perry get a shot at coaching within the state of Kentucky. Even better that it is at my alma mater! To the poor saps who are upset about ‘recruiting’ then please pay for your high school education and get back to me.